Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CAMPERS!! .. last minute info!
As a percautionary measure, can I please get a direct map to the campground and numbers to where I can reach you guys?

I will probably be on time tomorrow, but the funny thing with advertising is there are these stupid things called deadlines.

I may be late an hour tomorrow and I don't want to hold you all up.

I may have to go on my own.

Thanks guys. :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
I'm gonna pick up a new ontario highway map...

from what I saw on google maps, you take the 400 to barrie, and then continue on to 11.. skip 69, but 11 will turn into a couple other highways and back before you get to hwy 60

if I can find a better online map, I will.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

follow this google map to huntsville...

clicky here

but turn bear right onto hwy 6 (right after hwy 2).. then head along hwy 60 until you hit pog lake.

Looks like the work I thought I had to do won't get to me untill Monday.

I'm good, I'll be there at 12:30 Steve.
sweet .. we can get lost in the bush together.

darkpuppet,Jun 9 2005, 10:08 PM Wrote:sweet .. we can get lost in the bush together.
[right][snapback]113608[/snapback][/right]

cue stupid jokes.
ok..pinned topic so map is there.. also...

.AnthonyD is meeting me at my place at 12:30.. we're heading to 400 and 7 to meet Raine and head straight out (sorry kids, we can show off our cars at the campsite)...

J3RT is rendevousing enroute... I have two FRS radios... I'll keep one on channel 7 (it's nice and neutral)... try calling us up on that if you're in range... if we get cross talk, I have another radio and can chat with the 'convoy' on another channel. but one radio will ALWAYS be on channel 7.

Just so there's no confusion Jeremy... CHANNEL 7!!!

Anything else?

oh.. looks like barrie suffered some heavy flodding, and there are weather advisories for possible tornados and such, so the weather may not be so crispy at algonquin... make sure you pack accordingly.

see ya's tomorrow!

[edit] in case any attendees haven't figured this out.. keep all last minute camping chatter to this thread.. I'll monitor it until the time comes for me to leave (around noonish)...

also hit me up on my cell 416-409-9950 if an emergency....

l8r!

darkpuppet,Jun 9 2005, 10:13 PM Wrote:ok..pinned topic so map is there.. also...

.AnthonyD is meeting me at my place at 12:30.. we're heading to 400 and 7 to meet Raine and head straight out  (sorry kids, we can show off our cars at the campsite)...

J3RT is rendevousing enroute... I have two FRS radios... I'll keep one on channel 7 (it's nice and neutral)... try calling us up on that if you're in range... if we get cross talk, I have another radio and can chat with the 'convoy' on another channel.  but one radio will ALWAYS be on channel 7.

Just so there's no confusion Jeremy... CHANNEL 7!!!

Anything else? 

oh.. looks like barrie suffered some heavy flodding, and there are weather advisories for possible tornados and such, so the weather may not be so crispy at algonquin... make sure you pack accordingly.

see ya's tomorrow!

[edit] in case any attendees haven't figured this out.. keep all last minute camping chatter to this thread.. I'll monitor it until the time comes for me to leave (around noonish)...

also hit me up on my cell 416-409-9950 if an emergency....

l8r!
[right][snapback]113610[/snapback][/right]

WOW.

SO THERE'S GONNA BE SOME SOGGY BITS WHEN WE GET THERE HUH???
:angry:
Weather office is saying sunny skies and low percep for Algonquin tomorrow, so we should be fine, but the drive between Bradford and Gravenhurst might be a little sketchy. Pack rain gear tho, as Sunday has a chance of showers and Monday's gonna be thunderstorms. Poncho's if you have em, garbage bags if you don't.

Steve/Anthony, please call me when you're leaving. Where is Andrew meeting us?

Also recommend that we set the Jeremy channel to a GMRS signal. Make it Channel 16+ so it's on a higher power.
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
Remind me never to become a Meterologist... 4:45 am... just got woken up by thunder and lightning... yay!

EDIT: Now it's 6:05... haven't been able to get back to sleep. My neck is killing me. Anyway, humidity has risen 15% in the past hour :P Still cloudy, but breaking in some spots. Thunderclouds still sitting over Lake Ontario, heading northeast.

[Image: WKR_CAPPI_2005_06_10_10_00.GIF]

Skies look clear over the park tho

The drive along the 400 is gonna be shitty. Toronto thru to Huntsville are all expecting thunderstorms today, with Toronto - Barrie expecting about 5 - 10 mm of rain, North of Barrie only 1 - 3 mm... nevertheless, if it's raining that means no open windows, and that means a/c running as it's going to be about 31 degrees today. Fun fun.

EDIT: Steve, Anthony, Jer, This is now your hourly weather updates thread.

As of 7:10, conditions are looking more favourable. Roads should be dry when we set out, but we will encounter a storm this afternoon thru Barrie. They got beat yesterday with flash flooding and severe storm weather, and gustnado/tornado watches are on and off for that whole region. Pack lots of water if you wanna save gas. Almost all of Ontario is under a heat alert today.
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
wish the battery wasn't dead in my casio pathfinder... otherwise, I'd monitor temps and barometric pressure on site.

As for the radio, some of us don't have dam military equipment, so mine only goes up to channel 14... 7 will be fine for our purposes I think.

THIS JUST IN FROM 2001ZTS:

Just got back from spending the week in Sarnia, thanks for invite but I hope to be there, set up and flopped in my lawn chair by 1300.

Be careful with your ‘convoy” they tend to attract the wrong kind of attention. You could get on TV with Cam Wooley though, what a tool.

My cell is 416-518-2158 and I’ll have it with me.
Channel 7 is good for me too.

As for the wet roads. Please be careful guys, my tires are not great in the wet these days.

Steve, I'll call you when I leave the office.

Looking forward to it boys....
As for the weather..... Looks favourable to say the least.
Suns out, roads are drying... in Toronto anyway.

Some words of advice before you leave:

Light clothing is better... this applies for colours and weights. It's gonna be hot as s**t this weekend and we're not gonna have any a/c to retreat to, so dress with light clothes. Remember tho, that at night it's gonna get cold, so bring sweaters and pants. Light colours are less appealing to mosquitoes & blackflies, but nothing's gonna save you like deep woods off.
2000 Black ZX3
Raine,Jun 10 2005, 08:05 AM Wrote:Suns out, roads are drying... in Toronto anyway.

Some words of advice before you leave:

Light clothing is better... this applies for colours and weights. It's gonna be hot as s**t this weekend and we're not gonna have any a/c to retreat to, so dress with light clothes. Remember tho, that at night it's gonna get cold, so bring sweaters and pants. Light colours are less appealing to mosquitoes & blackflies, but nothing's gonna save you like deep woods off.
[right][snapback]113652[/snapback][/right]

Check and check!
Car is nearly packed, need ice & beer.
I will have my radio on 7.
If I have got my timing right I should be meeting up with the convoy on 400 between 9 & 89.
My cell is 519-830-9026.
I'll worry about the weather when I'm there.
j3rt,Jun 10 2005, 08:04 AM Wrote:Car is nearly packed, need ice & beer.
I will have my radio on 7.
If I have got my timing right I should be meeting up with the convoy on 400 between 9 & 89.
My cell is 519-830-9026.
I'll worry about the weather when I'm there.
[right][snapback]113657[/snapback][/right]

Good, seems everyone is ready to go.

Can you believe this s**t is actually coming together? LOL I'm good to go, just need ice and beer as well. Otherwise packed :)
2000 Black ZX3
I gots my beer and Anthony's gin (hope you likes beefeater man!)..

a quick stop for ice, and I'm good to go.

oh and a haircut..need a haircut.