Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Something Wrong With Amp Or Deck
I have a sony x plod amp powering two 10" 1200 subs, with an alpine deck, every once an awhile the base will go crazy loud and stay loud for about a minute or so.

I have re wired everything checked all fuses changed the frequency. What else could it be??
My guess would be something internal in the amp. I had something similar happen to my Phoenix Gold amp a little while ago. Eventually it started popping fuses. Problem went away when I replaced the amp last month.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

Is a loud steady sound or pops, you may want to check that none of your RCA cables are damaged and grounding out (continuous sound).if you can even unlug the RCA cables and see if it still does if so then its likely the amp.
David
[Image: sigfocuscanada.jpg]
Might be the output IC's are done in your amp. I've seen this happen with Xplod amps.
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
I have the 2005-2007 series amps for sony and have no probs with suck ruckus as your explaining. Though I do get a pop once in awhile when changing songs if the volumn is low around 6-10 out of 30. I know its a grounding issuse but it sounds good on my end.
Sry I can help ya.
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

deff is the amp starting to fail, sony xplods do exactly that, explode
i'm guessing rca circuit board cutting out, or just bad rca's or bad rca connection
Garage16.ca
2003 Twilight Blue Focus SE
Stock for now...
found the problem it was a bad ground and I turned the amp to half power but still sounds great.