Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone Else Had To Turn On Their Home A/c Yet?
I normally wait till mid/end of june, but s**t the house is damned hot... it's 27 degrees inside... hotter outside... crazy. So I get to contribute to summer air pollution and brownouts earlier this year
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
Wussy^^^

This is warm...not hot....

just wait man...
Try being in a steel plant in this weather. I'm lucky I have an air conditioned office but once you step out to the mill or meltshop it is an oven. The guys have to wear thick fire retardant clothing with long underwear underneath (so you don't burn yourself when the outside layer gets hot). The guys go outside to 'cool off' in the 30+ degree sun :blink: .
I've got fans on inside the house and cleaned up the AC outside the house to get it rdy for use...but haven't turned it on yet. Its not that hot yet......but i have turned on the AC in the focus..lol
2003 Focus ZTS Sedan - CD Silver - 2.0L ZETEC. Power Moonroof. Winter Package. 4 spd auto
2002 Mazda Protege ES Sedan - Sand Mica - 2.0L FS-DE. 4 spd auto

Toronto Protege Club Events Photographer
Toronto Protege Club Events Reporter
It's on and working great!
I work nights and being in bed at 1pm in the afternoon with 30+ degree weather makes for an uncomfortable sleep.
To hell with you all.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
House A/c is on and going strong, But not in the car I drove with all the windows down and sun roof wide open on the way home today. I don't know about you guys but with the a/c on in the car I find a huge reduction in the pick up and go factor from a dead stop.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
my air conditioner has been on for over a week.. I do everything in my power to keep my appartment a cool 65

Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

The older and fatter I become, the less I can take the heat. I like to use the excuse that the air conditioning is more for the computers and electronics in the house. Heat and humidity is not good for that stuff.
ZTWsugardaddy,Jun 5 2005, 08:13 PM Wrote:The older and fatter I become, the less I can take the heat.

Ditto... No computer excuses for me. I'm hot and I pay the hydro. End of story.
[Image: 860doigiveadamn2yy.gif]

Prolly Is not a word
A/C = waste of money for me..I like the heat....
I've used the A/C in the car maybe 10 times in the 3 years I've owned it... but I can't sleep in heat like this
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
last year I didn't put it in and there were only a few *really* uncomfortable nights...but already this year I'm not liking it at night...putting it in over the next couple of days, I think.
Car-less for the first time in years...
'01 Twilight Blue ZTS is gone...
'90 Eagle Talon TSi AWD - 15psi, 3" cat-back w/Turbo muffler, blah blah....is now gone too Sad
I came close to turning it on last night but the wife turned on a small fan full blast and that made sleeping a bit easier. As for heat I don't mind it that much 10 years ago I worked at a power plant up in Maple where the temp inside on the hottest day would get up 55c-60c and we would all go outside to cool off in the winter time by the time the snow came whitin 10 feet of some parts of the plant it would turn into rain.

Laterz :)
1972 Austin Mini | 1989 Mini30 | 2002 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS
i love heat...when i was in Shanghai last summer, it was 51 with the humidex and i ws in heaven...

its been raining and windy and no higher than 20 here...Saskatchewan sucks
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...
I've had it one several times this year already but I'm the kinda guy that would leave the window open slightly 10 months out of the year. Always hot, seems like anything over 25 outside in the sun is pretty 'hot' to me but winter is more 'liveable' that way for me as shoveling in -50 with the windchill doesn't bother me..... must be a true Canadian I guess?!?
Mine has been on for a while... Our house sucks for ventlation. My room is like 26~30c when downstairs is like 20c :ph34r:
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
HAD IT GOING FULL TILT ALL DAY YESTERDAY!
Installed it yesterday, havent turned it off yet!
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Raine,Jun 5 2005, 06:37 PM Wrote:I normally wait till mid/end of june, but s**t the house is damned hot... it's 27 degrees inside... hotter outside... crazy. So I get to contribute to summer air pollution and brownouts earlier this year
[right][snapback]112791[/snapback][/right]

Living in a condo so the building switched over to A/C mode around May 20 IIRC. I only really use it hardcore at night cause I have to sleep, during the day I can stand as much as 25C as long as I'm not doing much.

In car I either have the sunroof wide open or the A/C going, sweating makes my glasses fall off my nose, not condusive to driving safety :P

NefCanuck