Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The New Stance...
Finally received the wheels after a couple months of back order. So I managed to get everything installed a couple weeks ago. Changes have happened since though. I now have a 2005 Focus ST front grille in black, so no more chrome eye-sore, and the rear badges are shaved with the 'Focus' emblem being modified in favor of it stating 'Fucus' instead. :D

Here's a few pictures. I think the lens on my camera is getting dirty, so forgive the blurriness of some photos. These were taken the day after I had it done, so I sure hope it's settled a bit since these photos were taken, otherwise I hear this one a lot: "Those wheels look awesome, now you should lower it!" *sigh*

[Image: LoweredFocus006.jpg]

[Image: LoweredFocus009.jpg]

[Image: LoweredFocus013.jpg]

[Image: LoweredFocus011.jpg]

Here's the 18" Kazera KZ-A wheels I was waiting for oh so long to receive. They ride on a set of 215/35 Kuhmo Ecsta MX tires.
[Image: LoweredFocus007.jpg]
Beautie!
i love your rims, your car kools super tight...

how much did you drop it?? looks like you could go another inch if you wanted to safely...

a nice exhasust out the back should look nice too, and maybe some tint on your headlights B)
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...
I have the Eibach dampers & springs, for a 1.5" drop. I'm not too concerned with the height, I'm more concerned with the increased handling ability. If you lower it too much, it doesn't help with that. I have lots of ground clearance for speed bumps, and I don't have a lot of jumping over bumps when going around corners, so it helps me keep a good line. The one thing I need now, is a rear sway and I'll be happy for a while; oh right, that and for my tires for finally be clean of all that preservative grease! :lol:

The exhaust is coming...eventually. It supposedly shipped out Monday last week from TruBendz, so I hope it will be arriving soon. 2.25" cat-back with a Magnaflow muffler and 3.5" tip.

As for the headlights, as soon as some black-housing covered projection headlights are available, expect me to be one of the first to model them. :D For now, I might just put some vinyl on the top points since they have no function except for being very chrome which goes against what I'm trying to do.
Looking good....2005 represent!!

WHAAAT???
Hahaha, do people actually know your car is lowered? Or do they tell you that you should lower it? :lol:
05-BLACK-ZX5,Jun 4 2005 Wrote:Hahaha, do people actually know your car is lowered?  Or do they tell you that you should lower it?  :lol:
[right][snapback]112622[/snapback][/right]

Were you asking me...?
microbunny,Jun 4 2005, 01:23 PM Wrote:
05-BLACK-ZX5,Jun 4 2005 Wrote:Hahaha, do people actually know your car is lowered?  Or do they tell you that you should lower it?  :lol:

Were you asking me...?
[right][snapback]112624[/snapback][/right]

Actually, yes, since I posted right after you and you have a 2005 as well. :P
05-BLACK-ZX5,Jun 4 2005 Wrote:
microbunny,Jun 4 2005, 01:23 PM Wrote:

Were you asking me...?
[right][snapback]112624[/snapback][/right]

Actually, yes, since I posted right after you and you have a 2005 as well. :P
[right][snapback]112626[/snapback][/right]

shut up I'm tired/// :lol:

Umm actually most people relized right away it is lowered from stock...I have like 1 finger worth of gap on stock 16"s..

I had it parked beside a stock zx5 at the dealership the other day and its very obvious the difference..particularly in the back...
Nice rims and rubberbands...er, tires...

but wtf is all that grey s**t on the side of the car? Please don't tell me it's vinyl. I might cry
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
Raine,Jun 5 2005, 12:58 AM Wrote:Nice rims and rubberbands...er, tires...

but wtf is all that grey s**t on the side of the car? Please don't tell me it's vinyl. I might cry
[right][snapback]112656[/snapback][/right]

Well it's not niteshade
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
I'm with Al on the vinyl, but I love the rims and the car looks so sweet!
meford4u,Jun 4 2005, 11:30 PM Wrote:
Raine,Jun 5 2005, 12:58 AM Wrote:Nice rims and rubberbands...er, tires...

[right][snapback]112656[/snapback][/right]

Well it's not niteshade
[right][snapback]112680[/snapback][/right]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Haha, looks good.. im not liking the vinyl but to each their own.. when i first opened this i thought that was my car..

Here is your cars twin :P

[Image: cougar01-washedlowered.JPG]
FEMALES: CAN'T LIVE WITH THEM, CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT THEM
05-BLACK-ZX5,Jun 4 2005 Wrote:Finally received the wheels after a couple months of back order.  So I managed to get everything installed a couple weeks ago.  Changes have happened since though.  I now have a 2005 Focus ST front grille in black, so no more chrome eye-sore, and the rear badges are shaved with the 'Focus' emblem being modified in favor of it stating 'Fucus' instead.  :D

Nice but damn that thing must ride harsh... 18"s & a drop? I'd be picking up my fillings constantly on the roads around here :bowdown:

NefCanuck
Haha, yeah, I'm thinking about removing the graphics. I had it done shortly after I got the car.

As for the ride, it's actually not so bad considering it's lowered. It doesn't ride like my shocks are posts, and so are my springs; as some lowere vehicles do.

I'm sure I'll do other esthetic mods once they have more parts available, and my debt is just a *little* less. :lol:
Those wheels look great on your car, keep up the good work!

P.S. Loose the graphics :ph34r:
sweet rims, whatta you think of the khumo mx's, i was thinking of getting them for my 19's
05-BLACK-ZX5,Jun 4 2005 Wrote:Finally received the wheels after a couple months of back order.  So I managed to get everything installed a couple weeks ago.  Changes have happened since though.  I now have a 2005 Focus ST front grille in black, so no more chrome eye-sore, and the rear badges are shaved with the 'Focus' emblem being modified in favor of it stating 'Fucus' instead.  :D

Here's a few pictures.  I think the lens on my camera is getting dirty, so forgive the blurriness of some photos.  These were taken the day after I had it done, so I sure hope it's settled a bit since these photos were taken, otherwise I hear this one a lot: "Those wheels look awesome, now you should lower it!"  *sigh*

[Image: LoweredFocus006.jpg]

[Image: LoweredFocus009.jpg]

[Image: LoweredFocus013.jpg]

[Image: LoweredFocus011.jpg]

Here's the 18" Kazera KZ-A wheels I was waiting for oh so long to receive.  They ride on a set of 215/35 Kuhmo Ecsta MX tires.
[Image: LoweredFocus007.jpg]
[right][snapback]112579[/snapback][/right]
DAMN you ppl and dropping your 05's before me!!!!!!

Oh well i will be dumped soon, and i mean SPORTLINES

At this point i don't care about harshness and ride quality i just want lawnmower low

....no deere comments......... kevin
2005 ZX4 SOLD! ST; 1992 Mustang 5.0L S/C

[Image: lakemitchellsml.jpg][Image: burnout1sml.jpg]
Crazirich,Jul 14 2005, 04:16 PM Wrote:DAMN you ppl and dropping your 05's before me!!!!!!

Oh well i will be dumped soon, and i mean SPORTLINES

At this point i don't care about harshness and ride quality i just want lawnmower low

....no deere comments......... kevin
[right][snapback]122317[/snapback][/right]
aw man, none, i can get some deere decals to put on it so it can be "lawnmower" low, and look like a lawnmower too :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
2001 SE Sedan
gas mileage King of FocusCanada!

760.8km on 45L