Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finally Piece And Quiet Again... For How Long?
Finally, after yet another clutch replacement; which makes it my third clutch now (TSB), and a replacement for the heat shield under the rear cat, the car is very quiet now. It's been such a long time since I've been able to sit in the car and not be bothered by a rattling under the cat and a rattling from the clutch. Even the new parts from Ford didn't solve the clutch problem the last time I was in, so I wonder how long this will last before more rattling.

It's like a love-hate thing... I love booting around in this thing, but it drives me nuts with all of its issues and problems: Wheel bearing, clutch, dead rad-fan, clutch again, heat shield, rear door latch.. etc.. Good thing SVT covers the car rentals because I don't have extended warranty and that would have run me up some serious dough.

Well, now that everything is quiet again, maybe I can show up at some of the Focus meets and stuff (Would've been pretty embarassing driving into a meet, pull into the parking lot and sound like I'm driving an old beat-up jalopy.)

[Image: svtfocusavatar1.jpg]

99 Mustang V6 Coupe Perf.Red w/MachAudio+TC
00 Mustang GT Coupe Perf.Red /MachAudio+Leather+TC
* 03 SVT 5dr Infra-Red Focus w/ Audio+Sunroof+WinterPkg
06 Mustang GT 'Vert w/ Shaker1K+IUP+ICA (~04/06)

* = (Current Ride)
Just out of Cruisosity how many kilometers on the car? The only problem (knocking on wood) Ive had was the heat sheild. I agree this is a great car to drive.

David
[Image: sigfocuscanada.jpg]
my wheel bearing has been moaning for awhile now, is it a tsb? my car has 69k on it and it don't think it will be covered. which bearing failed on your car?
'02 CD Silver SVT
All the options
#3731 out of 4788

'85 Mustang GT
Do you guys have the stock conti's on the car. i'm having trouble distinguishing between the stock continental tires being noisy and a wheelbearing.
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold

...I dont have the lower cat shield and still have a damn rattle...... :angry: :angry: is it the upper shield or what???????????????
00 DAKOTA R/T.......I just didnt like the torque of the Focus thats all...!!!
i dont hear my rattle no more, my exhaust is louder than stock so i dont hear it.
My other ride is your Mom
paolo,Jun 3 2005, 12:01 AM Wrote:i dont hear my rattle no more, my exhaust is louder than stock so i dont hear it.
[right][snapback]112304[/snapback][/right]

:P

Seriously though, My right bearing went, and the heat shields are also common problems on all Focii. The clutch problem only affects SVTs (I have about 40k on my car right now).. The original designed clutch cannot handle the extra power, so it deteriorates over time. It isn't a matter of if.. It's a matter of when... I had to bring it in for the TSB the first time after my horrific experience trying to get the car up a steep ramp coming out of the Famous Players parking lot on Richmond St. YiKeS! I went back like 6 feet before I could engage the thing, barely.. but I floored the gas and slipped it all the way up. It didn't help at 3:00am when it is bumper to bumper trying to get out of there! It stunk real bad all night after that episode..

After getting the new revised parts last year (I think they are a combination of parts from the 04s and the newer 2.3s, but I am not sure.) I could hold it on any steep ramp and it engaged immediately without any slippage. I got my YRF0 done at the same time because I was getting the battery light flashing problem (That is a whole new thread in itself though.). Everything was great for a few months, then the rattling from the clutch came back.

The forks were bent out of shape this time; and they replaced all of the parts yet again. Ford's warranty reimbursement to the dealership is $1500cdn each time, I can't imagine how much it would cost retail. I hope this is the last time though. This is getting frustrating.. My co-worker ribs on me everytime I come to work in a rental... "What did I tell you about Ford again??!!.." :angry: :angry: :angry:
[Image: svtfocusavatar1.jpg]

99 Mustang V6 Coupe Perf.Red w/MachAudio+TC
00 Mustang GT Coupe Perf.Red /MachAudio+Leather+TC
* 03 SVT 5dr Infra-Red Focus w/ Audio+Sunroof+WinterPkg
06 Mustang GT 'Vert w/ Shaker1K+IUP+ICA (~04/06)

* = (Current Ride)
my conti's don't make any abnormal noise.

as for the clutch, its actually the crappy design of the dual mass flywheel that causes premature clutch wear. the clutch is not covered past 60k, but the flywheel is.

where in richmond hill are you, i'm at 16th & bayview?
'02 CD Silver SVT
All the options
#3731 out of 4788

'85 Mustang GT
The focus is just a noisey car.

I'm on my 3rd transmission. I was told the "gear rollover noise was not a major issue" I have it in writing. I just kept taking it in.

As for the bearings..... I can't even count how many of those I've had changed. Dozens.
I'm on my second clutch as of this week. Springs snapped out of mine which in turn destroyed my crank position sensor which killed my engine.

2010 Hyundai Genesis 2.0T GT
2008 Jetta Sedan
2007 Colorado
2006 Jetta Wagon TDI (Totalled) (Monkey in the middle on 400)
2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart (Totalled)
2000 ZX3 (Darknights 2nd place Focus)
My SVTF hit 5000km today.... I can't wait to start running into stuff like this. :rolleyes: :angry: :(
i just fixed my cat shield this week, for a while it was bugging me, it was rubbing on the exhaust, every bump or time i shut the door. Funny thing is that there is a speed nut type thing that goes on the right side of the car that was never there from factory!! :o
2005 ZX4 SOLD! ST; 1992 Mustang 5.0L S/C

[Image: lakemitchellsml.jpg][Image: burnout1sml.jpg]