Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem Is Finally Found!
OHH YEAH..

I solved this before all yall!!

My first post in this thread..

WHAT DID I SAY TO DO???

Didnt believe crazy ol' bizzle....well (Blaaaaah) I rule...

..okay...time for my meds...
focusonthis_88,Jun 1 2005, 04:58 PM Wrote:On the battery my ground terminal was loose...so everytime my engine would be on it would shake the wire and not ground!!!  SO STUPID!
[right][snapback]111979[/snapback][/right]

Your a fuktard
Congratulations!
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
meford4u,Jun 1 2005, 08:54 PM Wrote:Your a fuktard
Congratulations!
[right][snapback]112088[/snapback][/right]

Can you post a complete list of all of us....there are so many now that I'm losing track!@
microbunny,Jun 1 2005, 08:51 PM Wrote:OHH YEAH..

I solved this before all yall!!

My first post in this thread..

WHAT DID I SAY TO DO???

Didnt believe crazy ol' bizzle....well (Blaaaaah) I rule...

..okay...time for my meds...
[right][snapback]112086[/snapback][/right]

Wasnt the groud. :huh: Hes brining it in to the shop tomorrow to take a look at it. We looked at it last night and we can't figure it out.

[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
I figured it wasnt the ground. because if his ground terminal was rattling lose he'd have alot more problems than his amp going into protection
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
NOW IT'S REALLY GETTING ANNOYING! :angry:
Turbo arrived!
Disconnect the speaker leads and see if it still goes into protection. Let me know

David
[Image: sigfocuscanada.jpg]
I'm voting the alternator is FUBAR'd myself. Let us know man. That or a bad relay in the main panel under the hood.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
NoiSeeVT,Jun 2 2005, 11:46 AM Wrote:Disconnect the speaker leads and see if it still goes into protection.  Let me know

David
[right][snapback]112199[/snapback][/right]

What would that do?
Turbo arrived!
it would test to see if the amplifer was going into protection due to resistance
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
scoobasteve,Jun 2 2005, 05:58 PM Wrote:it would test to see if the amplifer was going into protection due to resistance
[right][snapback]112276[/snapback][/right]

Even my sub amp turn off and on not just my speaker amp.
Turbo arrived!
As well to see if there is a speaker grounding out causing the protection. Right now it is difficult to diagnose. Does it happen if only one amp is hooked up? Are they going in to prtect mode or are they actually losing power therefore shutting off. I have dealt with many cars with a similar problem. but the key is to eliminate all the possibilities, one at a time. Do you have the manuals for the amps? If so what type of protection status do they actually offer? Is your remote wire direct from the deck or have you sourced it from elsewhere. I had a guy who hooked up his remote to his brake lights and the amps only worked when he was using the brake or tail lights were on :lol: .

Let me know, and then if that doesnt work then there are still many possibilities, gotta love 12V.

David
Just thought of something else check your fuses if you have them (instead of circuit breaker, a bad fuse for the main line in the stereo could be screwing up the voltage causing the protect. I keep thinking of things, I hope you do not mind all the replies.

David
I still think that there's a problem with one of the ground someone...I didn't even check the ground yet!!! Im so annoyed by it, I just want someone to fix it!!
Turbo arrived!
focusonthis_88,Jun 2 2005, 07:16 PM Wrote:I still think that there's a problem with one of the ground someone...I didn't even check the ground yet!!!  Im so annoyed by it, I just want someone to fix it!!
[right][snapback]112288[/snapback][/right]

I wonder if there is a chance that one of your power cables got the jacket cut on it and wire keeps touching metal///

Have you determined if your amps do completely shut off...and is it both or one??
Things to verify and check.

Power Wire for amps - verify all connections, either to distribution blocks, fuse terminals etc. If you have a distribution block make sure the fuses are sercurly in. Same goes for any inline fuses.

next check your grounds on the car when it is off, and when it is on. Start with under the hood, get yourself a multimeter to measure the ohms. Connect the black to the - on the battery, and then check the engine block and chasis with the red lead. And any other grounds under the hood. If you register 0 ohm your good since it is shorting.

Then turn the car on, and do the same test you want to make sure that your grounds are good. You may be getting leakage off of the alternator or other component on the car. If this is occuring when the car is on you may be sending voltage into your ground and therefore the amps have no ground terminal. Which will also effect other items on your car not neccesarily at the present moment but in the near future.

As well you have to check your ground connection for the amp.

It can be a long and tedious journey trying to find an electrical problem, just take your time and be patient.

[Another thing to do is measure the voltage at the remote connection on the amp while the amps are on. If it is not switching you know your remote wire is o.k.

Then switch to your power input to your amps but do not use the ground for the amps as your reference. Use another ground that is available since it might be the ground for the amp that is causing the problem. If your voltage is steady then you know you can move on from there. ]

Everything between the [] of this needs to be checked while the amps are doing there on and off dance.

Not sure if this was asked, but what volume levels does this occur at? is it consistent all the way from 1-x or is it only above certain levels.

Steve asked and not sure if it was answer, what is the resistance of the speakers that are connected and what are the ratings for the amps resistance wise.

What is this breaker that you mention? what is the rating on it?

Things not to worry about
Quote:
I didn't put my capacitor on yet so maybe there to much power going to the amps.

If you have too much current you will blow the fuses on the amps, and they only draw what they need all dependent on the output at the particular moment in time. This is related to what the gain of the amp is set at, the input sensitivity, and the preout voltage of your deck.
2010 Hyundai Genesis 2.0T GT
2008 Jetta Sedan
2007 Colorado
2006 Jetta Wagon TDI (Totalled) (Monkey in the middle on 400)
2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart (Totalled)
2000 ZX3 (Darknights 2nd place Focus)
The problem was the ground of my amps. The ground was grounding..but not enought to ground the 2 amps. So I just moved the ground and it works now.

:angry: <_< :lol:
Turbo arrived!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

OWNED!!
microbunny,Jun 6 2005, 08:56 PM Wrote::lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

OWNED!!
[right][snapback]112999[/snapback][/right]

Relax it's almost always a ground problem!
MAlby7,Jun 7 2005, 11:05 PM Wrote:
microbunny,Jun 6 2005, 08:56 PM Wrote::lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

OWNED!!
[right][snapback]112999[/snapback][/right]

Relax it's almost always a ground problem!
[right][snapback]113269[/snapback][/right]

Sorry 'AudioWizard 5000'.....