Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem Is Finally Found!
Hey dood..before you go and make any purchases of a new battery, change cables...etc..

Tell me what you are running? RMS Wattage of your amps, If you are under 1000W RMS (minimum) 4G power wire is sufficient, over that and I'd switch to 2G.

I'd tend to say that the problem you are having isnt being caused by your battery. Sounds most likely like the amps are overheating and/or they are not shutting off when you shut the car off.

I doubt you are running too much power and too little power wouldnt cause amps to shut off...it just wouldnt push your speakers...

..anyhow..lemmie know what amp wattage etc... you are running and I'll give you a hand troubleshooting.

p.s.

have you been blowing fuses?

do your amp/amps feel hot to the touch after short periods..more so than with normal use and the warm weather!?

microbunny,May 30 2005, 06:31 PM Wrote:Hey dood..before you go and make any purchases of a new battery, change cables...etc..

Tell me what you are running? RMS Wattage of your amps, If you are under 1000W RMS (minimum) 4G power wire is sufficient, over that and I'd switch to 2G.

I'd tend to say that the problem you are having isnt being caused by your battery. Sounds most likely like the amps are overheating and/or they are not shutting off when you shut the car off.

I doubt you are running too much power and too little power wouldnt cause amps to shut off...it just wouldnt push your speakers...

..anyhow..lemmie know what amp wattage etc... you are running and I'll give you a hand troubleshooting.

p.s. 

have you been blowing fuses?

do your amp/amps feel hot to the touch after short periods..more so than with normal use and the warm weather!?
[right][snapback]111556[/snapback][/right]

Both my amps are under 1000RMS. My fuses on my amps are all ok...I have a breaker in the car and the breaker does not reset. That amps get hot..but not to the point I can't touch them.
Turbo arrived!
Go with Interstate. B)
Do your lights dim..more than normal..?

Maybe a new battery would make a difference but, I'd test your battery first///you can swing by my work and I can test it for you to determine if it is keeping sufficient charge..
microbunny,May 30 2005, 08:20 PM Wrote:Do your lights dim..more than normal..?

Maybe a new battery would make a difference but, I'd test your battery first///you can swing by my work and I can test it for you to determine if it is keeping sufficient charge..
[right][snapback]111593[/snapback][/right]

Where do you work?? I live in Ottawa.
Turbo arrived!
focusonthis_88,May 30 2005, 09:53 PM Wrote:
microbunny,May 30 2005, 08:20 PM Wrote:Do your lights dim..more than normal..?

[right][snapback]111593[/snapback][/right]

Where do you work?? I live in Ottawa.
[right][snapback]111612[/snapback][/right]

DOH!!

I'm in Burlington...kinda far for you...
The only time amps overheat is when they're not properly ventilated, are being pushed way too hard, or are just cheap.

For example.. I have a little 340w amp... when I was trying to push 2x 10's which were 375w a piece with it, the amp would go into protection if the volume was too high... the requested draw thus exceeded the available supply, yadda yadda yadda... your amps could be doing the same thing, but more than likely it's your battery...
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
Raine,May 31 2005, 01:36 AM Wrote:The only time amps overheat is when they're not properly ventilated, are being pushed way too hard, or are just cheap.

For example.. I have a little 340w amp... when I was trying to push 2x 10's which were 375w a piece with it, the amp would go into protection if the volume was too high... the requested draw thus exceeded the available supply, yadda yadda yadda... your amps could be doing the same thing, but more than likely it's your battery...
[right][snapback]111671[/snapback][/right]

Both my amps are Orion models from this year. Im going to go back where I bought them and see what they can do.
Turbo arrived!
focusonthis_88,May 31 2005, 08:37 AM Wrote:
Raine,May 31 2005, 01:36 AM Wrote:The only time amps overheat is when they're not properly ventilated, are being pushed way too hard, or are just cheap.

[right][snapback]111671[/snapback][/right]

Both my amps are Orion models from this year. Im going to go back where I bought them and see what they can do.
[right][snapback]111692[/snapback][/right]

Yeh man, if they are new....WARRANTY CLAIM!!

dont even worry about whats wrong just tell them to fix it NOW!!

I fried my old clarion amp last year and they were tryin to send it out and do all this b.s.////

bottom line, i got a brand-new amp and a new 2-year warranty
ok, when my car is on acc mode the amps player perfect..I made them play for about 20 minutes at full blast and they work...start the car....boom...they still shut off and on!!!! Is that my f_cking battery!
Turbo arrived!
That is odd, if you played for 20 Minutes with out any issues with the motor off and the amps were fine, it really unlikely to be the battery. When the car is on you then have the issue. Now what happens when you turn the car on. A few quick questions.

1> Remote wire source? Is it from the deck or somewhere else?

2> Have you pulled out the RCA cable to check for damage?

3> Have you checked the voltage regulator on the alternator, you could be getting a high surge from the alternator causing amp protection.

4> Does this happen as the car is in idle or when you touch the break or gas pedal.

I know some of these questions may be repetitive but I have some thoughts for a solution, I really do not think a drycell will make a difference in term of solving the problem (not that having one is a bad idea!)

David
[Image: sigfocuscanada.jpg]
You've technically got more voltage with the car running, provided your alternator is charging the battery properly, than with the car off in Accessory mode.

If you're getting these problems with the ignition in the ON position, take it a step further: run the stereo in the ON position without starting the car first.

If the problem doesn't come back, perhaps your alternator is fubar and sending voltage spikes to the charging system.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
NOS2Go4Me,Jun 1 2005, 08:21 AM Wrote:If you're getting these problems with the ignition in the ON position, take it a step further: run the stereo in the ON position without starting the car first.
[right][snapback]111868[/snapback][/right]

When I put it ON then when I turn the car ON the amps turn off and back ON. When the car is running I got the problems!!! It's getting very annoying.
Turbo arrived!
focusonthis_88,Jun 1 2005, 08:46 AM Wrote:
NOS2Go4Me,Jun 1 2005, 08:21 AM Wrote:If you're getting these problems with the ignition in the ON position, take it a step further: run the stereo in the ON position without starting the car first.
[right][snapback]111868[/snapback][/right]

When I put it ON then when I turn the car ON the amps turn off and back ON. When the car is running I got the problems!!! It's getting very annoying.
[right][snapback]111875[/snapback][/right]

Well everything in the car turns off and then back on when you go from the ON position (with the car off) to the Start position and then back to ON with the engine running. All my stuff does the same thing, stock or aftermarket.

Now, if it keeps turning itself off and on as though you were starting the car repeatedly, you might have an ECU issue where a relay isn't operating as it should be.

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
get a new battery.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
On the battery my ground terminal was loose...so everytime my engine would be on it would shake the wire and not ground!!! SO STUPID!
Turbo arrived!
LOL you've gotta be laughing at something like that!!!! :lol: :lol:

I SO assumed you had checked all that in the first place! :D

NOS2Go4Me,Jun 1 2005, 01:22 PM Wrote:LOL you've gotta be laughing at something like that!!!! :lol: :lol:

I SO assumed you had checked all that in the first place! :D
[right][snapback]111983[/snapback][/right]

Me to. I knew it had something to do with his battery when he said it worked fine before it dried out on him.

He told me over MSN. I LOL'd a lot.....but Adam is right...you gotta laugh at this. I know I would of if I found the mistake. :lol: :lol:
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
It's funny :D ...but it was so annoying!
Turbo arrived!
focusonthis_88,Jun 1 2005, 11:58 AM Wrote:On the battery my ground terminal was loose...so everytime my engine would be on it would shake the wire and not ground!!!  SO STUPID!
[right][snapback]111979[/snapback][/right]

Someone find those pics of when that happened to Dan's car :P that was hillarious
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)