Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paint Problems
Hey, hope this is in the right place...
I have a rust spot on my hatch door that I wanted to fix, but i can't find a paint that matches the code.
the sticker inside the drivers door wasn't there when I bought it so I can't get the code from there but I'm pretty sure based on what I've researched it is Zinc Yellow B7.

however I can't find anything like that at canadian tire or on the duplicolor website either. The only thing I found that was the same colour as my car ( i took a paint chip in and compared) was some engine enamel/ high heat stuff, would that be okay to use on the outside? if not where can I get the right colour paint?

thanks.
Go to an automotive paint supply house and they can most likely custom mix you up a spray bomb in your colour. I know that it can be done here in Toronto.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
Napa should be able to mix it up for youin either spray bomb or touch up

and you have like 4 of them in the Winterpeg area
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
right on, the spot is about 2 inches in diameter so i guess a spray?