Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remove Passenger Side Drive Axel W/ Half Shaft
Part of my s/c install requires the following, mainly for clearance. Can anybody clarify or provide a small how to on how to remove this. Honestly the one thing they could have provided more details on they left out in the instructions......

The instructions call for:
Remove passenger side drive axel w/ half shaft & half shaft support bracket.

Has anybody here done this before? Not the s/c install but the above, remove the passenger drive axle?
What is the clearance needed for? A mount or something like that? I'm tackling the same install this weekend.
Its needed to put this fitting here:

[Image: P1010081.JPG]

nice, the proper way to do the oil return! Shhhhhhhh don't tell Nate! ;)

I remember taking those off when I changed the clutch in the Focus, but I'll be damned if I remember HOW I did it..
here are some screencaps from what the ford manual says to do .. they say you need a puller to get the hub to seperate from the half-shaft .. but a hammer might do the trick aswell.
sorry for the big picture size

[Image: photo1.jpg]
[Image: photo2.jpg]
[Image: photo3.jpg]
[Image: photo4.jpg]
[Image: photo5.jpg]
Below Average Car Club
wow that seems like a heck of allot of work.....ugh...

Anybody want to help this saturday :P ummm...I got beer :lol:
Can you please take pictures and how to for doing this?
i can help ya sunday if you want .. but i'm busy saturday unless you wanna start early enough to be done around 12
Below Average Car Club
Someone of the mechanically inclined please help...I can't seen to get past step #1 of my stupid install...

I'm trying to remove the whole steering knuckle and halfshaft and everything at once...focussport said that was the easiest....yeah right...

Anyway i'm lost... :(

[Image: 572202_67_full.jpg]

[Image: 572202_68_full.jpg]
Got it all figured out thanks to my father inlaw and Jay for dropping by. Thanks for jay again who stopped by to help me put the axle back in....

me: "the rest is easy from here..."
jay: *Laughs...

I keep thinking of the quote from the focussport website....
Quote:The key to the design of this supercharger kit is the simplicity in which it can be installed.

Maybe since they did a few of them they knew what to do.....but trust me it ain't easy...messy yes, easy no.....

I'm not knocking the focussport kit here, its still pretty slick....its just not easy to install...
Jays2000ZX3,May 25 2005, 08:47 AM Wrote:nice, the proper way to do the oil return! Shhhhhhhh don't tell Nate! ;)

I remember taking those off when I changed the clutch in the Focus, but I'll be damned if I remember HOW I did it..
[right][snapback]110717[/snapback][/right]

:ph34r: Cawkface

Ford said the pan was leaking, I have to redo it sometime soon... :o
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Passenger Side Head Light. Focus Is Art 5 2,219 05-11-2007, 07:38 AM
Last Post: Flofocus
  Half-shaft Bearing DadsToy 6 2,228 01-25-2007, 09:51 AM
Last Post: D-Dub
  Passenger Side Front Door Lock Jaigon 3 1,816 06-01-2005, 04:59 AM
Last Post: habmann