Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Led Bar Wiring...
edit: problem solved! tried a simple red / black wiring first and only 2 LED's lit up, did what he did (red to positive and black/white/grey/blue/yellow wired together to negative) and BAM they all lit up :D

Hopefully I get them wired up and working by this weekend, and I'll post pics

I pulled my headliner just now to look what I need to do to wire up my headliner LED bars and heres what I found on each bar- 1 tube with wires inside, red, black, blue, yellow, grey, white. I assume red/black is power/ground but anyone know what the others are for??? From what I see, the previous owner disconnected them and on one bar red was the only wire separate and the other 5 were twisted together, I just want a simple on/off deal with a switch so Im wondering if I avoid the other wires or just put them all on ground and do it that way?
Sean- 1998.5 Black/Blue CSVT #5906

Very interesting and cool. One thing I did back when I was in technical college to a friends car, we made light bars flash to the beat of the music. It was pretty neat too and very simple. You can even make some colours go with the Bass (low pass) and the others go with the trebble (high pass) We simply wired them to the + and - terminals on a cheap-o piramid amp he picked up at the fli market. Adjusted one channel for highs, and one for lows, and wired the light bar to the speaker terminals, and adjusted the voltage just enough so that it doesnt surge the light bars, we even put some resisters inlien just in case
My other ride is your Mom
The Kia Soul has mood and tempo lighting in the speaker grills.
I hate to admit it but I do like that little eyesore.
finally finished it, last night i blew 2 fuses (radio, cigarette lighter) from wiring it wrong i just couldnt think anymore lol...so today drunkin monkey came over and we did it properly, will get some pics soon (not dark yet)...once we did it the right way, its sooo easy to do this stuff im going to for sure do more soon

some cell phone pics, its a bit brighter in real life, sorry if the pics are huge, photobucket didnt want to work to resize them for me

[Image: 10-05-09_2246.jpg]
[Image: 10-05-09_2248.jpg]