Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where To Move In Mississauga?
Hello everybody.
I just got a job in Mississauga and I don't know the name of the area but it is at the intersection of Mississauga Road with MacDonald Cartier Fwy. I recently moved to Canada so I don't know anything about the city and I was wondering if you have recommendations on where to move somewhere close to that place OR not to move in a specific area. I'm actually more interested if there are any areas that I should avoid.
Thanks!
2003 ZX-5 SVT CD-Silver 1939 out of 2173
Depends, are you looking to rent or buy? What is your budget?

That'll help me give you some ideas.

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,May 7 2009, 02:12 PM Wrote:Depends, are you looking to rent or buy?  What is your budget?

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]286848[/snapback][/right]

I'm looking to rent and I'm thinking something around 500-600 dollars.
Benzin,May 7 2009, 02:43 PM Wrote:
NefCanuck,May 7 2009, 02:12 PM Wrote:Depends, are you looking to rent or buy?  What is your budget?

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]286848[/snapback][/right]

I'm looking to rent and I'm thinking something around 500-600 dollars.
[right][snapback]286851[/snapback][/right]

That's a pretty low budget for Mississauga unless you're looking at a single room in someone's house ... there's quite a few high rise buildings and townhouses in that area - so maybe someone's looking for a roomate or something.

Check out Mississauga News Online Classifieds here
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
Benzin,May 7 2009, 03:43 PM Wrote:I'm thinking something around 500-600 dollars.
:blink:
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Flofocus,May 7 2009, 04:12 PM Wrote:
Benzin,May 7 2009, 03:43 PM Wrote:I'm thinking something around 500-600 dollars.
[right][snapback]286855[/snapback][/right]
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
that is possible if you find someone to move in together in 1 bedroom..
1 person use living room and 1 person use bedroom..
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
That's a basement apartment at best in Mississauga and I'm not going to recommend a basement apartment because at that price you will only get places that will cause you to have to call me with issues with your landlord.

NefCanuck
Oscar The Grouch,May 7 2009, 03:29 PM Wrote:
Flofocus,May 7 2009, 04:12 PM Wrote:
[right][snapback]286855[/snapback][/right]
[right][snapback]286856[/snapback][/right]

OK everybody I get it :P . I did not realize that would be more expensive than this. What would say it's a good price for me sharing an apartment or a house with other people?
My freind had a room in Missisiauge that he was paying ~$400-$500 all in. But that was with his cousin...so he may have gotten a deal out of it. He now rents a 1 bedroom aprtment at $1300/month + fees.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Min. $800/month if your going to live alone without a roommate.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
meford4u,May 7 2009, 04:33 PM Wrote:Min. $800/month if your going to live alone without a roommate.
[right][snapback]286863[/snapback][/right]

Actually I want a place with one or two roommates that why I initially said 500-600.
Benzin,May 7 2009, 01:38 PM Wrote:Hello everybody.
I just got a job in Mississauga and I don't know the name of the area but it is at the intersection of Mississauga Road with MacDonald Cartier Fwy.[right][snapback]286843[/snapback][/right]

We like to refer to MacDonald Cartier Freeway as Highway 4 O 1 arround here. Most people will look at you like :unsure: if you use that name to refer to it.
My other ride is your Mom
It looks like there are a lot of places that start at 450-500 in that area. Obviously is sharing a house or an apartment but that's fine with me.
Be very careful, sharing with roommates is a way to save $, but I deal with many horror stories about what happens when roommates go bad.

Only thing I can tell you is that if you want to avoid getting shafted, make absolutely sure that each roommate signs a *separate* lease with the landlord.

Otherwise if a roommate takes off, the remaining roommates are stuck paying the departed persons share until a new roommate is found to replace them and then have to try and chase the ex roommate down in Small Claims Court for the $.

NefCanuck
Benzin,May 7 2009, 10:09 PM Wrote:It looks like there are a lot of places that start at 450-500 in that area. Obviously is sharing a house or an apartment but that's fine with me.
[right][snapback]286889[/snapback][/right]
Just get yourself a nice place and throw a party for all the homies in here :P
NefCanuck,May 7 2009, 09:19 PM Wrote:Be very careful, sharing with roommates is a way to save $, but I deal with many horror stories about what happens when roommates go bad.

Only thing I can tell you is that if you want to avoid getting shafted, make absolutely sure that each roommate signs a *separate* lease with the landlord. 

Otherwise if a roommate takes off, the remaining roommates are stuck paying the departed persons share until a new roommate is found to replace them and then have to try and chase the ex roommate down in Small Claims Court for the $.

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]286890[/snapback][/right]

thanks for the advice. what I found is places where I would pretty much share a kitchen and pay directly to the landlord so it won't be my responsibility for the whole place
Gabriel,May 7 2009, 09:21 PM Wrote:
Benzin,May 7 2009, 10:09 PM Wrote:It looks like there are a lot of places that start at 450-500 in that area. Obviously is sharing a house or an apartment but that's fine with me.
[right][snapback]286891[/snapback][/right]

It's not like I got a CEO job :lol: I'm just a poor soul trying to get by :)
Benzin,May 7 2009, 09:27 PM Wrote:
Gabriel,May 7 2009, 09:21 PM Wrote:
[right][snapback]286891[/snapback][/right]

It's not like I got a CEO job :lol: I'm just a poor soul trying to get by :)
[right][snapback]286896[/snapback][/right]
I'm a CEO of the group known as TEAM PITA.

But the only people coming to my house are team members and they bring me beer :lol:
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
Benzin,May 7 2009, 09:24 PM Wrote:
NefCanuck,May 7 2009, 09:19 PM Wrote:Be very careful, sharing with roommates is a way to save $, but I deal with many horror stories about what happens when roommates go bad.

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]286890[/snapback][/right]

thanks for the advice. what I found is places where I would pretty much share a kitchen and pay directly to the landlord so it won't be my responsibility for the whole place
[right][snapback]286893[/snapback][/right]

Oh god, that's even worse because if you share either of a kitchen or a bathroom with the owner, owners immediate family or rent a room and share facilities with the tenant that is already living there, you are not covered by the Residential Tenancies Act.

What does that actually mean?

It means that you have no way to stop the owner / head tenant from demanding that you leave, at any time and with zero notice.

Sure you can sue them later for damages at Small Claims Court (not the Landlord and Tenant Board as they have no jurisdiction to hear cases like that) but you have to leave immediately if they demand it.

NefCanuck