Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Camping June 10-12 (for Attendees Only)
thanks guys:) I'll pick up a few things at the grocery store that my friend works at in Killaloe before heading to the camp site Friday.
Natasha
What's all this news I'm hearing about a strike by provincial park employees? anyone?

Car camping is usually within delivery distance of some local pizza joint too.

Set a time and I'll will try to make it for country burger.
j3rt,May 30 2005, 07:17 PM Wrote:What's all this news I'm hearing about a strike by provincial park employees?  anyone?

Car camping is usually within delivery distance of some local pizza joint too.

Set a time and I'll will try to make it for country burger.
[right][snapback]111572[/snapback][/right]

Maybe we can all make checkpoint meet at Webers burgers on HWY 11 Orillia.

Steve and I will sort out a time this week.
ANTHONYD,May 30 2005, 07:37 PM Wrote:Maybe we can all make checkpoint meet at Webers burgers on HWY 11 Orillia.

Steve and I will sort out a time this week.
[right][snapback]111580[/snapback][/right]

only problem being that people will be leaving their homes/work at different times.

might be easier to meet at the campsite, but if people are up for a caravan, I won't say no.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

You pick a time and I'll leave my home accordingly, I have taken Friday off, and Monday.
j3rt,May 31 2005, 04:04 PM Wrote:You pick a time and I'll leave my home accordingly, I have taken Friday off, and Monday.
[right][snapback]111774[/snapback][/right]

Well considering most of us will be taking the 400 up, this should work out nicely. Can we say Interchange plaza.. where AMC, Dave & Busters and all that stuff is? I'm with Jer on this one, anytime is a good time.

We can make a stop anywhere along the way, but I think for those who've never been up to the park before, it'd be better to go in convoy. Plus, it'd be pretty cool. Anyone have wireless radios? I have my walkie talkies, should work between cars so long as we're within about 700m of each other, but I have only two.
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
Raine,May 31 2005, 05:47 PM Wrote:
j3rt,May 31 2005, 04:04 PM Wrote:You pick a time and I'll leave my home accordingly, I have taken Friday off, and Monday.
[right][snapback]111774[/snapback][/right]

Well considering most of us will be taking the 400 up, this should work out nicely. Can we say Interchange plaza.. where AMC, Dave & Busters and all that stuff is? I'm with Jer on this one, anytime is a good time.

We can make a stop anywhere along the way, but I think for those who've never been up to the park before, it'd be better to go in convoy. Plus, it'd be pretty cool. Anyone have wireless radios? I have my walkie talkies, should work between cars so long as we're within about 700m of each other, but I have only two.
[right][snapback]111781[/snapback][/right]

I have walkies too.

The problem here is... I don;t get off of work until 12:00 pm. I will then have to treck up to the 400 from yonge and bloor. I'll be morer than happy to meet you guys there for a onvoy. I think it would be fun! Anyone have a chance to discuss with 2001ZTS....Apparently he may be going solo.
Also, please not I'll be driving up seperately.

Is there enough room for another car?
ANTHONYD,Jun 1 2005, 09:47 AM Wrote:Also, please not I'll be driving up seperately.

Is there enough room for another car?
[right][snapback]111902[/snapback][/right]

the site only has room for 1 car i think...

If I'm going up alone, I may skip the convoy and get there for noon as I have the whole day off.... that and you guys can laugh as you drive by my broken-down ass on the highway.... maybe I talk with 2001_ZTS and see what he's up for.

maybe we can arrange a couple of convoys? one for those who aren't working, and one for those who are? thoughts?

oh yeah, I have 2-way FRS as well..
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

I was sure these sites had room for 2 cars?

this one car per site may pose a problem for me. :angry: :(
2 cars per site Anthony, no worries about that

I'm going solo as well, so if you wanna hitch a ride with me, I'm fine with that. Steve, are you saying Andrew might not be bringing the wife and boy? That means it's just us guys going... dam I better bring and extra liver in my cooler.

I'm not working that friday either, so I'm good to go early or late. If you and Andrew are headed up early, Steve, I'll come with you. Most times I leave for Algonquin at around 6 am, so whenver is good for me.

Good to see we've all got FRS/GMRS... we'll be able to keep in touch on the road and tell dirty jokes about Dan's mom
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
I would be interested in meeting up with you guys before we get to the park, but I will be coming from Killaloe. Do you guys pass through Berry's Bay on the way? If so we could meet up somewhere there. The time is not an issue for me, as I will be in Killaloe as of Thrusday evening. Oh, if anyone needs a parking spot I am only using one of mine.
Natasha
natasha,Jun 1 2005, 01:04 PM Wrote:I would be interested in meeting up with you guys before we get to the park, but I will be coming from Killaloe. Do you guys pass through Berry's Bay on the way? If so we could meet up somewhere there. The time is not an issue for me, as I will be in Killaloe as of Thrusday evening. Oh, if anyone needs a parking spot I am only using one of mine.
[right][snapback]111994[/snapback][/right]

Barry's Bay is closer to Bancroft/Maynouth.. that's towards the east gate. If we're taking the route discussed earlier, we'll be coming in thru the West Gate, which will pull us through Huntsville...

On a side note, do you spend much time in that area, Natasha? My g/f's uncle has a cottage not far from Barry's Bay... about 20 mins north of Maple Leaf on Lake Papineau... ever heard of it? We took the ATV's up to Barry's Bay last year... super nice.
2000 Black ZX3
Sorry, my geography/sence of direction is really bad. I have been to Barry's Bay once. My best friend moved up to Killaloe mid-April, that's why I know where it is. It is very nice up there, quite and peaceful. One day I would love to live in a small town again, without any buses passing by and ratteling my house at all hours.
Natasha
natasha,Jun 1 2005, 05:42 PM Wrote:Sorry, my geography/sence of direction is really bad. I have been to Barry's Bay once. My best friend moved up to Killaloe mid-April, that's why I know where it is. It is very nice up there, quite and peaceful. One day I would love to live in a small town again, without any buses passing by and ratteling my house at all hours.
[right][snapback]112066[/snapback][/right]

:) It'll be cool to meet up with someone else with smalltown dreams. I miss my little home of 2000 people.. fuking Toronto...

How many of us have significant others that were originally slated to come but now aren't?

1. Raine
2000 Black ZX3
Looks like I'm going to submit a vacation day for next Friday.

I don't want the whole group waiting around for me untill 1:00. It sounds like you all want to go up in the morning, and I don;t want to miss out on the cruise up there.

I'll keep you all posted.
So what's the word old man? Need a lift or are you riding solo?
2000 Black ZX3
Raine,Jun 6 2005, 11:23 PM Wrote:So what's the word old man? Need a lift or are you riding solo?
[right][snapback]113035[/snapback][/right]

I can't leave until 12:00.

Are you guys still going to be around?
*puts on flame retardant suit*

Any hotels in the area, If i'm not busy maybe i'll drop in for a night
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
scoobasteve,Jun 7 2005, 09:06 PM Wrote:*puts on flame retardant suit*

Any hotels in the area, If i'm not busy maybe i'll drop in for a night
[right][snapback]113203[/snapback][/right]

go stay at Deerhurst. It's alot nicer than a freakin tent.

Oh, it's a little expensive at $175 a night.

It's only money.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Annual Camping Trip - (june 20 - 22nd) darkpuppet 96 39,651 06-25-2008, 03:20 AM
Last Post: ZX3_2NV
  ***camping Trip Convoy***attendees Only. ANTHONYD 25 5,849 06-10-2006, 12:26 AM
Last Post: Drivesthebeast