Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Holy Crap...something New?
So,

I go to my local audioshop today to see if anything new is in or what deals may be going on and my buddy says..Paul, you gotta check this out man...

He proceeds to take me to his Integra and we hop in....

He puts on this blues/jazz chick and I was in absolute shock!!!

I have never, ever heard a car system sound so crisp, clear, and eargasmly wonderful....

Has anyone heard of an Italian company called 'HERTZ'?? He had 6.5" components with 1" tweeters that made me forget I was even in a car....I am not exagerating when I say, they blow everything else I've heard away....Bostons, JL's, Focals, Clarion, MB Quart.....none of these even hold a candle...IMO__

100W RMS tweeters, 91DB/SPL

6.5" 200W RMS 93DB/SPL

And wait till you see the size and lightweightness of these...you will seriously s**t that something so small and not heavy can rip like these./..

Hertz is a division of Audison/ Elettromedia based in Italy...

Anyone heard these speakers? Own them?...I have gauranteed found my replacements for the front end of my car....

Check IT OUT,,,

HERTZ AUDIO
never heard of them, but they look like some sic quality speakers...

they are gonna cost an arm and a leg, and mybe even your first born too i bet
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...
FociPhil,May 14 2005, 04:33 PM Wrote:never heard of them, but they look like some sic quality speakers...

they are gonna cost an arm and a leg, and mybe even your first born too i bet
[right][snapback]108911[/snapback][/right]

Actually...they are cheaper than MB Quart, and some JL's.....and I think these are totally worth the $$$.....and I was almost dead set on keeping my MB's////

$279.99-$799.99...and some other series they don't carry that were a bit more...

The setup I want is around $650.00 installed and tuned...tax in...

6.5" and 1" tweeter and x-overs.....tweeters will be flush-mounted into the pillars and the 6.5" will be in the doors and raised forward by these custom plates my buddy is making for me!

Should be awesome in about a week...
Form what I heard they are actualy made by Focal
I bought a red car, because everyone knows red is the fastest.
skifreak69,May 14 2005, 05:58 PM Wrote:Form what I heard they are actualy made by Focal
[right][snapback]108917[/snapback][/right]

That may be true, I'm still learning about these products but, they sure dont sound like 'Focal branded' products.

Not taking away from other stuff but, damn these sound friggin awesome!
the europeans know how to make great car audio, focal in france, now hertz in italy.
'03 Focus SVT
if you wanna look at something that i can garantee you will be just as good, or better...check this site out paul, i can get you good deals aswell

http://www.hollywooddigitalusa.com
Meh...

everything I've ever seen by Hollywood has been overrated, overpriced, and I can gaurantee these do not sound even close to as crisp and accurate as MB's, JL's, Focals, or Hertz..

thanks but no thanks dood...I think there is a reason why this s**t is sold at Crazy Kelly's and other bargain stores...
hollywood stuff sold at krazy kelly's? must be knock off..cuase my buddy from bradford (anvil audio) has sole canadian rights to all hollywood sales..and he won't let it go without a fight
smith21,May 15 2005, 11:57 AM Wrote:hollywood stuff sold at krazy kelly's? must be knock off..cuase my buddy from bradford (anvil audio) has sole canadian rights to all hollywood sales..and he won't let it go without a fight
[right][snapback]109030[/snapback][/right]

I hate to break this to you but, there are at least 3 retailers in Guelph alone that carry Hollywood stuff. As for knockoff's...why would someone make a knock-off of a product line that originally looks like shitty knock-off's... :iono:

I'd tell your buddy to carry some real audio products that dont list b.s., overrated specs and have tested and tried products. When you can get speakers for less than "$10 a month" and can buy them at alot of low-end stores...I'd be concerned!!

And another thing...what audio company (good or bad) would give 'sole rights' to their products to just one store, in an entire country of 35 million people, exclusively in the city of Bradford, Ontario...???...Come on man...do I need to keep going?
who knows, but i'm just saying what i've been told by him, and personally, i find the hollywood stuff that he carries, and that me and my friends have, awsome...i haven't heard anything half as loud, or half as clear as them...that's my opinion tho, others might have diff ones (such as micro :P)
smith21,May 15 2005, 01:48 PM Wrote:who knows, but i'm just saying what i've been told by him, and personally, i find the hollywood stuff that he carries, and that me and my friends have, awsome...i haven't heard anything half as loud, or half as clear as them...that's my opinion tho, others might have diff ones (such as micro :P)
[right][snapback]109040[/snapback][/right]

Okay fair enough man...thats why car audio is so personal. You don't buy stuff to please others, its gotta sound good for you and your tastes!! Sorry if I sounded rude..
I could put something similar together for under $300 fairly easily, using $3 tweeters from partsexpress.com
Luke.

2002 Malibu Blue ZX5 "Malibloo" RIP 2006 Sad
2003 Liquid Grey ZX3 "Tarmac" Eurofried Rice

Tarmac.
Honkeytonk Monkey,Jun 2 2005, 08:11 PM Wrote:I could put something similar together for under $300 fairly easily, using $3 tweeters from partsexpress.com
[right][snapback]112310[/snapback][/right]

$3 tweeters ehh...

I'll bet those just scream quality.... :rolleyes:
microbunny,Jun 3 2005, 02:09 AM Wrote:
Honkeytonk Monkey,Jun 2 2005, 08:11 PM Wrote:I could put something similar together for under $300 fairly easily, using $3 tweeters from partsexpress.com
[right][snapback]112310[/snapback][/right]

$3 tweeters ehh...

I'll bet those just scream quality.... :rolleyes:
[right][snapback]112339[/snapback][/right]

Actually yes they do, I was being completely serious. That is so phenominally unbelievable to you for what reason?

[Image: picture.JPG]

Those cost me less than $3 a pair. They are a Peerless 1" silk dome tweeter. They are easily on par with Alpine's X-Type components. I'm replacing them with tweeters costing twice as much, lol. The Dayton tweeters I'll be using will play the last octave more efficiently than these, so they'll be able to keep up with the Bohlender Greabener Neo* planar transducers I bought 4 years ago to cover 800Hz-6000Hz and Vifa PLO 7" midbass drivers.

Companies like Vifa, Peerless, etc... devellop the drivers, then other companies like Alpine, Memphis, etc... Use thier motors in conjunction with thier own cones. Very few audio companies devellop thier own speaker designs, most just don't have the ability to be that all-encompassing.

If you are looking for sone high quality speakers and aren't afraid to put together your own components, Take a look at Solen.ca. It's a site for DIY speaker builders and sudio enthusiasts who aren't caught up in a brand name. You'll see some familiar names there, like Seas but most you may not. Partsexpress.com is a similar site but not canadian located so shipping can be a kick in the nuts. Madisound.com is another great site to look through.

Anybody with a good general understanding of a speaker's design, T/S parameters, and ability to understand a response graph can use that information to piece together an amazing component set for very little money that will trounce a set with a logo on the cone. This stuff somes in plain boxes, alot have treated paper cones and are generally pretty ugly and inimpressive to the eye. My thinking is that music is for looking at, it's for listening to :)

I'd urge everyone to try it next time they want to dabble in something new. I've been replacing bits and pieces over the years, and each time I'm getting closer to the kind of clarity and crisp sound I couldn't find in a store bought setup. You have to remember, those component sets were made for everyone, each person's setup is unique as is thier listening preferences. Setting up your own components allows you to tweak each piece. The use af an active crossover, like an audiocontrol 4XS will let you set it up any way you want.
Luke.

2002 Malibu Blue ZX5 "Malibloo" RIP 2006 Sad
2003 Liquid Grey ZX3 "Tarmac" Eurofried Rice

Tarmac.
Honkeytonk Monkey,Jun 3 2005, 12:32 AM Wrote:Actually yes they do, I was being completely serious. That is so phenominally unbelievable to you for what reason?

Whatever jerkass...

Do whatever you want with your $3 tweeters... :rolleyes:

In fact, I can tell you an even better spot for them then in those pillars!!

Sorry, dont visit the boards much. Hertz has designed a really high quality product in the coaxials / components. Canadiancaraudio.com has alot of adivce if your interested. The prices are reasonably similar to compeditors. Since their sets require such large power handle, what amp you listen to them with in the integra? What amp are you going to use? They have some super serious 3 way systems, id love to throw into my truck.

edit: tweeter placement should be as close as possible to the mid range speaker. (6.5) mainly, maybe an 8, but that would be weird. Pillar tweeter placement is ok, but your seperating the sound. as for 3 dollar tweets, whatever works man. some of us are really into our sound, and its tough, cuz if you dont hear other products, you dont notice how much of a difference the sound is from what your used too. so if you enjoy your 3 dollar tweets, dont sit in a car that has a 1,000 comp set. hehe
*** 2000 Street Edition Sedan Album ***
(May Your New Owner Love You As I Did)
I usually stick with the idea of "if you haven't heard about the company it's probably really great stuff"!
Audio is super personal. What I think sounds good, others may turn their nose up at.

ANTHONYD,Jun 5 2005, 06:54 AM Wrote:Audio is super personal. What I think sounds good, others may turn their nose up at.
[right][snapback]112719[/snapback][/right]

Totally true man...also what sounds great in a focus may sound like s**t in a mazda, chevy....etc...or vice-versa