Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stock Speakers-afetrmarket Hu?!?
Ok so on my drive to sask, im pretty sure i blew my front speakers...if i turn it up to the point i can hear it well, there is a crackling noise...

so i ripped off the door panels (back was a PITA)...removed the fronts, and now the rears sound fine, cranked it and was all good...

drove around using just the rears for a couple days, and now theye are making the same noise!!!

Is it possible that my HU is putting out to many watts for the stock speakers to handle?? Ive had them paired with the HU for a couple years now...have they met their life span?

HU is JVC MP3-200W
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...
I doubt it. I ran stock speakers on a deck that puts out 200w x 4 for years, no problem.

If your deck says 50w x 4, it's actually only putting out 25w or so... most of the time the stock speakers are between 25 & 40w RMS...
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
You blew them. Accecpt it thur B) ford speaker's and they blow real easy. I blow stock speakers in about a month to a month and a half.... But im going deff soooo you might just have some static on the line or require a filter. Might be a bad ground some where to.
2000 ZX3
Raine,Jun 13 2005, 04:37 PM Wrote:I doubt it. I ran stock speakers on a deck that puts out 200w x 4 for years, no problem.

If your deck says 50w x 4, it's actually only putting out 25w or so... most of the time the stock speakers are between 25 & 40w RMS...
[right][snapback]113991[/snapback][/right]

yeah ive been running these for years, and maybe they have bit the dust??

the only reason i was asking was becuase i took out the fronts, and the backs played fine, no after playing them a bit, the rears have gone too...

i wanted to upgrade the speakers anyways, ill do that and see what happens
if you upgrade you should have no problem.
'03 Focus SVT
so i replaced the front with soem other stock speakers, and those bang fine...i hook up some new infinity 5x7's to the back and i still hear that crackling noise!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What could it be...am i gonna have to replace all the wiring from the HU to the speaker??

and another thing i came across, the magent of the back of the infinity 5x7 is too big, like when i but it into the door, it hits metal and sticks (obviously manget to metal...how do i fix that...

this is REALLY starting to aggrivate me!!!
FociPhil,Jun 16 2005, 07:33 PM Wrote:and another thing i came across, the magent of the back of the infinity 5x7 is too big, like when i but it into the door, it hits metal and sticks (obviously manget to metal...how do i fix that...

this is REALLY starting to aggrivate me!!!
[right][snapback]114861[/snapback][/right]

2 options.
1 Make a speaker bracket. Basically just a board underneath gives it a higher set from the frame, should give more clearence.
(edit.. I think they are called baffles in the industry)

2 Different speakers that don't require as great a mounting depth.
2005 Liquid Grey ZX3 RIP
http://members.cardomain.com/phantom66
Mods so far : Mazda 3 Wiper Arm, Shorty Antenna, Alpine CDA-9887 HU, 17" Enkei Evo6 Hyper Black Nexen N3000 215/45/17
2010 World Rally Blue Subaru Impreza WRX STi
id be glad if thats the only thing i have to worry about...

i gotta get proper sound out of it first <_<
Just double check all your wires and connections. also possibly your ground on your deck.
2005 Liquid Grey ZX3 RIP
http://members.cardomain.com/phantom66
Mods so far : Mazda 3 Wiper Arm, Shorty Antenna, Alpine CDA-9887 HU, 17" Enkei Evo6 Hyper Black Nexen N3000 215/45/17
2010 World Rally Blue Subaru Impreza WRX STi
I ripped my stockers out the day I got the car.
ANTHONYD,Jun 17 2005, 01:58 PM Wrote:I ripped my stockers out the day I got the car.
[right][snapback]114972[/snapback][/right]

i ripped out my stockers cuz they are sucking, and put new ones in, and same problem, my last resort might be to take it to an audio shop amd see what they can do
If its the same as before then its gonna be one of 3.

Your deck/radio is no good.
Your Deck or speaker ground is bad.
Your alternater is sending feed back... Meaning its f**ked.
2000 ZX3
I ran my stock speakers full-range all the time with my stock deck, and I only ever bothered to put the volume to 15 or 16 max...as that was the max volume before the deck went into distortion. I do the same now with my JVC AR 5000, except the speakers sound even cleaner (more power, cleaner power, cleaner components in the pre-amp and amp stages), however, after playing songs like "Pass the dutch" or "Salt shaker" at high volumes has spent the voice coils in at least 2 of my stockers. I'm gonna replace them with Power Acoustik XP2K or PR series 6x8's...they should match my other Power Acoustik stuff. I only ever put my new deck upto 25...above that it's actually too loud, and it starts getting into distortion at 30 or above.

The infinity speakers you bought are meant for finesse...to sound smooth/clean, and are abviously not the shallow mount variants they have. I'd get something cheap like the JBL GTO or the Power Acoustik's like me...they are affordable, fit good, and are designed to take a beating long-term.
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
well i took out my JVC deck, and put in a stock (shout out to FociS8nt)...and voila, no distortion...so it was the deck...

now the question is whether i can figure out whats wrong with the deck, or if it totally shot...

$500 bucks down the drain...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What Should I Replace The Stock Speakers With? SL8RZZX3 13 3,541 07-28-2005, 04:08 AM
Last Post: NOS2Go4Me
  Stock Focus Speakers ThraxXx 11 4,101 05-11-2005, 10:58 AM
Last Post: Oscar The Grouch