Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
6x9
would i be able to fit the 6x9 speakers in my zx3 to replace the stockers? or would i have to cut to make more room?. when i spoke to someone about this they said that it might work without cutting but he wasnt sure..
Life's good... Hockey's better
I believe you would need to do some trimming to fit 6x9's. I went with 5x7's in the back of my zx3 and they fit no problem.
I bought a red car, because everyone knows red is the fastest.
i think 6x8's will fit too pretty snug, btu im about 95% sure you will have to trim to fit a 6x9...
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...
You'll need to open the stock hole more.
Turbo arrived!
6x9 will fit without modification but, you will need a mounting bracket...even then some 6x9's will stick out to much to clear the door panel...

I'd suggest to go with 5x7/6x8 or get 6.5 components/tweeters....
stock size is 5x7.. 6x8's are what I have and they fit perfectly. 6x9 would require a mounting plate as paul said... but so many speakers are available in 6x9 nowadays anyway, it shouldn't make a difference.

I'd go round speakers tho... they sound better :P
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
which are the best speakers(size and make) to get if i were to replace them all?
Life's good... Hockey's better
hyprlte,May 8 2005, 01:15 AM Wrote:which are the best speakers(size and make) to get if i were to replace them all?
[right][snapback]107105[/snapback][/right]

Get 6.5" Components up front (seperate woofers and tweeters) and get a set of 6"x8" (or 5"x7") for the rears because they have the same mounting holes. Amplify these speakers and you'll have one decent sound system.
I'm addicted to Pioneer Premier stuff, really. It's all personal preference though once you cross a price threshold unless they REALLY suck for the price you've paid. Alpine, Kenwood, Pioneer - three big names for good mid-range stuff.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Look at some Orions...I have a pair in my car hooked up to a Orion 4ch amp. The sound quality is amazing. You'll need a amp to have the quality sound but it's worth the money.
Turbo arrived!
hyprlte,May 8 2005, 01:15 AM Wrote:which are the best speakers(size and make) to get if i were to replace them all?
[right][snapback]107105[/snapback][/right]

Your options are wide open.////shop around and demo the speakers in store....alpine, clarion, pioneer, rockford, and JL all offer excellent gear for various prices.

I'd do what has been recommended and get components up front and decent 5x7's in the rear ...amplify them and you'll be rocking man!!!

I've personally had MB Quart components, alpine co-axil, clarion components...and all were good////shop around and look for the best deal and the sound you personally favor...

I know people on this board are rockin everything from alpine to bostons to clarions to phoenix gold to mb quart....all different prices and different sounding gear...

good luck