Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stock Focus Speakers
So I have a 4 Door Focus LX. I was wondering what the size of the stock speakers are for these cars. The exterior is showing a round dimension however if I know the crazy people at Ford they probably wedged some 5X7's or 6X8's in the doors. Can someone let me know what these cars hold for stock speakers.

also will 6.5" or 5.25" speakers sit in the stock location without modification or am I building a speaker baffle to get his job done?

Thanks
Join the Sedan Faction - You know you want to.
ThraxXx,May 7 2005, 02:18 PM Wrote:So I have a 4 Door Focus LX.  I was wondering what the size of the stock speakers are for these cars.  The exterior is showing a round dimension however if I know the crazy people at Ford they probably wedged some 5X7's or 6X8's in the doors.  Can someone let me know what these cars hold for stock speakers.

also will 6.5" or 5.25" speakers sit in the stock location without modification or am I building a speaker baffle to get his job done?

Thanks
[right][snapback]107032[/snapback][/right]

Your speaker size are 6X8's. For the 6.5" or 5.25" you will need a speaker adapter. Some speakers come with the adapter and some doesn't.
Turbo arrived!
Is it hard to pull these door panels off. I couldn't see any screws anywhere so I am assuming that the panels are probably cliped on. Can someone confirm this?
Join the Sedan Faction - You know you want to.
ThraxXx,May 9 2005, 07:49 AM Wrote:Is it hard to pull these door panels off.  I couldn't see any screws anywhere so I am assuming that the panels are probably cliped on.  Can someone confirm this?
[right][snapback]107247[/snapback][/right]

Adam,

I've pulled the rear and the Passenger side doors off. It's not that hard to do. Just takes about 10 min to take off. I installed one of my Alpine 5x7's yesterday and I plan to do the rest today. I find the only problem is getting the bastard back on, especially with the top edge near the window.

I think you may have missed the two screws under the door handle bezel.

I might be working on doing the other rear speaker at lunch in the office parking lot and the front speakers will be done tonight at home. I just gotta get some crimping connectors to fit into the stock connectors in the car. You're welcome to come by and see.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
SKREWS!!!!!

DON'T YANK ON ANYTHING.

Do a seach for speaker installs I know there some on here.

There a few screws and bolts hidden.
Wohoo got the other one done.

Took about half an hour for one door, but I was showing off before I put the panel back on. :P

I'm soo pumped. Can't wait to do the fronts. Will provide pics ASAP. :ph34r:

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
Apparently we're doing Timmy Hoes tonight around 11PM. Big one on Lakeshore, not the pocket-sized one.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
NOS2Go4Me,May 9 2005, 01:21 PM Wrote:Apparently we're doing Timmy Hoes tonight around 11PM. Big one on Lakeshore, not the pocket-sized one.
[right][snapback]107340[/snapback][/right]

Holy crap. 11PM... Looks like I'll be sleeping in a bit. If I'm late for work tomorrow, cover for me will ya... :D

Oscar The Grouch,May 9 2005, 12:59 PM Wrote:Wohoo got the other one done.

Took about half an hour for one door, but I was showing off before I put the panel back on.  :P

I'm soo pumped.  Can't wait to do the fronts.  Will provide pics ASAP.  :ph34r:
[right][snapback]107329[/snapback][/right]

Pics of installed speakers???

Arn't they hidden by the door panels??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ANTHONYD,May 9 2005, 03:34 PM Wrote:
Oscar The Grouch,May 9 2005, 12:59 PM Wrote:Wohoo got the other one done.

Took about half an hour for one door, but I was showing off before I put the panel back on.  :P

I'm soo pumped.  Can't wait to do the fronts.  Will provide pics ASAP.  :ph34r:
[right][snapback]107329[/snapback][/right]

Pics of installed speakers???

Arn't they hidden by the door panels??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
[right][snapback]107430[/snapback][/right]

Well, installation pics.

Also, you can actually see these speakers through the trim, since there are HOLES in the trim for the speakers. Only reason that you can't see em is the stocks have a black trim on top. With mine, you see the silver/gray cone and tweeder. :ph34r:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

with mine you see a big silver X :D
ANTHONYD,May 9 2005, 03:34 PM Wrote:Pics of installed speakers???

Arn't they hidden by the door panels??? :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
[right][snapback]107430[/snapback][/right]

[Image: Speaker3.jpg]

[Image: speaker1.jpg]

[Image: speaker2.jpg]

[Image: speaker4.jpg]

The speakers are Alpine 200w SPS-570A's

[Image: sps-570a.gif]

B)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What Should I Replace The Stock Speakers With? SL8RZZX3 13 3,566 07-28-2005, 04:08 AM
Last Post: NOS2Go4Me
  Stock Speakers-afetrmarket Hu?!? FociPhil 13 4,901 06-25-2005, 06:10 AM
Last Post: FociPhil