Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speakers Are All Jacked Up..
So on my drive my speakers starting acting up...

i parked the car for a night at a motel, go up and if i turn it up past a reasonable volume the speakers make this crackling noise...

the day before they were working fine? WTF?

BTW they are stock speakers, aftermarket HU?? any body know whats up??
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...
Bad connection... condensation?
They could just be rattling the interior panels also giving that crackling sound or is it like no sound coming though...?
ANTHONYD,May 4 2005, 07:17 PM Wrote:Bad connection... condensation?
[right][snapback]106380[/snapback][/right]

thats what i thought at first, but i just went out now and its still like that...

my best guess is a bad connection, or the cone is damaged...

Chad, its not the dorr panles, because you can hear it when a high sound comes from it, like a high hat or snare drum in a song, or a singer with a high pitch voice...
Your best bet would be to replace your speakers. Your deck probably put more watts in the speakers than the speakers can handle. If your looking for speaker let me know I got some Alpine Type S for sale...65$ shipped...They where in my car for 1 year.
Turbo arrived!
focusonthis_88,May 4 2005, 08:28 PM Wrote:Your best bet would be to replace your speakers.  Your deck probably put more watts in the speakers than the speakers can handle.  If your looking for speaker let me know I got some Alpine Type S for sale...65$ shipped...They where in my car for 1 year.
[right][snapback]106396[/snapback][/right]

yeah that problem happened with ym cougar before...but that was right when i put the deck in...where as here, ive had the deck in for years, and it just started now.

im gonna take a look at your speakers in FS, ill let ya know
yea, most likely blew it from the sounds of things. Just pick up another set, you don't have to replace all of them, remember that, but it would be a good idea, as once you get them, you'll most likely blow the other two after it :P