Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Removing Adhesive
Wat's the best way to remove adhesivse left by a sticker. A friend of mine took off the bennet dunlop sticker on the hatch right below the focus decal.. and there's some adhesive left. Can't seem to find anything to remove it. Going to my buddy's tonight he's gonna polish out some scuff marks on my hood. Might have him polish where the decal was to see if that removes it.. but can you guys think of anything else?
2005 Liquid Grey ZX3 RIP
http://members.cardomain.com/phantom66
Mods so far : Mazda 3 Wiper Arm, Shorty Antenna, Alpine CDA-9887 HU, 17" Enkei Evo6 Hyper Black Nexen N3000 215/45/17
2010 World Rally Blue Subaru Impreza WRX STi
Phantom,May 2 2005, 06:24 PM Wrote:Wat's the best way to remove adhesivse left by a sticker. A friend of mine took off the bennet dunlop sticker on the hatch right below the focus decal.. and there's some adhesive left. Can't seem to find anything to remove it. Going to my buddy's tonight he's gonna polish out some scuff marks on my hood. Might have him polish where the decal was to see if that removes it.. but can you guys think of anything else?
[right][snapback]105988[/snapback][/right]

Goof off, orange clean... any non-abrasive formula like that would be fine.
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
Raine,May 2 2005, 05:30 PM Wrote:
Phantom,May 2 2005, 06:24 PM Wrote:Wat's the best way to remove adhesivse left by a sticker. A friend of mine took off the bennet dunlop sticker on the hatch right below the focus decal.. and there's some adhesive left. Can't seem to find anything to remove it. Going to my buddy's tonight he's gonna polish out some scuff marks on my hood. Might have him polish where the decal was to see if that removes it.. but can you guys think of anything else?
[right][snapback]105988[/snapback][/right]

Goof off, orange clean... any non-abrasive formula like that would be fine.
[right][snapback]105990[/snapback][/right]

Orange clean is safe for paint?
2005 Liquid Grey ZX3 RIP
Mods so far : Mazda 3 Wiper Arm, Shorty Antenna, Alpine CDA-9887 HU, 17" Enkei Evo6 Hyper Black Nexen N3000 215/45/17
water based goof off - the other stuff will do a # on the finish - just use paint thinner and soap your car down after
focus gone - 2005 mazda 6 sport gt wagon - lovin it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
focusnme,May 2 2005, 07:43 PM Wrote:water based goof off - the other stuff will do a # on the finish - just use paint thinner and soap your car down after
[right][snapback]105995[/snapback][/right]

turtlewax bug & tar remover....it'll remove adhesive...or you can use paint thinner as mentioned but clean it off good when you are done...and it wouldnt hurt to apply some wax to the area after that.... ;)
would clay bar work for him in this case? and i know lighter fluid works, but will it harm the paint :huh: ??
smith21,May 2 2005, 09:02 PM Wrote:would clay bar work for him in this case? and i know lighter fluid works, but will it harm the paint  :huh: ??
[right][snapback]106013[/snapback][/right]

I can't see a claybar being very effective....lighter fluid, varsol, paint thinner, rubbing alcohol..same s**t...they all work...just wash em off...
microbunny,May 2 2005, 08:11 PM Wrote:
smith21,May 2 2005, 09:02 PM Wrote:would clay bar work for him in this case? and i know lighter fluid works, but will it harm the paint  :huh: ??
[right][snapback]106013[/snapback][/right]

I can't see a claybar being very effective....lighter fluid, varsol, paint thinner, rubbing alcohol..same s**t...they all work...just wash em off...
[right][snapback]106014[/snapback][/right]

hey, i felt special adding something new, now you just bursted my bubble, i'm gonna go cry in my corner now *sniff* *sniff*
I had a sticker on my car before, I actually just laid into it witht he pressure washer and it came all off... Not sure how good that is for the paint, but it worked pretty well.

Just put it on a sharp angle and it seemed to peel off the adhesive...course it could do the same with the paint...I take no responsibility for loss of paint..... :rolleyes:
GOO GONE!
Malby is right. went to my buddies and he recommend goo gone. Worked like a beauty. Then just used some ultra fine compound to clean up the residue and loo and behold no more adhesive left. Check it out in Post Your Ride intitled No More. But bad pics kinda dark here and I just got home to take it.
2005 Liquid Grey ZX3 RIP
I did mine with rubbing compound, it did wonders
I've heard of peanut butter working too, Though I'm not sure of the chunky kind.
I bought a red car, because everyone knows red is the fastest.
Goo gone worked wonders when I had to take the door mouldings off, that s**t was like industrial strength adhesive, but it got it off, it needed a bit of elbow grease too, but it worked.
My other ride is your Mom