Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ahhhhhh Freaking Hell!
Found a tiny bit of paint peeling and ever-so-slight surface rust on my trunklid yesterday. I was not amused. It's right in a wear area, so I'll get that "hang" of the trunklid inspected and adjusted if need be.

So, over to the bodyhouse she goes next week for touchups and adjustments.

If I pay half of what the last bill was or even the same for a few touchups... I'm happy. Rust has no place on a car that looks as clean as a Focus.

On that note, I saw a fairly-rusty (surface rust) Focus today. It made me angry :angry:

You guys will think I'm nuts, but I just love the look of my little car :)
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
no worries adam we will think u are crazy no matter what :P
OFFICAL FC BABYSITTER
Rust on an 01 focus.... ??$#$#!#

I hate rust, that is why I wax and wash my cars religiously.....
hardk0re,Apr 30 2005, 06:01 PM Wrote:Rust on an 01 focus.... ??$#$#!#

I hate rust, that is why I wax and wash my cars religiously.....
[right][snapback]105654[/snapback][/right]

I had a warranty rust repair on my 2001's trunk about two years ago, GapBoy had the same on his 2002 about the same time.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
I've been fixing blemishes and upgrading as I find less-than-acceptable items around the car. This one is new, only a few days old for the peel and a little more for the slight oxidization around the edge of the trunk. No "rust" in the ugly sense, more of a discolouration on the metal itself.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.