Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Azenis Sport Rt215 V Rt615
i'm tempted by the RT215 lower price, but supposedly the RT615 resists hydroplaning better without a dry penalty

anyone used both sets before and wants to comment?
my freind has them on his A4....he likes them....but that thing is a tank....a nice tank...but a tank just the same...
CD silver 03zx5,wings west type w, hella projectors,painted SVt upper grill, Grillcraft lower grill,clear corners,clear upper brake light, team dynamic 15 spoke x 17" rims,Kumho 712's 215/40,pacesetter header,magnaflow cat back,FC 65mm tb,RactiveCAI,MSD dis2 ignition,Tayler Vertex wires,SHM udp,Ractive upper strut tower brace,FK hitec suspension with springs/dampers-35/40 drop,Eibach front/rear anti sway bars,Steeda short throw shifter,Momo race air leather knob and e-brake handle,custom fiberglass upper dash with AC el -glow oil pressure/volt gauges,el-glow face gauges
sorry dad.. which set did he have.. the RT215 or RT615.. and did he agree that the new RT615 is better in the rain and as good/better in the dry than the old RT215

i have the new 615s on my car, never tired the old 215s on the focus but have driven a few friends cars with them on the street and at the AutoX.
so far the 615s are smoother and quieter on the street as well as having strong grip and a progessive break away point. i've only put 250kms on these tires in the past week or so so they are still pretty new and i have barely had a chance to really play with them. it was raining the other day and i did have a chance to push them a little in the wet. no standing puddles or anything but the overall wet grip was far better than the Toyo T1S's and the Kumho 712s from what i can tell so far.

i know the 615s are a better track day tires as they were designed and tested to handle heat loads better on heavier cars. the tread pattern is also bi-directional but still asymetrical(SP) so there is still an inside and outside.

so far i'm liking the 615s a lot.

where are you getting them from and at what pirce? i'm selling the 215/40/17s for $195, cheapest online canadian source i have seen is http://www.tiretrends.com for $199.... i'd just like to know what other shops are charging for these as nobody out here is selling them yet!
opp's.....that was the 615's....

he says they are a "good" all arounder....I hold his opinion in value....(read as he drives stupid like me)
CD silver 03zx5,wings west type w, hella projectors,painted SVt upper grill, Grillcraft lower grill,clear corners,clear upper brake light, team dynamic 15 spoke x 17" rims,Kumho 712's 215/40,pacesetter header,magnaflow cat back,FC 65mm tb,RactiveCAI,MSD dis2 ignition,Tayler Vertex wires,SHM udp,Ractive upper strut tower brace,FK hitec suspension with springs/dampers-35/40 drop,Eibach front/rear anti sway bars,Steeda short throw shifter,Momo race air leather knob and e-brake handle,custom fiberglass upper dash with AC el -glow oil pressure/volt gauges,el-glow face gauges
if i was gonna buy i'd get from vulcantire.com,

USD47/tire for RT215 in 195/60/14
USD80/tire for RT615 in 195/60/14

the main question i really want a straight answer to is.. why the hell are the RT615 almost DOUBLE the price of the old tire for that size.. and what am i getting for the money?

the 205/50/15 size, the price jump is not as drastic.. something like 80usd/tire to 96/usd tire

so i'm thinking.. falken realized that the RT215 in 14" was stoopid cheap.. and they decided to reprice the RT615 to boost up their margins.. if that is the case.. i am snapping up some RT215s before the supply dries up completely..

but if the RT615 is actually that much better against standing water.. i think i would pick em up just to have a bit more margin of safety in the wet
ya know Naz...you could just slow down in the rain....

just a thought...
there is a big difference in the 215s and the 615s.
also the 215s were priced EXTREMELY cheap compared to other tires in that segment and were also trying to blowout the stock of the old 215s to make way for the 615s...
dad,May 2 2005, 11:20 PM Wrote:ya know Naz...you could just slow down in the rain....

just a thought...
[right][snapback]105987[/snapback][/right]

trust me i definitely don't drive like a jackass in the rain, and i'm concerned enough about safety to still be on my winter tires right this moment (its raining alot down here, standing water everywhere)