Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Euro Hood Latch
Does anyone know if I can get a euro hood latch that uses a key to pop the hood?
I have the euro grill with the flip ford logo with the key hole.
we can get them although i'm not the biggest fan of this mod. while it does provide some security, over the standard hood pop, i have found it's a bit of a pain in the ass.

i have already inquired about the price but they are currently not available for some reason, out of stock or on back order with my supplier in germany... he will alert me when they become available again.
I've also heard they seize/freeze quite a bit.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
That would be a nice kick in the ass.. car wont start so you go to boost it, but the hood lock is iced up. You'd have a great time messing around with that in -40C :P

It would be a cool gimmick, but could be a hassle.
I can vouch for this product.

I've used a Euro hood lock for half of the winter here in Winterpeg, absolutely no problems what so ever. I had more problems with my stock latch freezing than this one.

Do I recommend it? Very much so.

This way nobody can get into your engine bay no matter what, and can't disconnect your alarm.
01-yellow-ZX3,Apr 22 2005 Wrote:I can vouch for this product.

I've used a Euro hood lock for half of the winter here in Winterpeg, absolutely no problems what so ever.  I had more problems with my stock latch freezing than this one.

Do I recommend it?  Very much so.

This way nobody can get into your engine bay no matter what, and can't disconnect your alarm.
[right][snapback]103718[/snapback][/right]

while that is true, the euro keys are the only ones that fit the lock and while they are not very expensive, should you ever loose your keys, you'll be locked out of the engine bay aswell. a bunch of the lock smiths around here looked at me funny when i brought in a euro lock and set of keys and asked them to code them up for me... maybe it's just the locksmiths i'm using but they had a hell of a time doing it...
living out in Vancouver and getting down to a whopping -5°C on a really cold day here in mid winter, locks icing up is not a problem i have ever had to deal with so i cannot comment on that

i have no problem with bringing them in if you really want one, i just would like you to have all the info from both sides of the coin before you get one.
informed choices are always better than impulse buys, and i'd rather you be happy about a purchase from me because you had all the info rather than just getting a sale and money out of your wallet.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Euro Hood Lock w/Key assy konafocuswrc 5 3,482 04-15-2014, 06:26 AM
Last Post: konafocuswrc