Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ford Dealer Sinks A Mustang In A Pond
:ph34r: :ph34r: ............................ :lol:

Wet mustang

Puppet seriosly can we add this unamused smiley face?

Unamused face #1
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
it is 50% of customer's and another 50% of installer's fault..
dealer shouldn't take responsibility..

-customer
why did he put it into reservation mode, so he can remote start car??
if he didn't do sequence to put it into reservation mode, remote start disables..

-installer
he must have bypassed clutch wire by shorting 2 wires together(this is ghetto way of doing it) and didn't change programming to manual car, so car starts without pushing clutch even customer is using key to starts..
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
konafocuswrc,Mar 27 2010, 10:35 AM Wrote:it is 50% of customer's and another 50% of installer's fault..
dealer shouldn't take responsibility..

-customer
why did he put it into reservation mode, so he can remote start car??
if he didn't do sequence to put it into reservation mode, remote start disables..

-installer
he must have bypassed clutch wire by shorting 2 wires together(this is ghetto way of doing it) and didn't change programming to manual car, so car starts without pushing clutch even customer is using key to starts..
[right][snapback]303996[/snapback][/right]

the dealer, which commented on the original link, claims that the owner of the mustang is the guy who installed the remote starter.

now, personally, I'm in agreeance in WTF DO U PARK IT IN GEAR FOR?!

if you're worried about it rolling away or something, turn the steering wheel toward the curb, a wall, your front lawn, away from the street....

i hate it when people park my car in gear and DON'T pull the handbrake up. Hate it.

from the sounds of what the dealership said, it was mostly the customer's fault because there was no START button for the remote starter.
2003 Focus ZX5 Racecar/Perma broke/Storage
2011 Volkswagen Jetta Daily Driver
Mystake,Mar 27 2010, 12:42 PM Wrote:WTF DO U PARK IT IN GEAR FOR?!
[right][snapback]304007[/snapback][/right]
from my understanding if its in first gear it won't roll, hence why people dont use the e-brake.
Little bit of show, little bit of go.
Spinal,Mar 29 2010, 12:05 AM Wrote:
Mystake,Mar 27 2010, 12:42 PM Wrote:WTF DO U PARK IT IN GEAR FOR?!
[right][snapback]304007[/snapback][/right]
from my understanding if its in first gear it won't roll, hence why people dont use the e-brake.
[right][snapback]304085[/snapback][/right]

I have to use both as my driveway is about a 14% grade. If I park only in first gear, the engine does not have enough friction to keep the car from rolling.

[Image: n833575246_1301563_9346.jpg]
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
I used to park my Focus, as well as my Mustang in 1st gear, or in reverse, depending on how it was parked (facing uphill or downhill), as well as using the parking brake too. We me just being over carefull...
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
When I would take my newphew for drives, I would put not only the Emergency Break engaged, but I would also throw the car into first Gear. I remember once the little boy managed to release the emergency break when the car was parked (but not started). So its a good thing the car was in gear, it actually would have rolled down the driveway if it wasn't.

My other ride is your Mom
Yeah 1st gear and E-brake always here.

One time i land my Focus to my dad. He parked it in the garage, used only 1 gear...no Ebrake (he swears by first gears). Well no this time. Garage has this slight slope to it....Sure enough the car pops out of the gear and slowly rolls into garage door. I was going out that night and when I tried openin garage door.....well yes you guessed it....scratched my bumper and trunk......the look on my face was priceless.
I gave the old man s*** ofcourse.
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
UPDATE!!!!!! via autoblog

COMMENT FROM BRANDON FORD

Frddealer 12:28PM (3/26/2010)
After reading many posts of the last few days that were either incomplete or just entirely inaccurate, I decided that it was finally time to set the record straight. The incident involving the Mustang that drove itself, unoccupied, into a body of water, occurred at our dealership. The simple, unquestionable facts of this unfortunate event are as follows:
• The vehicle was equipped with a remote start system.
• The system was installed in such a way as to circumvent the factory safety
systems that would have prevented it from starting in gear.
• By the vehicle owner's own admission with a County Police Officer present, he stated that he personally installed this aftermarket system and intentionally disabled the factory safety system.
• The vehicle owner used a remote that did not have a "start" button on it.
• The vehicle owner admitted that he never notified our service personnel of the remote start system on his vehicle.
• Despite numerous posts to the contrary, the emergency brake had been set when the vehicle was parked. This was verified by the recovery team.
• The method that was used to park and secure the car is in accordance with manufacturer guidelines.
• The service personnel simply attempted to unlock the vehicle with the remote which led to the remote start event.
• The vehicle owner had conversations with a remote starter installer prior to the installation. He was advised that his chosen method on installation was "unwise."
• Several posters advised the owner against his choice even calling it "irresponsible behavior."

Despite industry professionals advising against his method of installation, the owner of this vehicle apparently chose to ignore this advice. We were extremely fortunate that no one was injured as a result of this as we would be discussing who would be held criminally negligent had there been an injury or death. In light of some of this information, I hope that many of you will start to contemplate the safety of yourselves,
your friends, or even your families. Through reading these blogs, I have come to understand that this is an all too common decision made by people on their vehicles. Perhaps this event, however unfortunate, will shed some light on what we believe to be an extremely dangerous and irresponsible modification being performed on many vehicles. This should serve as a wake-up call to anyone considering performing this modification to their vehicle. Thankfully it was only a car lost and not a life.
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  On Planet Ford Dealer Lot ... This Can't Be A Good ZTWsquared 13 2,806 08-17-2007, 07:03 AM
Last Post: ZTWsquared
  What I've Seen At The Ford Dealer NikiterZTS 6 1,932 11-15-2006, 09:17 PM
Last Post: NikiterZTS
  Ford To Prune Dealer Network Frost__2001 6 4,252 08-20-2006, 10:29 PM
Last Post: Drivesthebeast