Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Its Finally On! But One Problem. (pictures)
ZX3TUNR,Apr 18 2005, 12:20 PM Wrote:Also timmy. They say to remove the passenger side tow hook in the manual. You can skip that step. All you need is to remove the driver side one.

How are you going to strap the car down to the dyno without those?
I was thinking the same thing tis oen of the reasons I didnt get rid of the passenger side one. How ever the driver side you have to remove. There are 2 bolts. The one bolt is used for the intercooler supprt arm then the 2nd bolt is used for nothing. I would have to make some sort of custom tow hook but then again it would only be held with one bolt/stud :S

wondering if it is possible to to get that stock towhook back on? I wasnt thinking about it at the time.
Got some good news today. The dealor I got the kit from got in touch with ProCharger and it sounds like they been having probs with these Diablo Rev chips. So tommorow there sending me out a custom SCT chip. Hope it work this time. I want to try and find a OBD2 reader so I can make sure the Ford dealor I got the car from didnt reflash my PCM or anything.
That's sweet. Hopefully the SCT behaves better than the Diablosport did :D
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
ZX3TUNR,Apr 19 2005, 12:27 PM Wrote:Got some good news today. The dealor I got the kit from got in touch with ProCharger and it sounds like they been having probs with these Diablo Rev chips. So tommorow there sending me out a custom SCT chip. Hope it work this time. I want to try and find a OBD2 reader so I can make sure the Ford dealor I got the car from didnt reflash my PCM or anything.
[right][snapback]102672[/snapback][/right]

I might be going with a custom SCT chip on my recently installed JRSC too. The black box that came with the JRSC is giving me grief with my idle. Either that or I have some kind of leak with with the intake/TB or vacuum leak. With the gas on the SC is sweet. Let off the gas and it gurgles and sputters like a V8 musclecar. The computer is still trying to find the right idle speed. It hovers briefly to 2000 then drops to 1100 then 1000 then 900 where it spits and sputters and sometimes dies if I don't help it along.
vintage 2000 malibu blue ZX3 ***SOLD***
2013 performance blue ST

TEAM P.I.T.A.
What's with all the S/C woes these days? :thumbsdownsmileyanim:
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
NOS2Go4Me,Apr 19 2005, 02:14 PM Wrote:What's with all the S/C woes these days?  :thumbsdownsmileyanim:
[right][snapback]102688[/snapback][/right]

Im not sure, but....SHOULD HAVE GONE TURBO!! :P :lol:
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Installation of FI is just a little more complicated than a plug and play bolt on. <_<

There is always a little bit of fine tuning to get it right.
vintage 2000 malibu blue ZX3 ***SOLD***
2013 performance blue ST

TEAM P.I.T.A.
dBlast,Apr 19 2005, 01:47 PM Wrote:Installation of FI is just a little more complicated than a plug and play bolt on. <_<

There is always a little bit of fine tuning to get it right.
[right][snapback]102699[/snapback][/right]

plug and pray :P

NOS2Go4Me,Apr 19 2005, 11:14 AM Wrote:What's with all the S/C woes these days?  :thumbsdownsmileyanim:
[right][snapback]102688[/snapback][/right]

every one is doing turbo these days. So many ppl here turbo there car this winter. I thought I would change it up a bit. Im still going to attempt getting a FMIC on this kit. I think me and Timmy at Bishopsales are the only 2 in Canada I know of running this kit.

Like everything else I will most likely end up switching the s/c at some point in time to a turbo.

Cant wait till I get this thing going. Im really excited for the SCT chip :D
ZX3TUNR,Apr 19 2005, 04:17 PM Wrote:Like everything else I will most likely end up switching the s/c at some point in time to a turbo.

[right][snapback]102721[/snapback][/right]

Man.... I wish I could waste money like you. :ph34r: :o
If its money you want to constantly spend, a turbo is the way to go..... :P
Hope the SCT chip cures the problem.
SVT ZX3,Apr 19 2005, 07:33 PM Wrote:Hope the SCT chip cures the problem.
[right][snapback]102820[/snapback][/right]

I hope so to. I well wait patiently till they send me a chip that works :D. I got my skateboard to get to work.
ZX3TUNR,Apr 18 2005, 09:20 AM Wrote:Im seeing if Mitch can get me a stock euro lip so I can hide that plumbing a bit better.
[right][snapback]102368[/snapback][/right]

I've got one(black flexible rubber) that I had on my Euro collection bumper that is trimmed to fit the collection bumper but I took it off because I was too lazy to try and make it fit 100% correctly. I don't really feel like packaging it up to ship but if you want to work something out with Mitch I can drop it off to him if he would be willing to ship it to you. $30 and it's yours.
So any update on the supercharger tuning issues? Still running like poop or what?
I could'nt Fix your brakes so I made your horn louder!
TimmyD@Bishopsales,May 4 2005, 12:15 PM Wrote:So any update on the supercharger tuning issues?  Still running like poop or what?
[right][snapback]106378[/snapback][/right]

still waiting for ati to send me my new ecu. the guy who is in charge of the focus tunes quit. so im waiting :(
Well thats kinda funny cause I spoke with Procharger and they no longer offer tuning with their kits??! :o I think you may have something to do with it! LOL Im not worried myself cause I can custom burn a chip here at our shop but still. I guess our cars are tough to tune for supercharging aplications. Also we were running into trouble with Jeffs car as well. It seemed to be down on power, we checked the boost and its producing 5lbs which is what the Vortech kit is supposed to produce but we think that the computer even with the Diablo chip is retarding the timing as soon as the car produces boost?? You can feel the car want to go for a split second but then it dies off. I'll keep you guys posted and let you know the results. We are re flashing Jeffs chip in the next day or two.
I could'nt Fix your brakes so I made your horn louder!
I tell ya Jay for the price of that kit and all the BS you've put up with, I'd send it back and go another route.
S2,May 5 2005, 01:30 PM Wrote:I tell ya Jay for the price of that kit and all the BS you've put up with, I'd send it back and go another route.
[right][snapback]106622[/snapback][/right]

*cough* Turbo *couch*