Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Stereo Idea
So I was looking at some new sub ideas when I crawled across this bad boy from MTX

http://www.mtxaudio.com/caraudio/products/.../jackHammer.cfm

Its insane...won't be happenin...thought you guys would get a real kick outta this earth quake causing heavy weight
Join the Sedan Faction - You know you want to.
wow 6000 W RMS
'03 Focus SVT
Yawn...
Luke.

2002 Malibu Blue ZX5 "Malibloo" RIP 2006 Sad
2003 Liquid Grey ZX3 "Tarmac" Eurofried Rice

Tarmac.
320lbs? Just what every performance car needs!

I know nothing about and could care less about ICE but you have to wonder how a speaker magnet that size impact on other things.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
Thats just friggin stupid.... :huh:
Seriously..I have no clue how you could even consider powering that monster. My friend has an amp that is 3500watts maxpower 1500watts RMS @ 12V and well thats the biggest amp I have ever seen. I am sure MTX probably builds a surfboard amp to power it but DAMN!!! that thing is retardedly big. That sub would be perfect for maybe a wall based install in a mini van...with its 22" diameter...
i think ya need to strap a few amps together... hehe

imagine the sub box? HOLY !!!!
*** 2000 Street Edition Sedan Album ***
(May Your New Owner Love You As I Did)
I never thought I'd ever use the word "stupid" to describe a piece of car audio in an ambiguous way, but I am. It's "stupid"-powerful, but also "stupid" in execution.

I really don't know what to make of it. :blink:
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
ThraxXx,Apr 16 2005, 08:44 PM Wrote:That sub would be perfect for maybe a wall based install in a mini van...with its 22" diameter...
[right][snapback]102121[/snapback][/right]

What van wall do you know that would accept a 23" mounting depth and can accept a 320 lb weight?
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
[Image: tielitemph10k.jpg]

Theres the amp to power that if you have lots of $$$$$$$

TITANIUM ELITE MPH10K
----------------------------------

• 152 TO3PBL output transistors to cope with the massive output stage capability.
• It uses 96 TO247 MosFets in the power supply.
•

4 separate Full Bridge DC-DC converters present. Two for the positive voltage high current supply and two for negative high current supply. Providing fully regulated DC rails for optimum performance under any load.
•

Fifth DC-DC converter supplies required voltages for the low level input circuits and high voltgae low cuurnet supply for the voltage gain stages in the power amp.
• True instrumentation differential input stage using Burr Brown op amps.
• True Class A voltage gain and PreDrive circuitry.
•

Level control implemented throught the use of 12 Bit multiplying DAC's that are controlled by the onboard DSP chip. Resulting in virtually zero gain error between channels.
• On board TI DSP controller. All amplifier operational parameters are monitored for correct operation. Output voltages and currents are measured cycle by cycle. Thermal measurements are implemented by using Analog devices digital temperature sensors accurate to within 1 degree - measured every few seconds. DSP controlled gain function allows accurate channel balance and if desired can implement "soft clipping" function or compression. Gain modualtion can occur at a rate of 40KHz.
•
Forced air cooling is digitally controlled by the DSP controller, fans can be turned on/off at will depending upon operating conditions.
•
Massive Aluminum chassis with hinged top cover coupled to hydraulic lift arms.
•
Digital display allow control of various functions as well as displaying operating data.

1250W x 4 (4 ohm)
2500W x 4 (2 ohm)

David
[Image: sigfocuscanada.jpg]
Ok so two of those bad boys will barely hit the RMS Requirements of this sub...thats if they are running at 2ohm. nah this sub is too extreme for any car audio setup...if someone were to buy this it would be for bragging rights only. Also if someone were to buy this and 2 of these amps then they would be investing in 20 yellow top batteries just to maintain a constant load to run the massive bastard.

NoiSeeVT,Apr 16 2005, 11:32 PM Wrote:[Image: tielitemph10k.jpg]

Theres the amp to power that if you have lots of $$$$$$$

TITANIUM ELITE MPH10K
----------------------------------

• 152 TO3PBL output transistors to cope with the massive output stage capability. 
• It uses 96 TO247 MosFets in the power supply. 
•

4 separate Full Bridge DC-DC converters present. Two for the positive voltage high current supply and two for negative high current supply. Providing fully regulated DC rails for optimum performance under any load. 
•

Fifth DC-DC converter supplies required voltages for the low level input circuits and high voltgae low cuurnet supply for the voltage gain stages in the power amp. 
• True instrumentation differential input stage using Burr Brown op amps. 
• True Class A voltage gain and PreDrive circuitry. 
•

Level control implemented throught the use of 12 Bit multiplying DAC's that are controlled by the onboard DSP chip. Resulting in virtually zero gain error between channels. 
• On board TI DSP controller. All amplifier operational parameters are monitored for correct operation. Output voltages and currents are measured cycle by cycle. Thermal measurements are implemented by using Analog devices digital temperature sensors accurate to within 1 degree - measured every few seconds. DSP controlled gain function allows accurate channel balance and if desired can implement "soft clipping" function or compression. Gain modualtion can occur at a rate of 40KHz.
•
Forced air cooling is digitally controlled by the DSP controller, fans can be turned on/off at will depending upon operating conditions. 
•
Massive Aluminum chassis with hinged top cover coupled to hydraulic lift arms. 
•
Digital display allow control of various functions as well as displaying operating data.

1250W x 4 (4 ohm)
2500W x 4 (2 ohm)

David
[right][snapback]102135[/snapback][/right]
Here than try this one

Power Output: 2600 Watts RMS x 2 channels at 4 ohms
and ≤ 1%THD+N

8110 Watts RMS x 1 channel at 4 ohms,
14.4V supply and ≤ 1%THD+N

7400 Watts RMS x 1 channel at 1 ohm,
14.4V supply and ≤ 1%THD+N

[Image: A6000GTI.jpg]
[Image: sigfocuscanada.jpg]
That Is HorseShit ^^^^^

This thread is just useless,.....the sub is stupid, unuseable, and even for bragging rights..i'd say your still a fukin homo if you put the massive paper wieght in your car....

My word....what a waste ///
That thing is so heavy and retarded that it would probably kill you. It probably uses the interior of your car as an enclosure. The magnetic field that it generates would give you a tumor!
...wee drive fords!...that sub will either kill the suspesion or everything else...remeber fords!
Wall Mount a 350 pound Sub ? . . . "aaah- Hmmmmmmmm" :rofl: :banger:
A little particle board and constrution adhesive and Presto!
:lol: :D A loose jackhammer! :blink:
"Focus On The Road!"
I Love My Liquid Grey 2007 Focus ZX3 SE

Next: tint, front & rear bumpers...
Even if you could power it, it would justy bust loose and blow through the side of your car.
Any sub with that kind of power should be
securely mounted above the floor facing up to the sky!
With the proper tuned housing chamber to boot!
"Focus On The Road!"
I Love My Liquid Grey 2007 Focus ZX3 SE

Next: tint, front & rear bumpers...
Thats HUGGEEE
Life's good... Hockey's better