Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amp Turn-on Wire
I decided today, since it was soo nice outside and my frickin cold is pretty much beat, to install my old Alpine 300w amp and Pioneer 10" sub.

Anywho, so I get working on it, removed the stereo, hooked up the wires, and lo and behold, I notice that the Amp Turn-on wire has no connection in the car's wiring harness.

Amp--->Wire adapter--->wire harness(missing Amp Turn-on connection)

So now i'm up on my computer looking for any posts regarding fixing this problemo, but no luck so far. :iono:

I'm also looking at the stereo wire diagram in my Haynes manual for the Focus and I was thinkin about splicing the Acc wire (Yellow/Green wire), one lead to the stereo and another to the amp.

Arg... anyways, have any of you guys encountered this problem?
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
NM. I'll splice the acc wire.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
Yeah just splice the acc wire. I had to do that on one of my old decks, works fine.
I bought a red car, because everyone knows red is the fastest.
I added the amp turn on wire into the factory wires, im at work now, but when i get home, I can tell you which wire I used, Hint, it was not in the harness, I had to insert it into an empty hole and join it to the existing wires.
My other ride is your Mom
Now that you've got your DEH-1300 in, I guess it's not an issue anymore eh? ;)
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
NOS2Go4Me,Apr 14 2005, 11:43 AM Wrote:Now that you've got your DEH-1300 in, I guess it's not an issue anymore eh? ;)
[right][snapback]101585[/snapback][/right]

Still gotta get the amp installed. I think I'll bring it to Shark to do all the wiring. God I hate ripping up carpet.... Well car carpet that is. ;)

Oscar The Grouch,Apr 14 2005, 01:04 PM Wrote:
NOS2Go4Me,Apr 14 2005, 11:43 AM Wrote:Now that you've got your DEH-1300 in, I guess it's not an issue anymore eh? ;)
[right][snapback]101585[/snapback][/right]

Still gotta get the amp installed. I think I'll bring it to Shark to do all the wiring. God I hate ripping up carpet.... Well car carpet that is. ;)
[right][snapback]101603[/snapback][/right]

Why are you ripping up carpet??? Just run your wires behind the trim...I don't understand why people insist on going the hardest way under carpetting@!? If you ever need a hand, let me know...I hate seeing people spend money at audio-shops for installs...seriously man, hit me up in pm or msn and I'll help you out so you can do it yourself at home....gauranteed....I even got pics and step-by-step diagrams ...
microbunny,Apr 16 2005, 09:22 AM Wrote:Why are you ripping up carpet??? Just run your wires behind the trim...I don't understand why people insist on going the hardest way under carpetting@!? If you ever need a hand, let me know...I hate seeing people spend money at audio-shops for installs...seriously man, hit me up in pm or msn and I'll help you out so you can do it yourself at home....gauranteed....I even got pics and step-by-step diagrams ...
[right][snapback]102011[/snapback][/right]

Crap. I got the system installed yesterday.

Although if ya do have the pictures and diagrams, it might be a nice little sticky for the ICE section to help anyone else.

Thanks nonetheless for the offer Microbunny. :)

Oscar The Grouch,Apr 16 2005, 11:04 AM Wrote:
microbunny,Apr 16 2005, 09:22 AM Wrote:Why are you ripping up carpet??? Just run your wires behind the trim...I don't understand why people insist on going the hardest way under carpetting@!? If you ever need a hand, let me know...I hate seeing people spend money at audio-shops for installs...seriously man, hit me up in pm or msn and I'll help you out so you can do it yourself at home....gauranteed....I even got pics and step-by-step diagrams ...
[right][snapback]102011[/snapback][/right]

Crap. I got the system installed yesterday.

Although if ya do have the pictures and diagrams, it might be a nice little sticky for the ICE section to help anyone else.

Thanks nonetheless for the offer Microbunny. :)
[right][snapback]102020[/snapback][/right]

No worries dood..

glad to hear you got it all done!!