Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dtm Drop Mirror Wiring Diagram?
Hey Mitch,

I was wondering if you could help me out with a wiring diagram for a set of DTM drop mirrors?

I bought them 3rd hand of a member of FF.com and supposedly they are for focus with power heated mirrors, which i don't have i just have power.....

any help would be great thanx
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
i'm sorry but i don't have a wire diagram for any mirrors
however, if you have a decent 12v source(extra car battery), some junk wire and a test light you probably could just play with the factory harness and figure it out.

basicly, find a good ground, take the test light and back probe the wires on the stock harness while using the toggle to move the mirrors. have apiece of paper handy and note which colour wires is up, which is down, which is left and which is right. take the junk wire and locate ground and hook it to the battery and then take another wire from the + side of the battery and touch it to the wires on the new mirrors to find out which is up, down, left and right. cut and temp splice into your stock harness and test to see that it all works. if it does, solder and heat shirnk them in place and boom, you're wired up and ready to go.

if you are worried about blowing the motor on the mirrors, check to see how big of a fuse the stock mirrors take or what the new mirrors suggest and just wire one into the system when you bench test the DTM mirrors.

good luck and let me know how it all works out!