Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Avic-n1
Does anyone have one of these units installed? (Installed themselves)..

Wanted to get some feedback on it:

a) Map Coverage & User Interface
B) Difficulty of Installation
[Image: svtfocusavatar1.jpg]

99 Mustang V6 Coupe Perf.Red w/MachAudio+TC
00 Mustang GT Coupe Perf.Red /MachAudio+Leather+TC
* 03 SVT 5dr Infra-Red Focus w/ Audio+Sunroof+WinterPkg
06 Mustang GT 'Vert w/ Shaker1K+IUP+ICA (~04/06)

* = (Current Ride)
After spending 3 days at KHF getting my remote start and Alrm ect done, I came to see 3 installed and used 1. It is a pretty awesome unit, comapred to the alpine its alot easier to install. Do not hold out, they have been discontinued and there only a few left in Toronto. Its easy to use onced its set up. All touch screen, the screen rectracts pretty quick. If you wait for the AVIC N2 it will not be able to override the DVD player to play when the car is in motion since it is connected both to the parking brake and accelomoter. There are not any real signifigant changes between the N1 and N2. So I would try and get an N1 as soon as you could, i know they are on sale a lot of places.

David
[Image: sigfocuscanada.jpg]
Interesting.. I haven't gotten into a tv head unit since I last installed my 7000CD/AVM-9000 setup... I bypassed the parking brake for that install. They are getting smarter, making you connect the accelerometer to it.. Honestly though, video should not be playing up front when the car is moving, even if it is only for the passenger... I use to keep throwing glances at the screen while driving. If the screen could tilt side-to-side then it would work out. Temptation always wins..

My question is, with the setup. How effective does is maintain tracking when satellite tracking is totally blocked... Will it be able to keep a pretty accurate estimate of your distance travelled and turns made (ex. in a tunnel)? My garmin unit is great for most places.. but driving in New York was another story especially when you have multiple layers of bridges and freeways all stacked on top of each other.

NoiSeeVT,Mar 18 2005, 12:43 AM Wrote:After spending 3 days at KHF getting my remote start and Alrm ect done, I came to see 3 installed and used 1.  It is a pretty awesome unit,  comapred to the alpine its alot easier to install.  Do not hold out, they have been discontinued and there only a few left in Toronto.  Its easy to use onced its set up.  All touch screen, the screen rectracts pretty quick.  If you wait for the AVIC N2 it will not be able to override the DVD player to play when the car is in motion since it is connected both to the parking brake and accelomoter.  There are not any real signifigant changes between the N1 and N2.  So I would try and get an N1 as soon as you could, i know they are on sale a lot of places.

David
[right][snapback]94343[/snapback][/right]

* = (Current Ride)
ive been shown how they work, its quite simple, but like most new toys... it takes a little bit of time.
*** 2000 Street Edition Sedan Album ***
(May Your New Owner Love You As I Did)
Remeber its a DVD based navagation, so as long as your route is loaded, it will keep you on track. I havent heard of any issues with it in reviews and such. In the November 04 Car audio and electronics mag they do a comparison of the N1 thr alpine and the Eclipse.

[Image: Eclipse.gif][Image: AlpineNAV200.gif][Image: PioneerAVICNi.gif]

David
[Image: sigfocuscanada.jpg]

[Image: exec-both.gif]

WORKS JUST AS WELL!
ANTHONYD,Mar 18 2005, 03:23 PM Wrote:[Image: exec-both.gif]

WORKS JUST AS WELL!
[right][snapback]94492[/snapback][/right]

True.. True... Until you have a navigator that doesn't read maps very well.. (ahem.. cough... gir...l... friend.. ahem..). Or you are trying to find someplace downtown with 10 angry drivers following you that are pissed why you are driving so slow. I've gotten into both situations enough to warrant the neccessity of a GPS..

I use my Garmin Quest right now as both a map and a records keeper... My highest recorded speed on it is 227 km/h... B)

* = (Current Ride)
taiyeungjai,Mar 18 2005, 12:07 PM Wrote:
ANTHONYD,Mar 18 2005, 03:23 PM Wrote:[Image: exec-both.gif]

WORKS JUST AS WELL!
[right][snapback]94492[/snapback][/right]

True.. True... Until you have a navigator that doesn't read maps very well.. (ahem.. cough... gir...l... friend.. ahem..). Or you are trying to find someplace downtown with 10 angry drivers following you that are pissed why you are driving so slow. I've gotten into both situations enough to warrant the neccessity of a GPS..

I use my Garmin Quest right now as both a map and a records keeper... My highest recorded speed on it is 227 km/h... B)
[right][snapback]94514[/snapback][/right]

I know aht you mean man.

My GF is directionally retarded to the 3rd power. :lol: