Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should I Commit To Another Focus?
I never thought I'd see this day but, I am actually considering getting a new 2005 focus.....this would be Focus number 3!!!!

I can get a great deal and it makes sense financially!!

It's a new 05' ZX5, automatic, copper-orange paint, black leather inside, moonroof, power everything, 16" wheels, chrome tip...

I dunno...everything else is not realistic for me at this time but, I gotta make a decision soon..

0 Down-3-year lease-$278/month...so over 36 months it's just a hair over $10,000

What do ya'll think....
No

Keep what you got for however long it takes for you to save save save to buy a car outright even if it takes a decade or more.

Just my opinion but I have never made a car payment ever and it feels good. I have to qualify that by saying I never owned a new car til I was in my 30's but had some great cars and great times before that.

2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
Are you getting any discounts? If not, I can help you out and get you about $800 off. Not much but it will lower the payment a little.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
no.
look elsewhere.
With $10,000 you can go and find a nice used car. After your three years you can at least get some return on the money you spent...

Or just keep this focus for another 3 years and you'll have $10,000 in your pocket...
if you've already got a focus how is a newer one any better? i wouldn't do it
I'd prefer to be paying "just a hair over $10,000" to own something in the end. Right now, there are other economy cars I would consider before the Focus.
nah...Mazda3.
Car-less for the first time in years...
'01 Twilight Blue ZTS is gone...
'90 Eagle Talon TSi AWD - 15psi, 3" cat-back w/Turbo muffler, blah blah....is now gone too Sad
I wouldn't because of this fact:

Quote:automatic
go get yourself a colbolt SS
SLIP STREAM SVT,Mar 13 2005, 11:02 PM Wrote:go get yourself a colbolt SS
[right][snapback]93232[/snapback][/right]

Good call. Should be able to pay $10,000 for used one about a month after it leaves the dealer lot as a new car. :lol:
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
2001 ZTS,Mar 13 2005, 11:36 PM Wrote:

Good call. Should be able to pay $10,000 for used one about a month after it leaves the dealer lot as a new car. :lol:
[right][snapback]93235[/snapback][/right]

And the fact they are closer to $400 a month on a lease. Not even in the same price range.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
Do it. You know you want to.

Sounds like it would be a pimp ride, too. We'd have to drive down to check it out :)
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
2001 ZTS,Mar 13 2005, 07:36 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]93235[/snapback][/right]

No doubt the Cobalt has the makings of the next Focus fleet car!
it sure looks good on paper though with the 200hp motor (stock and with warranty).
Never put yourself in debt- short term loans with a good down payment is key.
You shouldn't be paying for a car 5 or 7 years after you bought it brand new.
The focus sounds oooh so sweet but "Reality always bites".
"Focus On The Road!"
I Love My Liquid Grey 2007 Focus ZX3 SE

Next: tint, front & rear bumpers...
yes but get get a used 2003 or 2002 zx3.
Marction,Mar 13 2005, 05:11 PM Wrote:nah...Mazda3.
[right][snapback]93219[/snapback][/right]

;)
2004 Mazda3 Sport GT, 5MT

Engine/Drivetrain: K&N Typhoon | HKS Hi-power catback | Mazdaspeed Sports Clutch | Mazdaspeed Lightweight Flywheel

Wheels/Suspension/Brakes: Work Emotion CR Kai 17x7 | Falken RT-615 225/45R17 | Tein Basic Dampers (coils) | Racing Beat 28.5mm Front Swaybar | Racing Beat 27mm Rear Swaybar | Techna-Fit SS Brakelines | Rotora Rotors

Misc.: AutoExe grille | 6000k HID lowbeams | 6000k HID foglights | Work Emotion CR Kai 17x7" | OEM kit | Alpine Amp, Components, Coaxials | OEM Minidisc HU
I would say no.

If it's possible keep the current Focus and just run it into the ground and take 2001ZTS's advice and start to put money aside for your next car.

Laterz :)
1972 Austin Mini | 1989 Mini30 | 2002 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS
I know the feeling of deciding of getting another lease or not, I had that choice back in Nov. of 03, but I decided against it and bought a used car vers a fully loaded new car since both payment plans were the same.

Personally no one here is ultimately going to make up your mind for you. The best thing I can tell you is think about your needs vers buying or leasing. When you think about it, factor in everything like are how much driving you really do in a year, dose it meet all your current / future needs, who's going to be driving it most, plus any Mod's you plan on doing, how long your planning on keeping the car in the end.

And if your planing on keeping an older car off lease or buying one used, things to think about are future repair bills, reliability, safety, fuel consumption, higher mileage, and when the warrantee will run out, general maintance etc.....

For me Lease can make sense, because I personally drive a lot, anywhere from 15,000 - 65,000 kms in a years time.

But owning a car gives me a good feeling knowing that I do own it, and not some Credit company, or Bank.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.