Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hard Wire A Power Invertor
I Picked up a Power Inverter and am going to be using it frequently. I would like to have it hard wired in rather than constantly plugging it in and using up the cigarette lighter outlet. Does anyone ever hard wired one to your car? if so where is the best place to mount it? in the trunk? under the dash or under the seats? did you run a wire from the existing cig lighter plug or a new wire from the fuse box? thanks in advance.
My other ride is your Mom
I installed one for my PS2. The model I bought had a cigarette lighter and two terminals on the side for hardwiring. I then just ran two 8AWG wires into the engine bat and ran it directly off the battery with an additional in-line fuse.

As for mounting, in my 06 there is a CD holder under the dimmer switch. I just cut a small hole in the back for the wires to run through and if fits nicely. You could mount in anywhere you wish really, but I would recommerd keeping the wires as short as possible.
Blacked-out 06 ZX3 : Eibach Pro's, Tokico Blues, Tri-Ax STS, Steeda SRI, Cosworth 67mm TB, Cosworth Header, Energy Suspension Poly Mounts, PS2, Red & Black Katzkins...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Running Power Wire Crazirich 19 4,173 03-24-2005, 10:26 AM
Last Post: microbunny
  Passing 2ga Power Wire MAlby7 9 2,721 06-15-2004, 10:33 PM
Last Post: scoobasteve