Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Short Header
hey !

i need a short header to fit my FC high-flow cat. i dont want to buy the JBA at 600 bucks. I was thinking about pacesetter on steeda.ca (300$)

''All PaceSetter Headers come with hardware, gaskets and illustrated instructions and are backed by a three-year warranty.'' Pacesetter website.

anyone knows a cheap short header ????

and last question ... will zx3tuning.com open soon ??? i need some stuff B)
ZX3 tuning is back up now.

Pacesetter isn't the most reliable brand. If your patient, someone on here will have a shorty header used for half that price for a JBA. You can also check on focaljet.com as they are a bigger site with a lot of f/s ads.

There, I was nice to the newbie question.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
Steeda seems to have decent shorties, and pace setter has had a really rough run with headers of late, even with the SPI. Check FocalJet.com and FocusFanatics.com for some other ideas as well. Actually, jump over to FocusSport.com and see what they have - I'm assuming you have a Zetec.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
For the prices at Steeda.ca it's cheaper to get it though the states. I also recommend staying away from Pacesetter, they are by far one of the worst exhaust component companies out there for the focus let alone other cars.

I'd check first with Mitch at http://www.zx3tuning.com and see if he has what you want (what part) and then go the other route through someone like http://www.myfordperformance.com or http://www.newedgeperformance.com and more then likely you can work out a deal on shipping, price, etc.
ok thx guys for your answers (and yes i have a zetec)

But i think that zx3tuning.com is still closed, right ? if i want a price for an item, do i have to send an email to zx3tuning ??

and if someone is planing to sell his short header in a couple of weeks, plz PM me. thx ;)
03 ZX5, TrAcK rEaDy Big Grin

[Image: signature.jpg]
Mitch hasent given me the ok to put the site back up. I also have most of the shopping cart done to. Sorta been waiting for mitch to come on MSN and get it finsihed.

Any way msg focis8nt. I think he will have a shorty header for sale really soon.Hes putting on the race header this weekend.
S2,Feb 28 2005, 10:49 AM Wrote:For the prices at Steeda.ca it's cheaper to get it though the states.

Just for reference, their pricing is the US pricing converted by the day's current exchange rate. Moreover, they cover both the brokerage and the import shipping costs. I assume Mitch does the same.

So unless someone is whoring the parts at a lower than retail price, I can't see how you can get parts cheaper thru the states. Please pm me if there is something I'm missing - thanks.

Carey
2004 SVT 3Dr

STKVSTDA
I've been fooled a few times by ordering stuff from the states and thinking i'm getting a better deal.....in the end I always ended up paying more than it would have cost me just to get it locally.

Unless you have someone that can move the parts up here without hitting any brokerage/border fees then its just as good to get it from steeda or mich or someone who is local......
BrooksZX3,Mar 1 2005, 11:02 AM Wrote:
S2,Feb 28 2005, 10:49 AM Wrote:For the prices at Steeda.ca it's cheaper to get it though the states.

Just for reference, their pricing is the US pricing converted by the day's current exchange rate. Moreover, they cover both the brokerage and the import shipping costs. I assume Mitch does the same.

So unless someone is whoring the parts at a lower than retail price, I can't see how you can get parts cheaper thru the states. Please pm me if there is something I'm missing - thanks.

Carey
[right][snapback]90484[/snapback][/right]

I bought my Eibach Pro's from http://www.madperformance.net (who isn't the greatest seller to being with) and got them up here for $100CDN less then on STEEDA or any other retailer I could find them at and that is including my applicable brokerage fees, taxes and that border crap.
S2,Mar 1 2005, 01:30 PM Wrote:
BrooksZX3,Mar 1 2005, 11:02 AM Wrote:

Carey
[right][snapback]90484[/snapback][/right]

I bought my Eibach Pro's from http://www.madperformance.net (who isn't the greatest seller to being with) and got them up here for $100CDN less then on STEEDA or any other retailer I could find them at and that is including my applicable brokerage fees, taxes and that border crap.
[right][snapback]90491[/snapback][/right]

lol I presume that should fall under the parts whore category :P Distributors have to be very careful... most contracts prevent that sort of thing because it undercuts other distributors... which obviously isn't a fair game... it's the fault of the internet lol Lots of distributors will have the distributorship revoked if they're are 'breaking the rules'

Regardless, congrats on your steal of a price but don't foget to support your canadian dealers :ph34r: and I know you do B)
2004 SVT 3Dr

STKVSTDA