Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thinking About Take My Udp Off..
Last yr I exp slight over heat problem in the summer, car feel slower and slower in slow traffic and the temp garg go a little right. But I spend most of the time on hwy so it don't bother me much and I also have new coolant flash in Oct. But couple weeks ago when temp is around 10C and I spend 1/2 hr in slow traffic that sym was here again.

I am not sure if it is my UDP or water pump or my car is getting old that course the car to over heat. Any advise?
2000 ZX3: KW coil-over/IceMan/FC UPD/Megaflow cat-back /energy bushing all over/Ported TB/home make ground wires

260000km and counting.....
Were you tooting on one there this morning????

[Image: crack-pipecopy.jpg]

That post made no sence.
dude hes french his english isnt as good as marks yet. ;)

BTW I have nothing against the french and I love Quebec
I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.
sorry. :P
He's not French!
Jays2000ZX3,Feb 15 2005, 02:04 PM Wrote:He's not French!
[right][snapback]86450[/snapback][/right]

Yeah he is!

Ask him
I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.
I installed his suspension for him...
D-Dub,Feb 15 2005, 02: Wrote:
Jays2000ZX3,Feb 15 2005, 02:04 PM Wrote:He's not French!
[right][snapback]86450[/snapback][/right]

Yeah he is!

Ask him
[right][snapback]86451[/snapback][/right]

EITHER WAY I STILL THINK HE'S BEEN TOOTIN' ON THE OLD GLASS TUBE.
If it's fine on the highway while cruising and around town while cruising, you can pretty much chalk it up to the UDP at idle. Try idling around 1000-1200 RPM while at a light and see if that gets the problem resolved.

I've parked in serious rush-hour traffic in the SPI, never ever overheated once. Even during a couple of the good heatwaves last summer, I don't think I EVER budged past half-way.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
haha. not french at all
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
not french, just having a bad day at work. Type without think.... :ph34r:

Hey Jay, need to replace timming belt before summer. Let me know if ur interested...
2000 ZX3: KW coil-over/IceMan/FC UPD/Megaflow cat-back /energy bushing all over/Ported TB/home make ground wires

I'll post my standard disclaimer, lol..."I'm no mechanic, but..." ;)

I can't see how your UDP would have that kind of radical effect on temp...TONS of people had them, including me for about 2 yrs, without a problem. The only change I really noticed was at idle the accessories were...well...underdriven! ie. fan would run slower, lights would dim, etc.

but while running? no neagtive effects that I could tell...certainly no temp issues.

I'd look at other components before ripping out the UDP...
Car-less for the first time in years...
'01 Twilight Blue ZTS is gone...
'90 Eagle Talon TSi AWD - 15psi, 3" cat-back w/Turbo muffler, blah blah....is now gone too Sad
I dont think its your UDP either. I;ve had mine on for a while now and have had zero problems.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
I have it for almost 4yrs now and I notice car feel sluggish, vibrate heavier and lost in power in stop and go traffic since last summer. The feeling is exactly like I have a short ram under the hood in hot summer day, even I have ice-man.