Poll:
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mbrp Exhausts - Need Your Opinion
I called up (thanks schade!) MBRP in Huntsville tonight and got a quote for their full stainless cat-back system. It's 199 USD, so 250 CDN assuming a 25% exchange rate. Why they quote initially in USD is beyond me :rolleyes: Yes, the exchange rate is a tad off, but hey, what the heck. Also, it's a killer sale for them as they're clearing room in the stock area to make room for more diesel stuff.

Anyways, the rest of the convo was better. The whole system (sans clamps, obviously) is Stainless Steel, muffler included. They do this install quite often for the performance guys in the area (and here's my chance to pimp FocusCanada!) with Ford products, and he says the tone isn't that bad nor obnoxious. He quoted roughly 50-70 bucks for the install, which is fine again as I don't have a garage at home nor the inclination to do it myself. I also inquired as to whether this was specifically a Focus sedan kit, and he said yes. So, we're all good on that front.

For those of you with a MBRP exhaust or muffler, what are your impressions on the quality? Fit and finish? Overall longevity of the muffler so far?

If all goes well, a cat-back just entered my scope again. That and I got to see what my tax credit is for student loans interest alone today :D

Thanks
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Awesome quality. There is an issue with the back tip (exit section of the pipe) leaning to the passengers side where it exits the back bumper (the cutout of the bumper). I mentioned this to them a while back but it seems it's not always an issue although the majority of the pics I have seen on the MBRP show the til "leaning" to the passengers side at the exit point. Nothing a exhaust shop can't heat up and adjust for you.

Awesome sound, love the low rumble, not ricey at all, louder then most other catbacks (borla, magnaflow) but nothing extremely loud. Case in point, I am 28 years old going through the police recruiting process and the loudness doesn't bother me or my fiancee (who isn't overally into sport compacts to think about that for a second).....

For the price you can't beat it.... T-304 stainless including the welds, hard to beat.
S2,Feb 14 2005, 05:29 PM Wrote:Awesome quality.  There is an issue with the back tip (exit section of the pipe) leaning to the passengers side where it exits the back bumper (the cutout of the bumper).  I mentioned this to them a while back but it seems it's not always an issue although the majority of the pics I have seen on the MBRP show the til "leaning" to the passengers side at the exit point.  Nothing a exhaust shop can't heat up and adjust for you.

Awesome sound, love the low rumble, not ricey at all, louder then most other catbacks (borla, magnaflow) but nothing extremely loud.  Case in point, I am 28 years old going through the police recruiting process and the loudness doesn't bother me or my fiancee (who isn't overally into sport compacts to think about that for a second).....

For the price you can't beat it.... T-304 stainless including the welds, hard to beat.
[right][snapback]85961[/snapback][/right]

^^^^^
What he said, i love mine, got it second hand on here.
Talk to Paolo before you buy it im not sure but he was talking about getting rid of his at one point.
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs
I've had mine since the beginning of october, and aside from the above mentioned issue of the tip leaning to the passenger side a lil bit i couldn't be happier with it. It has a nice rumble to it, and on the whole the car feels a lil peppier with it on.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

Thanks boys, I appreciate it.

S2, if this exhaust exit point issuee has been mentioned to them before, that's good. I'll be watching the whole install and will make sure I don't have that issue / get it corrected while it's still on the hoist. The install will most likely be done at their location on a Saturday (they arrange special case appointments for out-of-Huntsville guys like me).

The price whups the Magnaflow, and the quality seems to be just as good or better than Magnaflow. I'm also re-reading the FJ exhaust shootout right now.

Keep em coming!

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Nice sounding system for sure. But if you're gonna upgrade to a race header it's gonna be loud. As for the off center tip, just stack washers on the one side of the hanger to center it...
I love my mbrp, the qualitys fantastic.... sometimes its a bit loud. but most of the time i can't get enough of it.
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
The power gains compared to the Magnaflow are identical, really. The quality is better according to the analysis they did (apparently the Magnaflow used a lower-quality SS tubing setup), and the sound is just as nice.

So, if money allows, in a week or two it's getting a MBRP.

NOS2Go4Me,Feb 14 2005, 05:10 PM Wrote:Thanks boys, I appreciate it.

S2, if this exhaust exit point issuee has been mentioned to them before, that's good. I'll be watching the whole install and will make sure I don't have that issue / get it corrected while it's still on the hoist. The install will most likely be done at their location on a Saturday (they arrange special case appointments for out-of-Huntsville guys like me).

The price whups the Magnaflow, and the quality seems to be just as good or better than Magnaflow. I'm also re-reading the FJ exhaust shootout right now.

Keep em coming!
[right][snapback]85966[/snapback][/right]

I mentioned it to them a couple times, once on the phone and again when they sent me the new MBRP tip to try out (basically a MAGNAFLOW tip with a MBRP logo).
I love my MBRP, yeah I was thinking about sellin it, but so far, im gonna hang on to it. The sound is awesome and it fits nicely with an SVT rear bumper, it looks decent with a ZX3 bumper too, so thats good news.
My other ride is your Mom
my tip doesnt even have a logo... the mbrp on the svt is super loud.
05 Altima SE-R
Go Borla or go home. :P

haha, no....dont go with Borla.....Freakin LOUD :blink:
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
haha, i think the mbrp is louder. at least it was in the fj comparo! :lol: 93db @ 3000rpm on the regular focus
05 Altima SE-R
I have a bosal.......I know that doesnt help
I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.
Going to do taxes after work today... come on big return! :lol:

Car's getting tinted, and hopefully have enough left over for the exhaust!

NOS2Go4Me,Feb 16 2005, 06:35 PM Wrote:Going to do taxes after work today... come on big return! :lol:

[right][snapback]86892[/snapback][/right]

I just bought it, Shipped to my Door $330 Tax included..

Where on this planet can you get a better deal :)
Chromey,Feb 17 2005, 12:21 AM Wrote:
NOS2Go4Me,Feb 16 2005, 06:35 PM Wrote:Going to do taxes after work today... come on big return! :lol:

[right][snapback]86983[/snapback][/right]

When are you installing it? I'm considering buying one myself. Can't decide if I should drive up to get it, or have it shipped.
j3rt,Feb 17 2005, 01:54 AM Wrote:
Chromey,Feb 17 2005, 12:21 AM Wrote:

[right][snapback]86983[/snapback][/right]

When are you installing it? I'm considering buying one myself. Can't decide if I should drive up to get it, or have it shipped.
[right][snapback]87022[/snapback][/right]
It will cost you more then the 32 dollars for shipping then to drive up their.
Soon as i get ill be installing it.
Hell no. It costs me 1/2 a tank to drive up, and half a tank to drive back. That's to Toronto (330KMs from the Crappy Tire gas bar 2 seconds from our place to my parents' front door at Weston / Eglinton). That's cake for even you modded Zetec guys.

I'm driving down on a Saturday.

Tax return just paid for my tinting, but need to wait for next pay for the exhaust. I AM getting it though.

Thanks again boys for the help!

Gah, in case anyone was wondering (cares?), I had to delay the damn exhaust by a couple of weeks. I had some funky s**t go on with my new setup at home, so I had to blow my exhaust cash on some more new computer parts.

Hopefully after next pay (middle of the month) I can call up MBRP and order the exhaust, maybe take half the day off or something and drive down to get it installed.

Actually, I like the sound of that A LOT! :D