Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What A Crappy Day
ZX3TUNR,Feb 12 2005, 07:08 PM Wrote:Yikes. I hope everything works out for the best.

Looks like mine when I got hit.

[Image: DSC00028.jpg]
[right][snapback]85553[/snapback][/right]

You had a beige sedan?

:rofl:
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
Yeah, a Mazda3 is what the 2005 Focus should be... too bad you can't even get a 3-door!
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
2001 ZTS,Feb 14 2005, 05:24 AM Wrote:
ZX3TUNR,Feb 12 2005, 07:08 PM Wrote:Yikes. I hope everything works out for the best.

Looks like mine when I got hit.

[Image: DSC00028.jpg]
[right][snapback]85553[/snapback][/right]

You had a beige sedan?

:rofl:
[right][snapback]85823[/snapback][/right]

Quiet
Wow!

That car is toast.

Good luck with the search for a new one.
air bag didnt go off must have hit it in the sweet spot, that car may be fixable depends on the speed you hit the post and on how far the engine has been pushed back or how badly its damaged.
I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.
there are a few cars that i'm think of looking at, a used SVTF, 05 ZX3, mazda 3. im already know one thing, the next car i get will not be an automatic.
'03 Focus SVT
An 05 zx3 would be kind of neat. wonder how much it would take to custom fabricate your rs bumper to it :) would look super good.
ZX3TUNR,Feb 14 2005, 04:08 PM Wrote:An 05 zx3 would be kind of neat. wonder how much it would take to custom fabricate your rs bumper to it :) would look super good.
[right][snapback]85936[/snapback][/right]

Oh man. DON'T BUY AN 05!!!!

They look like total ass.

And the interior is hideous!
Yeah, the interior looks like they sprinkled old people all over the seats!

Yank the 05 seats and get some 04s? :huh:
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Tyler and I took an 05 ZX3 for a test drive and I don't think he had anything good to say about. Didn't like the interior. It seem like you sitting too high like in a minivan.He didn't like it.
Then we took an 03 SVT Focus for a drive....much better. It only has 4500kms on it. It was bought from the same dealer as I bought mine. The people who bought didn't like the fact that they needed to put winter tires on it, so they traded it of some sort of Nissan. Good price and they are including a set of Blizzack.
2003 CD Silver SVT Focus
#21 of 2173
Well the results are in the car is totalled. Now we just have to get all the stereo stuff, remotestarter/alarm,taillights and the the performace parts off of it. SGI is being a jerk about the parts as they have made the claim as it sits. We have to wait until Monday to find out what we can take off the car. :angry:
2003 CD Silver SVT Focus
#21 of 2173
SVTZX503,Feb 17 2005, 03:16 PM Wrote:Well the results are in the car is totalled. Now we just have to get all the stereo stuff, remotestarter/alarm,taillights and the the performace parts off of it. SGI is being a jerk about the parts as they have made the claim as it sits. We have to wait until Monday to find out what we can take off the car. :angry:
[right][snapback]87156[/snapback][/right]

That is BULLSHIT! They probably based your 'amount' they will give you on a typical stock focus or if they did give you any credit for your parts it's peanuts. This pisses me off.

Tell Tyler if he can climb a fence and doesn't mind dogs to much we can deal with this at about 1am tonight.......
I wonder....in these caes, if you could just call the cops and charge them with theft. It isnt there parts to take in the first place, you hold the receipts to them.

[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Unfortunately we don't have receipt for the stuff, but I'm sure Mitch will provide us with one.
S2, they have camera at the salvage yard so you might want to disguise yourself wear camafloge or black. :ph34r:

Edit:[I] I also had to phone them to find out what happened with the car. I phoned the towing company and they told me that they took the car to the salvage yard. SGI should have been phoning me.
2003 CD Silver SVT Focus
#21 of 2173
yikes. SGI is a horror story and a half. Its not smashing up the car that scares me anymore its the fact of having to deal with the asses as SGI. :(

I hope you get those parts off. Also when you do go rip as much stuff out as you can.
ZX3TUNR,Feb 17 2005, 06:03 PM Wrote:  Also when you do go rip as much stuff out as you can.
[right][snapback]87178[/snapback][/right]

I was thinking the same thing like all the dash pieces we got custom painted.
2003 CD Silver SVT Focus
#21 of 2173
So did Tyler get that SVT he was looking at? Curious.....
S2,Feb 18 2005, 08:42 AM Wrote:So did Tyler get that SVT he was looking at?  Curious.....
[right][snapback]87324[/snapback][/right]

That looks to be the car of choice. I put a deposit down on it so now all we have to do is wait for the insurance to make the pay out before we can get.I think he will be happy with it. If you notice he has already changed his avator to an SVT wheel. BTW he does have to pay me back for the loan I have to take so I'm not just giving it to him and he also has to get a job to pay for the plates and insurance on it.
2003 CD Silver SVT Focus
#21 of 2173
I was going to take a swing by the dealership to take a look at it later today if it's still out on the lot. I talked to him the other day on Yahoo.

Awesome stuff, a two SVTF family... wow that's just perfect.
S2,Feb 18 2005, 10:56 AM Wrote:I was going to take a swing by the dealership to take a look at it later today if it's still out on the lot.  I talked to him the other day on Yahoo.

Awesome stuff, a two SVTF family... wow that's just perfect.
[right][snapback]87365[/snapback][/right]

We found the car on CanadaTrader and when I went to look for it yesterday it was off the website. I sure you could take a look at it. Just tell the salesman that you are a friend of Tyler's, maybe they will let you look at it. You could take Tyler with you.
2003 CD Silver SVT Focus
#21 of 2173