Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Camping Is A Go!: Make A Reservation
Date and location picked as per title. Link to reservation found a couple replies below.

So far:

Site #206: natasha

Site #207: Raine, Raine's GF, 2001 ZTS, Mrs. 2001 ZTS, and Mini 2001 ZTS (age 5)

Site #209: Darkpuppet (arriving Friday, leaving Monday), j3rt (and possibly j3rtette), AnthonyD
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
I am good for the weekend of: May 7th, 14th, 21st, 28th, June 4th, 11th, 18th, 25th
Algonquin (Pog Lake, Lake of Two Rivers, Opeongo if you wanna park and paddle) or Haliburton Forest
I have gear, and it's packed and ready to go at a moments notice
I would bring the g/f
And I know where you live so I could drop the cheque off any time
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
Good answer.

Pog Lake is in the middle of the 'corridor' and is our confirmed destination.

2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
No problem Andrew. I can even paypal you if you'd like, as that way we'll have an electronic record which is just as good as a receipt any day. Your call entirely, and of course dates in July/August are equally flexible.

EDIT: this is just a reference for everyone who is considering this trip, and has never been to Algonquin Park... the "corridor" 2001 ZTS referred to is the series of drive-in camp sites along Hwy 60 which runs the length of the park from East to West gate. There are literally more sites than you can shake a fist at but they fill up fast. Below I've posted a map, feel free to PM me if you need directions to the park. It's about a 3 hr drive from Toronto if you take a decent length pit stop.

[Image: corridor.gif]
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
May 28th we're getting married, and leading up to that date is going to be rather hectic. Sorry guys, maybe sometime at the end of June / middle of July?
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
I fit all the criteria.

INCLUDING leaving early on Friday.

Most likely I would stay with one of you guys Thursday night to make sure I don't have to commute back to Burlington to get my stuff.

Let me pass it by the Nazi Spoiled Scum bag I call my girlfriend. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm kidding.

She's not a Nazi.
Have two spare beds at my place Anthony, so whenever the time comes, feel free...
2000 Black ZX3
Dates are June 10, 11 12 (Fri, Sat, Sun). Getting a trip in relatively early opens the possibility of a second trip later in the summer.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
Raine,Feb 8 2005, 10:33 AM Wrote:Have two spare beds at my place Anthony, so whenever the time comes, feel free...
[right][snapback]84324[/snapback][/right]

Thanks.

I think this would be a great weekend.

I'll make chili!

Oh yeah!
:beerchug: :beer: :puke:
2001 ZTS,Feb 8 2005, 10:36 AM Wrote:Everyone play about with the idea of June 3,4,5 (Fri, Sat, Sun)
[right][snapback]84326[/snapback][/right]

It's my birthday that weekend.

I'll most likely be busy.

I'll shoot it past Jenn this week.
2001 ZTS,Feb 7 2005, 09:29 PM Wrote:Serious posters only:

-you keep promises DOH!
-you have money and will give me a reasonable sum ahead of time if I make a non-refundable reservation months ahead of time.DOH!
-you don't work Sat or Sun and preferably can skip work by lunch on a Friday.DOH!
-I don't know you but I hate your tunes so I will purposely choose a radio and dog free site(s). DOH!
-you are not a jackass because my name will be on all the papers.DOH!
-the usual drinking and driving stuff.DOH!
-you will share chores (cooking/cleaning)DOH!

[right][snapback]84226[/snapback][/right]

I'm IN!!!!
microbunny,Feb 8 2005, 10:42 AM Wrote:
2001 ZTS,Feb 7 2005, 09:29 PM Wrote:Serious posters only:

-you keep promises DOH!
-you have money and will give me a reasonable sum ahead of time if I make a non-refundable reservation months ahead of time.DOH!
-you don't work Sat or Sun and preferably can skip work by lunch on a Friday.DOH!
-I don't know you but I hate your tunes so I will purposely choose a radio and dog free site(s). DOH!
-you are not a jackass because my name will be on all the papers.DOH!
-the usual drinking and driving stuff.DOH!
-you will share chores (cooking/cleaning)DOH!

[right][snapback]84226[/snapback][/right]

I'm IN!!!!
[right][snapback]84331[/snapback][/right]

Quite possibly one of the best posts this year! :lol:
I booked a site for Raine & myself:

Site: 207
Arrival Date: Friday, June 10, 2005
Departure Date: Sunday, June 12, 2005
Party Size: 5
Equipment: 2 Tents/Shelters

Raine, it was $68 plus there will be a small fee for a second car. Dates are OK?

The adjacent sites are available (206, 208, 209) as well there is a first come first served site at 205.

Map:

http://www.camis.com/OP/camping/maps.asp?map=122

Anyone else who wants to join us go to the link below and make a reservation:

http://www.camis.com/OP/default.asp
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
Dates are just fine. Let me know how much I owe you and I'll drop it off sometime within the week. :)

Site details:

Site: 207
Type: Non-Electric Campsite - Regular Rate
Maximum Equipment: XLarge Trailer or Motorhome > 32 ft
Maximum Capacity: 6 People
Rating: Above Average <-- You know it!
Note: adj. site < 30 m: 209
site quality: good
site privacy: good
site shade: partial shade - p.m. sun
vehicle parking: 2 on 2 or more off
site length (m): 10
site width (m): 18
ground cover: soil
site conditions: noisy <--- What does this mean?
2000 Black ZX3
Raine,Feb 9 2005, 09:06 AM Wrote:site conditions: noisy <--- What does this mean?
[right][snapback]84618[/snapback][/right]

I've not stayed at that campground but I know what area of the park it is and don't understand it either cause it is one of the more out of the way palces at Pog. I think the answer is "noisy" in relation to what? It is closer to Hwy 60 than some other sites but I remember it is a good ways off. There is also the noise from the beach during the day but it is a small beach.

No need to rush the money since I'm now letting everyone reserve their own site. I was just worried about being out hundreds of dollars. I can handle being short $34 for a little bit. :lol:

Lets see who else steps up and actually makes a rez?
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
I'm in.. just have to make reservations, but may not be able to do that until after I get home later tonight.

Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

Ha! After all the cool camping trip stories I've heard from you, this should be good

Guys come with your ladies, otherwise mine will kick my ass. :P
2000 Black ZX3
Raine,Feb 9 2005, 11:12 AM Wrote:Ha! After all the cool camping trip stories I've heard from you, this should be good

Guys come with your ladies, otherwise mine will kick my ass. :P
[right][snapback]84666[/snapback][/right]

If I make it to this trip... I'll be flying stag....

Jen will be into her summer course. :lol:
darkpuppet,Feb 9 2005, 01:27 PM Wrote:I'm in.. just have to make reservations, but may not be able to do that until after I get home later tonight.
[right][snapback]84633[/snapback][/right]

I'm working on it, but I make no promises :P
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

ANTHONYD,Feb 9 2005, 10:14 AM Wrote:If I make it to this trip... I'll be flying stag....

Jen will be into her summer course. :lol:
[right][snapback]84667[/snapback][/right]

on the weekend??? c'mon!
2000 Black ZX3