Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Body Shop Experts?
I'm looking to buy a car, awsome shape but its got some rust that I really don't like. Under the doors on both doors, rear hatch and a little on the rear tire wells.

Its not even serious rust, its just turning a little brown in the seams under the door and hatch, and a few bubbles on the rear tire well.

Anybody know ballpark what it would entale to fix this?
When i had the bottom of the doors on the truck retouched(3 doors) and the tailgate it cost me $300.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
i got quoted on my zx3 for 2 doors just the bottom half's under the side molding $200

In Europe FORD is pronounced "\kwa-le-te\"

2008 f250 6.4 powerstroke/twin turbo/crew cab/XLT/4x4 Edge programmer, Cat and Dpf delete, mbrp exhaust. 650hp 850ft/tq.....
2002 red SVT sport'in European Appearance package rims, AEM cai, #4111 of 4788, ranger 12v plug cover, 4500k HID HI/LO, eibach springs, H&R 15mm wheel spacers. sold Sad
2000 yellow zx3 sold
1994 mazda mx3 sold
1992 ford festiva (RIP)
200-300 seems pretty decent for me.
My other ride is your Mom
I was quoted $1500 to fix it right, $400 to fix it with no guarantees
Ive been working on rust on the body of my other car. Some of it could just be surface rust from the guy driving it in the winter.

If it's serious rust you can tell easily by using a solvent rust cleaning chemical, if the rust is still there than it's really bad and you have to either work long and hard at it.. or have a professional do it.

My advice is tell the guy selling it to find out how bad the rust is by applying some chemical to where the doors are.

He can easily pick up some stuff at Canadian tire.
I actually passed on this car, the next one I found was only a 2 door but not a spot of rust.
hardk0re,Apr 22 2010, 09:28 PM Wrote:I actually passed on this car, the next one I found was only a 2 door but not a spot of rust.
[right][snapback]305720[/snapback][/right]

Yeah that's the best way to go. It's a headache cleaning up some neglected car.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Finally Got My Car Back From The Body Shop Focus man. Focus. 9 2,627 03-10-2008, 11:07 PM
Last Post: Focus man. Focus.