Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mb Quart Subs
Does anyone have experience with these subs, i just picked up a pair and the guy told me that they'd take about 3 weeks before the were finally broken in and sounded their best. They sound pretty sweet right now, i'm just wondering how much louder they're gonna get. I'm drivin the 2 subs with a 500W Phoneix Gold amp. If they are gonna take 3 weeks to break in, is there anything in particular i need to be doin to break them in properly

Thanx
Matt
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

thats crazy..

I just got a single 12" premium MB sub this morning,...

anyhow....as for 'breaking-in',,,and '3-weeks'...I dunno,...the guy sounds like he doesn't really know...

These subs are awesome and 1 12" will take 500Watts RMS and come back for much more...

I put a 1000W Clarion mono amp on it this morning...and it just blew my mind...

I would'nt worry about a 'break-in' period to much....you probably got em for the same reason I did...they sound killer.

anyhow....enjoy.
The only advice I would give you is to go easy on them on those crazy cold mornings.
Man do they ever sound killer, the 2 10's sounds a million times better than the 2 pioneer 10's i had before. Its not that they don't hit hard now, the guy had the same subs and just said that in a couple of weeks they would be hittin harder.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

ANTHONYD,Jan 29 2005, 08:23 PM Wrote:The only advice I would give you is to go easy on them on those crazy cold mornings.
[right][snapback]81965[/snapback][/right]

...actually...yeh...good call.

I forgot about the time of year sensitivity factor..

habbman,

Yeh you would notice a huge difference...

what type of box you got..ported/sealed//

what amp you running..?
I'm running a sealed box, with a 5.0.1 Phoneix Gold Octane Amp, sounds pretty good so far

Good advice on takin it easy in the cold with them tho, not really interested in chewing up a new set of subs cuz of the cold
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Go

Any pics? Those subs are pretty dmn good. Also that a pretty sweet amp!
Haven't got any pics yet, still gotta mount the amp properly, its just sittin on the floor of the trunk right now, but when i get some in the next few days i'll be sure to post some pics.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Go

http://www.mbquart.com/2003/en_US/products.../pwe302-304.jpg
Those are neat looking subs!