Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hatchback Or Sedan?
NOS2Go4Me,Jan 27 2005, 12:18 PM Wrote:The trunk just has so much more space for ANYTHING than the hatches. They're nice looking, but limited really. At least they all have the fold-down
space in cubic inches maybe.. but its alot easier to put a 32inch tv in there thats for sure ;) you can slide in things with the hatch.. you have the whole (relatively speaking) width and lenght of the car to put things in..

alot easier to pack like boxes through the hatch than doors..
ZX3T gone..
:o

I stand corrected!

I would imagine it would be easier... and when I do get my nice new LCD projection... I'm getting the damn thing delivererd!
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Well I personally like the styling lines of the ZX3 however there wasn't any available at the time of purchase so I just bought the Sedan. I like the flares on the sedan, it has style and the 4 doors are a definate bonus as lately I have been taxiing alot of people around.

ZX3 was the car of choice however the Sedan was my second choice.
Join the Sedan Faction - You know you want to.
hatches are for kids...sedans are for men :ph34r:
Car-less for the first time in years...
'01 Twilight Blue ZTS is gone...
'90 Eagle Talon TSi AWD - 15psi, 3" cat-back w/Turbo muffler, blah blah....is now gone too Sad
Marction,Jan 27 2005, 10:41 PM Wrote:hatches are for kids...sedans are for men  :ph34r:
[right][snapback]81496[/snapback][/right]

unless we are talking ///M5 i think sedan are for boys who can't take the pressure of standing out from the crowd.. :P
naz,Jan 27 2005, 11:39 PM Wrote:
Marction,Jan 27 2005, 10:41 PM Wrote:hatches are for kids...sedans are for men  :ph34r:
[right][snapback]81496[/snapback][/right]

unless we are talking ///M5 i think sedan are for boys who can't take the pressure of standing out from the crowd.. :P
[right][snapback]81507[/snapback][/right]

I honestly don't know how you'd fit all the crap I've gotten into my car into the back of a sedan.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

I'm self proclaimed king'o'sedans but truth be told I only bought a sedan because it had four doors (baby) and my other car was a wagon.

If I were to have only one car it would be a hatch or wagon.

Thanks for the backhanded compliment t-dot. :lol:

2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
no prob.. thats what im here for. :P
Dan, Your friendly neighbourhood asshole. Wink
I do installs and build FG stuff, pm me if you need help with anything. Im cheap.
i like hatches for the compact llok, little cars are more fun

but i see my moms 04 ZTS and i wanna throw rims and slam it so bad...

but now i really like the wagons for some reason...shave the roof rack, slam it, nice wheels...i think it would look sweet
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...
First of all, thanks for the welcome :D

And WOW :huh: you guys are really divided on this issue :blink: , there seems to be a few pros and cons.

I have the Sedan and I like it because of the 4 doors and the trunk I find the hatchback alittle too small. :unsure:

You could see the sedan as grandma's car or a sport sedan...I hope.
Cruz'n the West Coast
It's the 4 door as good as it gets.
It's still going to be a" f o u r" door.

Chop it lower it put it in a pie! Yes it can look awesome :blink: ...for a 4dr.

"Coupe's are just 2oo cool!" :lol:
(even with basic steelies & snow tires)

You want a sweet 4dr ..."Mazda RX8". :) (rear half-door cars)

(Zoom Zoom- Mazda 6 and even the Mazda 3 series 4drs!) :lol:

"Again I'm sorry" but the sedan just isn't my thermos of tea. ;)

Say the "leisure suit" might make a come back? :D

"BCFOCUS welcome!" (even to a sedan-man)

PS.Grandparents drive Vans & SUVs.
"Focus On The Road!"
I Love My Liquid Grey 2007 Focus ZX3 SE

Next: tint, front & rear bumpers...
bcfocus,Jan 27 2005, 11:24 PM Wrote:First of all, thanks for the welcome  :D

And WOW  :huh:  you guys are really divided on this issue  :blink: , there seems to be a few pros and cons.

I have the Sedan and I like it because of the 4 doors and the trunk I find the hatchback alittle too small. :unsure:

You could see the sedan as grandma's car or a sport sedan...I hope.
[right][snapback]81585[/snapback][/right]

hahaha...it's a long running joke on pretty much any Focus site...the hatches vs. the sedans :D

honestly...I think sedans look WAY better done up...no question...but hatches are WAY more practical for storage/cargo. Depends upon how functional your car needs to be. When I had my ZTS, it was the only one with the 16" tires and leather (if I remember right) and I knew I wouldn't be lugging much stuff around.
Car-less for the first time in years...
'01 Twilight Blue ZTS is gone...
'90 Eagle Talon TSi AWD - 15psi, 3" cat-back w/Turbo muffler, blah blah....is now gone too Sad
The sedan can look good if done right. The only saving grace of the new ST is that it has the better engine.
well....let me put my foot here....welcome to the board...and bout the 3 vs 5 doors...I did buy the 3 door cause the wife liked it...and as I always say..its her car..but the only driver its ME..!!!! :lol: :lol:
00 DAKOTA R/T.......I just didnt like the torque of the Focus thats all...!!!
redsvtfocus,Jan 28 2005, 10:38 PM Wrote:well....let me put my foot here....welcome to the board...and bout the 3 vs 5 doors...I did buy the 3 door cause the wife liked it...and as I always say..its her car..but the only driver its ME..!!!! :lol:  :lol:
[right][snapback]81831[/snapback][/right]

Nicly done. ;)
Well when I was looking back at the ZX3 and Se Sport Sedan in december 2000 on the ford lot Richard, a Family Friend and Ford Dealer, told me the ZX3 (ZX5 2002 and on ) and Sedans share the same platform, and are the same on leg room. The real difference is the fact the Hatch had a longer roof line just for the Hatch itself. Otherwise they are the same right up to the rear wheel wells, it's why they are interchangeable for customizing between the ZX3 / 5 and Sedans.

The Wagons are the only one with longer platforms......

I'm still into the ZX3's, but comparing it to the Sedans, you get more in Sedans then you did in the Hatchbacks pre 2002 and the intro of the ZX5. Originally the ZX3 was and is marketed as an Economy Car, or an Ideal student's first car, or a Family's 2nd or 3rd car. One thing that really turned me off the Zx3 was the fact you could not get the cold weather package ( 2003/2004 ) or Inter-mitten wipers, unless it was a SVT.

2003 / 2004 Cold weather package came avaible in all models minus the ZX3, reason why I'm mentioning it is because I was in the market for a New Focus in November 2003.

But I made my Choice and I stand by it.

[Image: Passenger_Side.jpg]
[Image: Rear.jpg]
[Image: Driversside.jpg]

I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
[Image: Passenger_Side.jpg]
[Image: Rear.jpg]
[Image: Driversside.jpg]
[right][snapback]81839[/snapback][/right]

Great looking sedan B) B)

Now I know what my sedan might look like with tint :)
Cruz'n the West Coast
Proud owner of a sedan here, same colour as AnthonyD's and tinted up.
I still have the factory rims but I think my car looks and handles quite good !
2000 Ford Focus
K+N O/E Air filter
Energy Suspension
Transmission bushing.
Nice wheels Frost 2001 !!
2000 Ford Focus
K+N O/E Air filter
Energy Suspension
Transmission bushing.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sedan Vs. Hatchback! (before Modification) Penwraith 37 7,498 02-01-2005, 05:03 PM
Last Post: Penwraith