Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speakers Mid To High End Range
One of my friends wants to buy speakers for her car, she was going to buy mb quarts but I told her not to because her deck aint the greatest so the speakers wont ever reach the full potential......not to mention the speakers are 800 bucks.

ANYWAYS what would you guys recommend, shes not cheap so moneys not a huge issuse but something decent and worth the coin would be nice. I was thinking alpine or maybe Boston Acoustics but I would like to hear what you guy recommend.

For $800 i think she should be able to get 4 instead of 2.

BTW she has a 2 year old Panasonic deck which is decent and sounds better then our stock deck.
I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.
D-Dub,Jan 12 2005, 03: Wrote:One of my friends wants to buy speakers for her car, she was going to buy mb quarts but I told her not to because her deck aint the greatest so the speakers wont ever reach the full potential......not to mention the speakers are 800 bucks.

ANYWAYS what would you guys recommend, shes not cheap so moneys not a huge issuse but something decent and worth the coin would be nice. I was thinking alpine or maybe Boston Acoustics but I would like to hear what you guy recommend.

For $800 i think she should be able to get 4 instead of 2.

BTW she has a 2 year old Panasonic deck which is decent and sounds better then our stock deck.
[right][snapback]78603[/snapback][/right]

well... if youre amp the speakers... you can find some good prices online for mb quart speakers...
i picked up my mb quart refrence components for like 220cdn online... but mb quart speakers do not like being underpowered.

if shes nor planning on running an amp. anything decent would be okay. rockford fosgate kicker alpine... anything along those lines. that dont require lots of power
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
yeah shes deffinetly not going to amp them, I keep tellin her this but those guy at East Hamilton Radio keep feeding her full of s**t.
Oh EHR is full of retards. I went the and the guy was trying to sell me a kenwood sub because he said that my JL 10W7 wouldn't hit hard enough. They're full of s**t.

Anyways what kinda car does she have? Let me know and I could go more in depth about what I recommend!
MAlby7,Jan 12 2005, 05:19 PM Wrote:Oh EHR is full of retards.  I went the and the guy was trying to sell me a kenwood sub because he said that my JL 10W7 wouldn't hit hard enough.  They're full of s**t. 

Anyways what kinda car does she have?  Let me know and I could go more in depth about what I recommend!
[right][snapback]78617[/snapback][/right]

Said a 12W7 wouldnt hit hard, Yikes, ive never been there myself but being the proud owner of a 12w7 HO , I beg to differ, Im hitting mid 140db's (147.8 Aug 23 at Pipes Performance Show) all day long with 1 12" and that was in the trunk of my cavy hate to see what it will do in the focus hatch.

David
[Image: sigfocuscanada.jpg]
Boston Acoustic FX8's.

Awesome speakers for the money.[Image: Fx8.jpg]

About 200 a pair.
Without running an amp make sure you do not underpower the speakers, that is a sure fire way to blow some nice expensive speakers. Check the power ratings of the speakers to what the deck is putting out.
I bought a red car, because everyone knows red is the fastest.
its for a bug

The deck is a 50x4, she blew the stock front right speaker already.
Actually the underpowering is not as bad as the amount of distortion and lets be careful with the 50x4 power rating, that is likely max so the RMS is likely in the 22 watt area, and key to that is at least 1% distortion. Remeber some speakers say they can handle 500 watts rms , but if you send it 499 of distortion the power wont kill it the distortion will and the oppisate sometimes works when I was at JL (jemsen) for product developement review on the W7 they ran 8000 watts into a 13w7 and it didnt blow but this was a reference amplifier running at less than .0008% distortion. A true 50x4 amp is going to be larger than the deck, but as for the speakers if running off the deck spending $800 on MBs would not be really sensicle. i would go with some Alpines or Pioneers, even JL TR series.

David
[Image: sigfocuscanada.jpg]
i think the old panasonic decks were rated at 19w rms a channel. with the power output in mind, id go with a cheaper set of component speakers... the low end fosgates, kenwood, or low end jbl.

if she wants to go with coaxial speakers IMHO you cant go wrong with these Alpine
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
Pioneer Premier stuff is pretty good, really. Never had a problem with it, and I'm pulling my Premier deck out of the truck today (hopefully) to put it in the Focus.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
ever thought about focal and audison. REAL high end gear. i may let mine go for the right price.
Turbo Kit For sale. Bills SUCK.
I'd buy a set of JBL GT or GTO series coaxials...They can take a LOT of abuse, even when being underpowered. That, and they aren't too expensive...It's about $149-$179 for a pair of 5x7's or 6x9's. I would also try a pair of Power Acoustik speakers too...they also can stand a lot of abuse with low power, and they are even cheaper than the JBLs. Only place that sells Power Acoustik in the Brantford/Hamilton area (to my knowledge) is Audio Vibe on Colbourne St, downtown Brantford. Yes, I probably seem to be an advocate for JBL and Power Acoustik, but hey, we have North American cars, why not have North American stereo Components?
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
I have these Pioneers and they sound really great. I have two of them on an old amp, but even the two that are off the deck sound really great. I like them because even without a sub they have pretty good bass. Don't let the low price fool you... these are really nice speakers. I've been happy with them for a while now.

The put out enough bass to shake my side mirrors and rattle any change in my side pockets. :) The highs are really good too. For the money, I am very happy.

2003 ZX3 French Blue; 25/35% tint; shorty antenna; apc clear corners; JVC MP3/CD HU; Sherwood 180W BP Series AMP; Alpine 11-band DSP with BBE processing; 4x Pioneer TS-A6870R 6" x 8" speakers; custom-made 4AWG engine grounding wires
I have the ones that scooba posted the alpines, They are pretty good, running off a fosgate amp (deck only has pre amp). You can get those at concepts on wheels for $75 Cdn a pair.

Concepts on wheels has a shop open at the autoshow, lots of toys, from kicker to avro (sp) alpine etc.
2010 Hyundai Genesis 2.0T GT
2008 Jetta Sedan
2007 Colorado
2006 Jetta Wagon TDI (Totalled) (Monkey in the middle on 400)
2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart (Totalled)
2000 ZX3 (Darknights 2nd place Focus)
ANTHONYD,Jan 12 2005, 11:03 PM Wrote:Boston Acoustic FX8's.
About 200 a pair.
[right][snapback]78621[/snapback][/right]
i totally agree!!
*** 2000 Street Edition Sedan Album ***
(May Your New Owner Love You As I Did)
At 129.95 a pair of Boston 746(4"x6") might be too $$much?

http://www.bostonacoustics.com/images/4x4/746.JPG

http://www.bostonacoustics.com/popup/fact_...=2&ProductID=91

"Focus On The Road!"
I Love My Liquid Grey 2007 Focus ZX3 SE

Next: tint, front & rear bumpers...