Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
05 Gt Stang
yup, im a traitor...

I went and test drove the 05 GT today and I am completly in love with it.

I figure that in spring I shall swap into the pony world.

I priced a buy on a base GT Torch Red and the payment is the same as my SVTF for now, so as soon as I can break even with the SVTF Im gonna be driving a 300 hp monster... :P

the ride is just off the hook, I love it. the only thing it need in my opinion off the lot is a drop and exaust.

the power is so smooth and that tremec is wonderfull, I love the shifter and driving position.

WOW, I would have never ever ever thought I would say this one day, but, I am completly in love with the 05 GT mustang.

opinions? Flaming?

-Marc
------------------------------------------------
-1991 Nissan Pulsar GTI-R
-2002 Red SVT focus # 2262 - sold
-2000 silver ZX3 - sold
Hmm.. I wanna test drive one then go find an empty parking lot....
oh, there is one thing I completly hate about it.

the mirrors are freaking huge and hugly as hell. they are pretty much mini van mirrors and are such a cheap look.

but its an easy fix.
-2000 silver ZX3 - sold
Well Marc that makes 2 of us in love with this new car. Actually make it 3. The boy loves the car and would trade the focus in a minute, but he is not willing to pay the insurance costs. Might wanna check into it before you dot your eyes and cross your tee's.

I am waiting to see what the converible in '06 looks like. My wife wants a convertible. Then if I like it, I have to sway her away from the Lexus.

Good luck on a honey of a car.

TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
meford4u,Jan 8 2005, 08:53 PM Wrote:Well Marc that makes 2 of us in love with this new car.  Actually make it 3.  The boy loves the car and would trade the focus in a minute, but he is not willing to pay the insurance costs.  Might wanna check into it before you dot your eyes and cross your tee's.

I am waiting to see what the converible in '06 looks like.  My wife wants a convertible.  Then if I like it, I have to sway her away from the Lexus.

Good luck on a honey of a car.
[right][snapback]78011[/snapback][/right]

insurance will be fine dont worry, I live in london, I will be 29 yrs old, married, no tickets and accident in my record.

as for the convertible, forget it, they are off the hook man, they look better than the 05 gt, way better, they are lower, they have the bullit wheels in gun metal with polished lip and the roof lines make it look so damn mean... its pretty, I have the flyers for it at home....

actualy, the wheels on the convertibles are the ones I want in the long run for the gt. they are like the old muscle car cragar wheels.
-2000 silver ZX3 - sold
I'm going to check out the convertible later in the month.. see if I can swap the focus for that. :ph34r:
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

here you go, insurrance for me with all my history and all is 176$ per month, which is very fine in my opinion.

thats a quote for the exact vehicle I test drove. 05 GT 8cyl 2 drs.

for a quick quote in canadian $

http://www.insurancehotline.com/scripts/st...=step2&LOB=AUTO
-2000 silver ZX3 - sold
I love them too. Can't justify the 35k price when the Focus is paid for. I'd also have to look at 04 Cobra's. There aree 3 still on the lot here. coupe is 42k. You could probably get it for 37k. If someone buys my car I'll be moving to the RWD club as well.
[Image: 860doigiveadamn2yy.gif]

Prolly Is not a word
05 is the first year for this car right? given how the first year went for the focus and the ford gt.. maybe its a good idea to hold off on the mustang right now..
i just scheck my insurance quote...772 a month...

now im glad i moved to Saskatchewan...good ol 61 bucks a month
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...
naz,Jan 8 2005, 10:17 PM Wrote:05 is the first year for this car right?  given how the first year went for the focus and the ford gt.. maybe its a good idea to hold off on the mustang right now..
[right][snapback]78026[/snapback][/right]

w3rd.

It actually a good idea for every make model.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
I also love the new Stang, great lookin car, and has some power to back it up.

My biggest concern about the car - those freakin mirrors like you said!!! God those are awful!! *insert puke smiley*

People have been stealing those spinner wheel centre caps off the local car lots, so they don't put them on til you take possesion now.
2001 ZTS,Jan 8 2005, 10:41 PM Wrote:w3rd.

It actually a good idea for every make model.
[right][snapback]78031[/snapback][/right]

unless its a lexus

apparently 1st year lexus have as few defects as later years
As far as I have been told the Bullitt wheels are actually the base wheels for the GT. All the dealers are ordering them in with the optional wheels, but the dealer in Ottawa that I deal with ordered a couple with the standard Bullitt wheels and they totally make the car......like it needs any help!!!
Associate,Jan 8 2005, 11:47 PM Wrote:As far as I have been told the Bullitt wheels are actually the base wheels for the GT. All the dealers are ordering them in with the optional wheels, but the dealer in Ottawa that I deal with ordered a couple with the standard Bullitt wheels and they totally make the car......like it needs any help!!!
[right][snapback]78036[/snapback][/right]
I will take an 04 cobra anyday, the 05 gt is not that fast ,many magazines they did test them and are getting low 14's and high 13's which is the same as 04 gt ,part of the problem is the electronic throttle which limits the power when you power shift or do a burn out ,the system is called torque management the same in the new F150,ford did this system to limit any damage from the drivetrain caused by driver abuse,also the weight issue 3500 lbs for the manual from the factory sheet but actually its weight is 3600 lbs dry weight for the manual with no options.I know the retro look is good but when you buy a sport car it should be light and why they did left the solid axle for a modern car for some people that is ok (drag racing) but for road racing its no good I know they did change the set up in the back to handle better but it still a solid axle . The think an 04 cobra or the new cobra with its 4.6l or 5.4l whipple supercharged is the one to get I know it will cost more but they are more fun and you don't see to many around B) .
I will have to agree i too am a huge fan of the new mustang...the drive is incredible I drive one almost every day at work.. :D along with the new 05 family edition focus :P
OFFICAL FC BABYSITTER
FociS8nt,Jan 9 2005, 02:01 AM Wrote:I will have to agree i too am a huge fan of the new mustang...the drive is incredible I drive one almost every day at work.[right][snapback]78058[/snapback][/right]

<_< now that is what I call "rubbin' it in..." <_<

:lol: lucky devil....
-2000 silver ZX3 - sold
FociS8nt,Jan 9 2005, 02:01 AM Wrote:  along with the new 05 family edition focus  :P
[right][snapback]78058[/snapback][/right]
I don't do FocalJet, what is a "family edition"?
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
coolsvt,Jan 9 2005, 01:56 AM Wrote:.........also the weight issue 3500 lbs for the manual from the factory sheet but actually its weight is 3600 lbs dry weight for the manual with no options.I know the retro look is good but when you buy a sport car it should be light .........[right][snapback]78057[/snapback][/right]

An STi is 3300lbs dry.

My WRX with a full load (me, wife, kid, fluids and baggage) is probably over two tons (4000+lbs) but I assure you it's still plenty quick.

What I can't excuse about the Mustang is the lack of a IRS, that is stage coach and work truck tech. I imagine a Cobra version would have IRS in a year or so?
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
I know about the lack of IRS, but realy, go take one for a spin and you'll be impressed, I swear to you.

And for what I plan on doing with it, itsa probably better off with an awsome solid rear axle design than a compromised IRS....

just my 0.02$
-2000 silver ZX3 - sold