Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I've Been Thinking...
Would it be possible swap the whole front end of the 05 to a 00? If I took all the hardware needed, could it be done(Front bumbers, radiator support, hood, grill, lights, etc). Or do you guys think there would be alot of custom parts having to be made?
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
as far as it seems...I think its like a chevy-to-cadi conversion...
fenders,front end,supports..maybe the hood?? dont know on that..but Im sure its not that hard to do.
00 DAKOTA R/T.......I just didnt like the torque of the Focus thats all...!!!
Flofocus,Dec 23 2004, 03:51 PM Wrote:Would it be possible swap

Shoulda stopped thinking right there...

Edit.

Ok real answer. Its the same car so obviously its possible. Rad suport might be needed, uhm, probably other stuff too. Depends how much they changed the supports at the front on the new design.

You could tell by just taking some quick looks at it .. as to how easy it would be.
Dan, Your friendly neighbourhood asshole. Wink
I do installs and build FG stuff, pm me if you need help with anything. Im cheap.
As long as the doors are the same everything should line up. You'd need everything from the doors forward. As long as the mounting points for the headlights and grill still match up, that's the only thing that might throw you.
I'd bet that everything is the same except the sheet metal and the bumper bar
[Image: 860doigiveadamn2yy.gif]

Prolly Is not a word
Wouldn't that take soo much time/labour and $$$ that ur better off taking off all your mods, buy a new 05 and put all your mods back on?? i mean, ur basically buying a whole front end of the car
2003 Focus ZTS Sedan - CD Silver - 2.0L ZETEC. Power Moonroof. Winter Package. 4 spd auto
2002 Mazda Protege ES Sedan - Sand Mica - 2.0L FS-DE. 4 spd auto

Toronto Protege Club Events Photographer
Toronto Protege Club Events Reporter
Spyder01,Dec 23 2004, 01:14 PM Wrote:Wouldn't that take soo much time/labour and $$$ that ur better off taking off all your mods, buy a new 05 and put all your mods back on??  i mean, ur basically buying a whole front end of the car
[right][snapback]76168[/snapback][/right]

If you have good connections at a wrecker, you could probably get most of the stuff cheap.

I really like the front end of the new 05's, not many people do, but I like the mondeoish style to it. B)
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Flofocus,Dec 23 2004, 01:33 PM Wrote:
Spyder01,Dec 23 2004, 01:14 PM Wrote:Wouldn't that take soo much time/labour and $$$ that ur better off taking off all your mods, buy a new 05 and put all your mods back on??  i mean, ur basically buying a whole front end of the car
[right][snapback]76168[/snapback][/right]

If you have good connections at a wrecker, you could probably get most of the stuff cheap.

I really like the front end of the new 05's, not many people do, but I like the mondeoish style to it. B)
[right][snapback]76170[/snapback][/right]

Ford sheet metal is very reasonably priced. It's the lights and stuff that's gonna cost. BTW I also like the 05 front end.
[Image: 860doigiveadamn2yy.gif]

Prolly Is not a word