Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fk Coilovers
found it on focus fanatics, wondering if anyone interested.

click here
'02 CD Silver SVT
All the options
#3731 out of 4788

'85 Mustang GT
i have a full Fk cataloge sitting at my house...if you guys need anything ordered i can give you a part number and a phone number of a place that can get ANYTHING FK!! this shop is in canada too
-Will update mods when its all put back together...
1998 nissan 200sx 2.0L Turbo
Check it out here
don't buy them
there will be no warrenty on them so if there is a problem, however doubtful, you'd be screwed!
FK still makes great stuff but without that warrenty.... <_<
ZX3TUNING,Dec 20 2004, 04:40 PM Wrote:don't buy them

[right][snapback]75647[/snapback][/right]

:rolleyes:

I've had ZERO problems with mine. BUT yes there original store is out of business so you will have a hard time getting anything done under warranty if its from them. If its from one of their shops I cant see how they would deny the warranty since it says lifetime right on the freakin box.

Dont listen to Mitch.

Buy them if you really want them. good price for coilovers to.

B)
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
think about how many people send performance parts back on warranty...very few...im sure the quality of there stuff is high enough warranty shouldnt be a big concern
Check it out here
sr20det,Dec 21 2004, 10:33 AM Wrote:think about how many people send performance parts back on warranty...very few...im sure the quality of there stuff is high enough warranty shouldnt be a big concern
[right][snapback]75756[/snapback][/right]

Exactly. I've heard somehorrow stories on the jet but they did manage to get their stuff covered under tehir lifetime warranty, after a month of bickering though.

This was right around the time FK shut down so these guys had to go through other dealers of the FK product to get the warranty stuff done, which I can see why it was a pain in the ass.

I've had my Hitec kit on for 30 000Km;s and absolutely love it. ZERO problems yet, and rides much better than my Eibach/stockspring/strut setup I had before.
do you guys think it is a good price? would be about $860 cdn.
'02 CD Silver SVT
All the options
#3731 out of 4788

'85 Mustang GT
svt_rodg,Dec 21 2004, 11:55 AM Wrote:do you guys think it is a good price?  would be about $860 cdn.
[right][snapback]75780[/snapback][/right]

I think its a decent price. I paid 500 for my hitec kit and that was during a GB on Focusfanatics. Hitec kit consisted of springs, shortened struts/shocks.

Your getting a fully adjustable coilover kit here....not to bad.
Flofocus,Dec 21 2004, 06:26 AM Wrote::rolleyes:

I've had ZERO problems with mine.  BUT yes there original store is out of business so you will have a hard time getting anything done under warranty if its from them.  If its from one of their shops I cant see how they would deny the warranty since it says lifetime right on the freakin box.

Dont listen to Mitch.

Buy them if you really want them.  good price for coilovers to.

B)
[right][snapback]75755[/snapback][/right]
most people have not had problems with their FK stuff. however i still stand by my comment of not buying them. this is just like what happened with Spax 8or so years ago with the VW community.

but you're right, it does say right on the box lifetime warrenty.
good luck getting help from a dealer you didn't buy them from, you have to deal with germany, eventually germany will send out replacement parts to one of thier dealers who does not stock any focus parts but who know how long that will take.

like i said before, and i'll keep saying it...
FK makes great parts but without that warrenty........hey if you dson't care, then go for it, it's a great price for what you get. but first things i would check if you were serious about buying these is where they were purchased from, if there is still a reciept.
FK does not maintain it's lifetime warrenty on 2nd hand parts, just FYI.

oh and when did FK have a GB on FF?
that price sounds very similar to the supersales on Clubfocus...?
It may have been on club focus....it was a club that I wasnt part of, I know that.

Heard about it threw here....
yeah, it was more likely CF as Dan and i were putting those deals on as a ClubFocus Exclusive...

anyways, i am a little biased towards staying away from FK stuff after how they delt with Dan Nowick, NA VP of FK, a good friend of mine but the warrenty issue is just icing on the cake.
The warranty issue if a comfort thing. Is nice to know your covered if something happens. The chance of something happening is not likely but you never know. Its usually in these cases where something ends up going wrong and ahh s**t. No warranty. You never know..
Hey coming from sumone with the silver sport ...i love them i've been on them for about 30 000km's and still handels like the first day i got them.....

when i bought mine they came to 1200 shiped
2003 Zx3 French Blue
i have a shop in REGINA that says they can get FK parts WITH WARRANTY!!!!!

jay, its inno, gab says he can get warranty with his s**t
Check it out here
Isn't it really hard/impossible to get warranty coverage when buying 2nd hand not from a dealer? Most places only honor the warranty for the original buyer from an authorized dealer..

It's not too likely that they should ever need warranty replacement (if they're confident enough in their quality to offer a lifetime warranty, it should be pretty decent).

That's a really good price on adjustable coilovers though.
Chris. I dont see how any one can give warranty when FK them selves are not giving it anywhere in North America. If I got the coils from inno and something does happen (I doubt it thow) where would Inno send the warranty info to. FK? They wont warranty.. The only way I can see a way around it is if its Gab at Inno is selling it. He has a crap load of connections.
sr20det,Dec 22 2004, 06:38 AM Wrote:i have a shop in REGINA that says they can get FK parts WITH WARRANTY!!!!!

[right][snapback]75945[/snapback][/right]

if he is a dealer then he gets warrenty coverage from FK germany. however, does he stock focus parts? if not you would still have to wait for him to get the parts in from gernamny before your problem is resolved. once again however, if they are an authorized dealer that is currently the only way of getting a warrenty on your FK stuff.

it's a pretty big grey area on this one....

if you buy your FK stuff direct from a FK dealer you should be fine with the warrenty thing aside from a little wait.
if you buy 2nd hand or from one of the CF sales back in the day, do not expect a quick resolution to your problems.

ZX3TUNING,Dec 22 2004, 08:59 PM Wrote:
sr20det,Dec 22 2004, 06:38 AM Wrote:i have a shop in REGINA that says they can get FK parts WITH WARRANTY!!!!!

[right][snapback]75945[/snapback][/right]

does he stock focus parts?

doesnt stock them, but still can get them quickly so im told...

he knows places in NA that have them in stock
Check it out here