Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heat Fan
Have any of you guys had a problem with the fan that blows out the hot air into your focus. I find my squeels like a mutha when it's set on 1...the low setting.
It only started yesterday, and seems to only squeel when I'm breaking or let off the gas. It's also fine when it's blowing on 2 and up. Weird. Anyone have problems with the fan??
2002 SVT mostly stock...K&N, KVR Carbon Fibre Brakes, Steeda Short Shifter, Steeda Carbon Fibre Dash Kit and no DAMN orange blinkers!
Bearings on the fan motor are shot.

Have it fixed under warrantee, or deal with it.

The Focus is just one of those cars that sounds like it's 10 years old right out of the dealership. :P
ANTHONYD,Dec 20 2004, 06:39 PM Wrote:Bearings on the fan motor are shot.

Have it fixed under warrantee, or deal with it.

The Focus is just one of those cars that sounds like it's 10 years old right out of the dealership. :P
[right][snapback]75585[/snapback][/right]
Thanks Anthony, it's going in tomorrow.
Cheers.
2002 SVT mostly stock...K&N, KVR Carbon Fibre Brakes, Steeda Short Shifter, Steeda Carbon Fibre Dash Kit and no DAMN orange blinkers!
mine started to make a noise too. sounds like something is loose and vibrating or something is caught in the fan. it is hardly noticeable, but i can hear it.
'02 CD Silver SVT
All the options
#3731 out of 4788

'85 Mustang GT
svt_rodg,Dec 20 2004, 12:45 PM Wrote:mine started to make a noise too.  sounds like something is loose and vibrating or something is caught in the fan.  it is hardly noticeable, but i can hear it.
[right][snapback]75598[/snapback][/right]

I'm sure I read somewhere (consumer reports?) that the heater fan was a problem area....and was also under recal. I'd check that and get it done gratis.
Mine hasn't made that noise, nor have I seen it against my recall list (checked against my VIN on the Ford.ca site). Probably was done before I bought the car.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Phreez,Dec 20 2004, 06:09 PM Wrote:
svt_rodg,Dec 20 2004, 12:45 PM Wrote:mine started to make a noise too.  sounds like something is loose and vibrating or something is caught in the fan.  it is hardly noticeable, but i can hear it.
[right][snapback]75598[/snapback][/right]

I'm sure I read somewhere (consumer reports?) that the heater fan was a problem area....and was also under recal. I'd check that and get it done gratis.
[right][snapback]75622[/snapback][/right]

i think you are referring to the Wiper motor assembly and the recall for it

as for the fan noise, i think its extreme cold conditions, mine make that noise, on speed 1 only and only when its really cold. my other car, 2001 ZTS makes the same noise under the same conditions, any other time its perfect. so it might be something that only happens under cold temps.

"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."
--Henry Ford

00 Focus ZX3 Silver- Sold
01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
04 Escape LTD Silver- Sold
05 Freestyle LTD Black-Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold
02 VW Jetta GLS TDI Silver-Sold

11 VW Jetta TDI 6spd Mine Smile
10 VW Golf Highline DSG- wrote off Sad

mine makes that sound too, but only in the morning when it's freezing cold, and only lasts about 30 seconds... i'm attributing the squeal to the cold though.
I've had it replaced twice and it still does it.

It's a noice that occours for only a second or 2.

I've learned to deal with it. :rolleyes:
i have noticed mine makes alittle wobbly noise when the car is first started but is then non noticable due to either car noise or it goes away
2005 ZX4 SOLD! ST; 1992 Mustang 5.0L S/C

[Image: lakemitchellsml.jpg][Image: burnout1sml.jpg]
It seems to vanish once the fan has gone around a few times.
mine started about 2 weeks ago, before the cold, and it is constant, only when the fan is on obviously
'02 CD Silver SVT
All the options
#3731 out of 4788

'85 Mustang GT