Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Block Heaters
ok...since Im almost new...in to the cold long winter thing. :ph34r: ..where can I get those, how easy are they to install, (DIY...or someone has to do it?) and how much are they??

thanx guys.!!
00 DAKOTA R/T.......I just didnt like the torque of the Focus thats all...!!!
It should be a standard part, my Focus (not a SVT came with it). To buy one is maybe $40 for the part and say an hour ($80) labour tops at a dealer. I'm sure they will quote you.

For the record mine is the only car on the street (Toronto) plugged in, "most" people have never heard of the practice let alone bother with it and get by just fine.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
ok..so if its another brand??? where should I go??the dealer?
thanx
redsvtfocus,Dec 20 2004, 04:11 AM Wrote:ok..so if its another brand??? where should I go??the dealer?
thanx
[right][snapback]75486[/snapback][/right]
I'm sure your dealer has it. If you ask nice and said "seeing the car is up on the hoist for an oil change anyway............." it would be cheap and easy. You are right though these things are pretty "universal" (they are just "immersion heaters" after all) , any chain like Crappy Tire could do it but I won't let Crappy Tire touch my car.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
me either....(not a crappy tire fan...of the tech dep)..
ok then I'll ask at the Ford and Dodge dealers
thanx always!!!!!!
my old car (zx3) came with the heater as standard too.. could this be an example of decontenting as the years went on?

my brother never used a block heater on his toyota in calgary, and i've never used a block heater on any of my vehicles either.. so i'm sure you could live without it... i guess better safe than sorry? or better to do it if you are trying to get your car to join the high mileage club?
2001 ZTS,Dec 20 2004, 12:34 AM Wrote:
redsvtfocus,Dec 20 2004, 04:11 AM Wrote:ok..so if its another brand??? where should I go??the dealer?
thanx
any chain like Crappy Tire could do it but I won't let Crappy Tire touch my car.
[right][snapback]75496[/snapback][/right]

Before the focus I had an '89 Nissan Sentra Hatchback (no snickering....that thing ran 650 Kms on a tank and I got 325,000 Kms out of it) but I digres.....Blew a brake line while driving...nearest garage was Crappy Tire, but it was closed. Left the car....left the keys in the box with a note telling what was wrong and a phone number. Next morning I get a call from the service guy....yea your line is gone...but you also need now rotors...pads...and "alignment"???!!!!!

Got the rotors/pads not 3 weeks previously...had the receipt from the garage that did it in the car....and alignment?? How could they tell? They drove it with a busted brake line....hooked it up to the alignment machine on a whim???

Strange

Had it towed to my regular guy....all it needed was a brake line.
Phreez,Dec 20 2004, 09:26 AM Wrote:
2001 ZTS,Dec 20 2004, 12:34 AM Wrote:
thanx
any chain like Crappy Tire could do it but I won't let Crappy Tire touch my car.
[right][snapback]75496[/snapback][/right]

Before the focus I had an '89 Nissan Sentra Hatchback (no snickering....that thing ran 650 Kms on a tank and I got 325,000 Kms out of it) but I digres.....Blew a brake line while driving...nearest garage was Crappy Tire, but it was closed. Left the car....left the keys in the box with a note telling what was wrong and a phone number. Next morning I get a call from the service guy....yea your line is gone...but you also need now rotors...pads...and "alignment"???!!!!!

Got the rotors/pads not 3 weeks previously...had the receipt from the garage that did it in the car....and alignment?? How could they tell? They drove it with a busted brake line....hooked it up to the alignment machine on a whim???

Strange

Had it towed to my regular guy....all it needed was a brake line.
[right][snapback]75548[/snapback][/right]

I just realized this was completly off topic.....very sorry folks...won't happen again
my svt came stock with it as well...
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
ok....what I see is that Im totally ignorant on this issue...how does the thing looks like??? where I plug mine???
other than that...I dont know for how long Im keeping it...but what if it's not hurting me..its not going to harm me either eh??? :P

thanx guys!
You're not from Canada I assume? As far as I know every Focus sold in Canada comes with a block heater.

Your best bet, just go to the stealership and get a quote.
Check around the area around the left hand headlight, you are looking for a 3 prong male 120VAC plug.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
RedSVTfocus drove up from Florida where his SVT came standard with a blockcooler. :lol:
He still had FL plates last time I saw his car.
vintage 2000 malibu blue ZX3 ***SOLD***
2013 performance blue ST

TEAM P.I.T.A.
That one was cool DBlast..!!! :lol:
yep still have the plates..just for fun..and the blockcooler too. :lol: :lol: ..just going to check for the plug....left side headlight..mm... :ph34r:
I think at the dealer young going to get ripped, jesus the dealer near here wants 101 bucks just for the cord to the block heater for a 99 f350 powerstroke :rolleyes: Crazy but hopefully you will have better luck :)
My Mom Says I'm Special

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Seat Heaters TonyDee 14 4,102 10-18-2005, 08:01 AM
Last Post: mo_focus