Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
# Of Instrament Gauge Cluster Bulbs?
Can anyone tell me how many bulbs are in the gauge cluster and Hvac controls?

i'm thinking of changing all of them to LEDs, but need to know how many to order......

any help would be great
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
size 74.

There are 4 in the hvac controls and changing the ones in the cluster will do nothing. The plastic is what is colored and changing the bulb color will do nothing at all. Also changing the ones in the hvac controls does nothing really at all either. Been there done that. Save yourself the 20 bucks in doing this relatively pointless mod man.
Run your car, not your mouth
Thanx for the help Zoom. But is there anyway to change the colour? My cluster doesn't have the stock gauge face any more just the indiglo face, so some light comes through and i just thought i'd change it.

ZOOM,Dec 18 2004, 07:22 PM Wrote:size 74.

There are 4 in the hvac controls and changing the ones in the cluster will do nothing. The plastic is what is colored and changing the bulb color will do nothing at all. Also changing the ones in the hvac controls does nothing really at all either. Been there done that. Save yourself the 20 bucks in doing this relatively pointless mod man.
[right][snapback]75311[/snapback][/right]
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
The light bulbs behind are just plain white, the laminate on the gauges and controls is responsible for the colour. What you are thinking off is a new Gauge Face.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
I have a new gauge face, but don't have the stock face in between that blocks the white light.

I am also thinking about buying a "clear" blue face that will let the light through or have a purple one made using my stock face as a template.

saw it on ebay thought it looked cool
^^^^^^^^^^
so nuff said eh? :lol: :lol:

2001 ZTS,Dec 18 2004, 09:56 PM Wrote:The light bulbs behind are just plain white, the laminate on the gauges and controls is responsible for the colour. What you are thinking off is a new Gauge Face.
[right][snapback]75328[/snapback][/right]
2002 pitch black ZX3

Classic Painting
There's a picture of the gauge cluster backing here: http://jwardell.com/focus/guageslcd.html

Not sure how much good changing those bulbs would be, couldnt hurt I guess.
SL8RZZX3,Dec 19 2004, 03:08 AM Wrote:I have a new gauge face, but don't have the stock face in between that blocks the white light.

I am also thinking about buying a "clear" blue  face that will let the light through or have a purple one made using my stock face as a template.

saw it on ebay thought it looked cool
^^^^^^^^^^
so nuff said eh? :lol:  :lol:

2001 ZTS,Dec 18 2004, 09:56 PM Wrote:The light bulbs behind are just plain white, the laminate on the gauges and controls is responsible for the colour. What you are thinking off is a new Gauge Face.
[right][snapback]75328[/snapback][/right]
[right][snapback]75329[/snapback][/right]

I saw those on ebay too. The clear plastic gauge face. You do realize that our cluster looks like crap behind it right? And that a clear face would let you see it... Take your cluster apart and see for yourself
ZOOM,Dec 19 2004, 02:09 AM Wrote:I saw those on ebay too. The clear plastic gauge face. You do realize that our cluster looks like crap behind it right? And that a clear face would let you see it... Take your cluster apart and see for yourself
[right][snapback]75367[/snapback][/right]

Oh yeah I remember seeing those before.. it's an interesting idea but it just looks like crap. It's just white plastic with three big lightbulbs behind, not very cool looking. If the backing was a big circuit board or something it might look cool..
guilty,Dec 19 2004, 04:57 PM Wrote:
ZOOM,Dec 19 2004, 02:09 AM Wrote:I saw those on ebay too. The clear plastic gauge face. You do realize that our cluster looks like crap behind it right? And that a clear face would let you see it... Take your cluster apart and see for yourself
[right][snapback]75367[/snapback][/right]

Oh yeah I remember seeing those before.. it's an interesting idea but it just looks like crap. It's just white plastic with three big lightbulbs behind, not very cool looking. If the backing was a big circuit board or something it might look cool..
[right][snapback]75382[/snapback][/right]

Yeah guilty hit the nail on the head! The inside of our clusters isn't something I would wanna show off man. Its white plastic with these ugly bulbs, not some high tech, cool looking circuit board.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gauge Cluster Reprogramming @ Bay Ford JSI 1 1,339 07-06-2004, 09:37 AM
Last Post: boost til'bust