Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big Three Question
I read all the posts with the big three in question but I still have a question concerning the alternator to pos battery post wire. Can I just attach a 4ga wire to the alternator and to the pos battery terminal? Do i need that fuseable like thing? What are the chances that something could go wrong by just putting a 4ga wire to replace the stock wire? Please help me out guys because I already have the big 2 done.
I did the magic 3 on my TransAm and I ran 4guage wire from my alt to my bat and I never fused it. I believe the fuse should be built into the alt.

Someone can correct me on this as I am unfamilliar with the Focus, however that is how I did it in the T/A
Join the Sedan Faction - You know you want to.
i never got this far on my project... but i thought you just replace it.
*** 2000 Street Edition Sedan Album ***
(May Your New Owner Love You As I Did)
Well I added the third wire (alternator to Positive Battery terminal) tonight. I just put it on top of the stock wire in that grey fuse thing. We'll see how good it works I guess!
MAlby7,Dec 17 2004, 02:26 AM Wrote:Well I added the third wire (alternator to Positive Battery terminal) tonight.  I just put it on top of the stock wire in that grey fuse thing.  We'll see how good it works I guess!
[right][snapback]74967[/snapback][/right]

i went with 1/0. over kill but so is the system.
Turbo Kit For sale. Bills SUCK.
the system is overkill ? what you running ?
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
for now a earthquake d2 and an immoortal 15. may get bigger may not. im waiting to build my new box then ill decide if i eed to go bigger or not. runing a SRX2S and polyglass components as well.
Turbo Kit For sale. Bills SUCK.
Hey Malby, can you shed a lil light on this topic?

Whats all involved? How long does it take to do all 3?

What ga did you use?

The local Breast Buy had some good deals on short big gauge Monster Cable I was thinking about grabbing.

Can the lazy person just do 1 or 2 of the wires, and still benefit a bit?
I'm gonna ask Jason if he could sticky the Big 3 at the top of the page. At first I just did the big 2 (only put in the 2 ground wires) and it was alright. I later added the 3rd wire and you can tell the difference. I used 4ga wire which is recommended.

Basically you will be adding three more wires:

1) From negative battery terminal to somewhere on the chassis (ground wire)
2) Engine to the chassis (ground wire)
3) From alternator to the positive battery terminal.

I'm gonna give a writeup with pictures and hopefully it will help everyone.