Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Body Parts And Lights....
I already asked about this in the appearance thread...but what is the availability on the english body parts, more speciffically the 1998 RS edition bumper kit (complete with side markers and foglamps), 1998 RS edition sideskirts, 1998 RS edition upper grille and st170 headlights (complete kit with harness and bulbs).

I was on your website a long time ago when you had pricing and availability on those items, but you don't now. I've seen pics of your cars both on Focuscanada and FJ, and that's the look I want to go with for my car.

Pricing all of those peices from European parts was $1845.75 cdn (taxes incl)...not bad for all of those items I mentioned above...

any advice or help of any kind would be greatly appreciated...
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
Oh yeah...I'd preffer to buy from a Canadian supplier, in Canadian funds and have shipping done within Canada...the more simplified the better... I'm going to be looking at ordering all of those things whenever I'm on HLTA from Afghanistan (spring 05), and get them at that time, or after the end of my tour there (mid-summer 05)
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
european parts has cheaper prices because shipping, customs and duties are not factored in... and a lot of the time they are not "COMPLETE" kits, you need to buy a lot of the little parts seperately which can and will increase the price quiet quickly! which is the case for the RS parts you have choosen:
Quote:from euro-parts.net:
1998 RS Edition Front Bumper Cover 289.00EUR

Taken from the European Ford accessories program, made of Polyurethane this is just the bumper without fog lights, grille or mounting hardware. Modifications to the front rebar are required on some US cars to clear the turn signal indicators. Turn indicators are also required, please see lights section. There is a DTM lip available from Stoffler Autotechnik as well for 119€. Made in Germany, approved by the TÜV. Shipping Note: Flatrate shipping price available for only 129 EUR to any international airport!
you are also most likely using direct market exchange to get your price listed above. that wont be how much you pay as even banks do not give that sort of exchange rate. tack on an extra 5-15% and you will get a much more realistic price to what you will actually pay.

if you priced it out with the "KITS" you'd come out to $1357euro or $2150cnd using direct market exchange without tax.
a more accurate number would be $2250-2300cnd with an exchange rate you would get from paypal or a creditcard company. Plus tax, plus duties, plus customs brokerage you are easily looking at over $2500-2700 and then there is shipping... $130euro or about $225cnd) flat rate from euro-parts.net per bumper to a major International airport(you pick-up). side skirts will usually cost more than the bumper to ship for some strange reason.... so we'll just cal it the same for the sake of argument, $225cnd.
to ship the headlights, you are usually looking at about $80-130cnd/pair
so in total you are looking at another $700-900cnd on shipping and possibly plus tax on that too AND you have to go pick it up at a MAJOR international airport, not a big deal if you live in TO, Ottawa, Montreal or Vancouver.

please remember my prices are landed prices so customs and duties are already factored in.
the 98 RS complete front bumper will be around: $950cnd (includes: front bumper, fog lights, indicators, stainless steel lower grille, tow hook cover)
the 98 RS rear bumper will be about: $800cnd (includes: rear bumper, stainless steel rear grille, reverse light, rear fog light)
98 RS Side skirts will be about: $495-515cnd
the ST170s will be about: $495cnd

what about grills?
i just got new pricing on the standard grills...
the Stainless steel mesh RS upper grill to match the mesh in your bumpers is $450cnd :blink: :o
98-01 trend upper grills are $90cnd
02+ trend upper grills are $90cnd
02+ ST170 grills with paintable trim piece are $160cnd

i am putting together an order right now with my new supplier and should have the parts in my hands by jan if all goes well.
if you would like your stuff for march, i would suggest making a deposit so i can order it in on this shipment otherwise you would have to wait till late spring for my next order!
deposits would need to be 50% of total value.

if anyone else is looking for parts, please do the same. a deposit means you are 100% getting something i order. no deposit means parts go to the first person with money in hand!
i have about 6 sets of STs and 3 sets of 02 headlights coming in for stock but they probably will go within a few weeks!
as another option, there are the ICC Tuning RS replica sideskirts
at $375cnd for a pair, they should be a much more viable option the the OEM ford ones if you are worried about spending $500 on sideskrits!

Jason has these on his Grey focus...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Svt/sap body parts MikkelRS 6 3,976 08-24-2017, 02:47 PM
Last Post: Admissioninf
  05-07 Front end body parts castone 25 10,529 10-18-2012, 12:05 PM
Last Post: castone