Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lighting
Hi newbie Fucus owner here.
great forum you folks have here.
I have all kinds of neon lights from my old car kicking around but they all have car adapter plugs on them for the cigarete lighter I dont want a huge cluster of plugs or a tacky wire hanging from my input on my console and or dash.
I was wondering if any of you have done any mods to any 12V wires around the
inside of your cars to hide all the wires and if so how did you do it and do you have any pics?
I just got my 05 ZX4 this past week and love it but I want to get started right away
Thanks
2005,ZX4 SE,Black
You can always piggyback another 12v wire, or attach another wire into your fusebox (in the dash under the steering wheel [I would think it's still there, havent really looked at the 05 interior though]). That's how I wired the 12v for my gauges power.. you just need to look for one that comes on when you want it to, or else wire the switch in-line with that.

I dont know how many wires you'd want connected to one slot on the fuse box though, you'd want to talk to someone who knows more about electrical.
I've done mods to hide the wires fairly good. if u need any help with that, drop me a PM message.
My other ride is your Mom
its easy.

seperate the two wires

ground the black one against one of the screws in the fuse box by your left leg, and then piggyback the red one onto an exisiting 12v source. You will either need to add a switch or piggyback it off a wire that runs on a switch that is existing (ie: your headlight wire)

I ran a switch(s) for my neons and gauges. I use my ciggy lighter too much to have it comprimised for neons. lol
Run your car, not your mouth