Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sirus?
Any one know or have any info about that Sirus satelite radio. Curious how could it works in Canada.
not really sure about this, but the CRTC was to approve sirius satilite radio by october. they have to 30% Canadian content on their broadcasts. theres one guy at audio warehouse that has it on his car and it works and sounds great.
'03 Focus SVT
Check out http://www.siriuscanada.ca it's loaded with lots of useless info. Lots of vague claims. Nothing concrete on the channel lineups.
I've heard/read that yes sirius canada will carry ALL the current sirius channels. I've hear/read that it will carry MOST of the channels.
Americans will be able to listen to the CBC1 & the other Cdn. channel, high american listenership is not expected.
I'm expecting the Canadian Sirius to be the sad north of the border watered down version of an american product.
Much like ExpressVu to DishNetwork, Space ch. to Scifi ch., muchmuzak to MTV, TMN to HBO,Turner etc.

A studio in CapeBreton is nearly complete, that's the only info i've found that seems acurate.

My truck driver neighbor said his buddy gets strong sirius signal up past Dryden ON. The signal at times will cut out up 10min, but that's rare. He figures it's the result of jumping from 1 satelite to another (of the 3).

In Ontario, American (grey-market) Sirius gear can be purchased from The Ottawa Truck Centre ( according to Bluetoy) and Kenworth dealerships.

I will likely be purchasing greymarket unit myself. Or getting a Panasonic HU which currently supports the service.
we also had this thread going,
http://www.focuscanada.net/forum/index.p...topic=7126
It works great... That's all I can add.
[Image: 860doigiveadamn2yy.gif]

Prolly Is not a word
By buddys got SIRUS radio in his car, it works pretty sweet. I'm signing up pretty s00n
My other ride is your Mom
Looked at it today in the shop. The unit looks pretty nice. The guy was telling me how its about $13 US a month for subscription or you can pay a one time fee of $500 for lifetime..
I run a radio station and I don't believe in paying for Radio... it's the only real free media that literally ANYONE with enough $$$ to buy a shitty radio can tune into.
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
Raine, when you say free, how do you mean, that you don't have to subscribe?
because i paid for the radio in my car, i paid for the tuner in my stereo.
I sit through commercials ( and a lot more recently it seems). You can't escape the commercials either, every stations takes it's breaks at the same time it seems.

Sure there is always college radio, just make sure you get a schedule to know when the shows you are interested in are on. It's too hit and miss I find.

In the end, I want to hear music and some music news, not the same darn commercial for the same sale at Cory's, 569 Danforth......

Remember when Jack FM (or BobFm or DaveFm depending on where you live) first hit the airwaves, word spread about them like wildfire, No Commercials!!! that didn't last 2 months. ( I realize that is was strictly a marketing move, but it gives clear indication on commercials).

I want to hear 80% hits, not 60/40 or whatever it is these days.
I want to be excited to listen to the radio.
I agree.... Free radio is certainley not free. I listen to my fav morning show then it's onto Sirius for the rest of the day. No commercials nearly all good music. No comparison..
[Image: 860doigiveadamn2yy.gif]

Prolly Is not a word