Poll:
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Would You Rate Your Dealorship?
Like the topic says.

How would you rate your dealor from 1-5 (1 being bad 5 being exellent). Im sure this info may come handy in the future. This would consist of the customer service you received from when you bought your car or any servicing you had done and the knowledge of salesman and mechanics that worked with you.

If you could also post what dealor it was and what happened. I can all ready imagine the results LOL.
The dealor where I origionaly bought the car from (Bennot) sucks! The salesman was good but when it came time for the service area it took them 1/2 hour to realize I was a customer and not just some kids wondering around looking for his dad. When it came to oil changes only one guy could work on my car. I didn't trust any one else. I also feal the manager in the service area should be working for Honda since I have yet to hear him say anything good about the Focus. All I here is about his sons Delsol *cough* I mean DelSlow.

As for the other dealor (Percvial) I feal a bit more comfortable. Again the guys working on the cars don't seem all there how ever some of the older guys do know what there doing. Service seems good there to. I had my warranty work done there on my rear drums. They fixed it no questions asked. The paint and auto body department is my favorite. The main guy in there fixed my dents :rolleyes: and painted all my parts. He got them done super fast and prices were reasonable. He also had no problem fixing the side skirt from when it was sitting to high and the door rubbed the paint off.
Here is my story with East-Court Ford Lincoln.. Here

Sales: Was done pretty well, they didn't really forced me to buy those anti-rust sprays or frabric protections stuff...I did extend the warrenty to 5 years because of the all the recalls Focus had before.

Service area: In general, compared to other dealership, this one is designed very well, pretty new, only about 2 or 3 years old, bright everywhere, drinks, papers, couches, windows to see service area etc. However, IMO, they seem to like the Lincoln customers more for ovious reasons. I haven't had any trouble with them before, all the trouble i have had was actually with the car itself and not the service deparment. The story above about the lugs, i believe it would only be a one time thing...i mean, accidents do happen.

In general: Not to be racist or anything, but i felt unease when walking into the dealership the first time due to the fact that the majority of the sales personnal there are indian. After my purchase, while leaving the lot, i could clearly tell all the sales people were talking about me, in their own language. I did not understand them so i am in no position to tell if the comments were good or bad.
2003 Focus ZTS Sedan - CD Silver - 2.0L ZETEC. Power Moonroof. Winter Package. 4 spd auto
2002 Mazda Protege ES Sedan - Sand Mica - 2.0L FS-DE. 4 spd auto

Toronto Protege Club Events Photographer
Toronto Protege Club Events Reporter
I think I've probably got one of the best dealerships around. Shanahan Ford on Sheppard just W. of Warden. Sales staff is friendly... service dept. is excellent (if you ever go, ask for John Borg, and when you see him, tell him Al with the Black Focus Hatch sent you. He'll take good care of ya)... mechanics are quite knowledgable, parts staff is typically rude but nice once you get to know them.. and the receptionist in service always gives me candy.

Not to mention the girl who you pay in the parts/service area is stupid hot...
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
I purchased my car at Summit Ford and only took it there once for a free oil change. If I have to take my car to a dealorship I take it to Thorncrest Ford on the Queensway or Evans Lincon Mercury (I think they've changed there name to evans Ford) on Dundas. I havent had any problems with either place.
Black 2001 ZX3-Panasonic H/U, Kenwood amp (don't know how many watts), 10" RF Punch sub (good enough for the music I listen to)
Falken ZIEX ZE-512's
I'll Just move this from another post I made

Bad: Donway ford - bought SVT from them, took it back the next day. headlight housing was leaking. Threw out aftermarket bulbs. When I called the shuttle to pick me up from work, they proceeded to tell me that they don't usually do pickups anymore . after 20 minutes of arguing they said they'd make an exception. Terrible cleanup department. Good Sales department though.

Bad: Thorncrest Ford. Bought my Zx3 from them. car came in for service the day after i bought it. for shift linkage work. (car wouldnt go into second gear) Car was parked around the side of the dealership for 3 hours (same spot) they handed me the keys, and said that their printer was broken and they could not print me a work order.
the next time i went to a dealership (erinwood) they told me that none of the recalls were done on the car. Terrible Customer Service.

Bad: Whiteoak ford. Told me they couldn't adress my service issues because the ZX3 was almost out of warranty - 56,300km and I hadn't brought it to them previously

Bad: Summit Ford - Tried to sell me a used svt 20,000km for 27,500 w/ paint damage. even after I showed them the offer donway gave me on both sonic blue svts.

Neutral: Sheridan Ford. NON SVT. took car into dealership inspected power steering leak, told me that the car should be fine untill the part came in. Hose blew 2 days later. Dropped the car at erinwood. closest dealership. Sheridan refused to release the part to erinwood.

Neutral: Dixie ford. 56 days to order a part. they ended up ordering the wrong one. car still is not fixed. Adressed other issues in a timley fashion. Good service Manager. Overlooked Modifications. Shuttle Service = Poor.... Closes prior to 5pm
Decent Clean up dept.

Good : Erinwood ford. Sometimes reluctant to fix the car. possibly deaf technicians. Fixed all major problems. Usually Repaired within 1-2 days. when my MAFS went on the Zx3. they reinstalled the factory airbox and replaced the part under warranty instead of blaming the intake. Customer Service = excellent. friendly staff. etc
Car completley Detailed with most recent service
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
Bougth my car at Donway no problems untill I started to complain about the car that only took 10,000k`s, after that it was downhill from there and the service plainly sucked.

Got pissed at Donway decided to give Total Ford a chance also got s**t service and they touched parts of the car that I told them not too :angry:

Thorncrest was also given a chance but they also pissed me off with lousy service.

Roland Ford was the last dealer I took my Focus too and they charged me to hook up the car to the computer even though it was an exhaust problem (wich they fixed badly so I fixed it again in my driveway) and the car was clearly still under warranty.

After the Donway and Total I phoned Ford Canada and told them about my experience at those 2 dealers all they said ""Ford Canada is not responsible for the way that dealers do business".
1972 Austin Mini | 1989 Mini30 | 2002 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS
Purchased SVTF at Kennedy Ford dealership in Oakville after looking at over 25 SVTF's at Discovery in Burlington, Dixie in Mississauga and Kennedy Ford. MY SVTF was the only one with the colours I wanted and loaded, and without any noticable defects (saw many).

Get my oil changes done at Terrace Ford in Burlington with no problems.

Had warranty work done at Discovery and had hard time getting my deserved SVT service but I did win in the end. Will never go back there after the service advisor :lol:
Frank phoned me and tried to give me s**t for trashing the service on my Ford survey.

Have been to Kennedy for two warranty repairs and I have nothing bad to say ( funny since I came close to smashing their new glass doorways about 15 years ago, and had Ford of Canada, which owns Kennedy Ford :o , come down and tell the service dept. to do what I requested).

Had free oil change once at Dixie and no problem. How hard is it to screw up an oil change?
Old enough to know me limit, yet young enough to exceed it.
Soucy Ford in Rockland. Small town dealership.

Service manager is Ron. Awsome guy.

He even tells me when I have the option to just buy the part and fix it myself. :lol:

EDIT: This is after going through all SORTS of hassels with Campbell Ford in Ottawa, where I purchased the car.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Jubilee Ford in Saskatoon--- Rocks--- for a dealership. Great service, free Starbucks coffee when you come in for service. Always get SVT service without asking for it. Salesman( Sheldon) who I bought the car from remembered me and always says hi when I go in for service. He even asked me what mods I have done to the car and ask if I had the car out to SIR.
My local dealer--Royal Ford, Yorkton--- sucks. Knew nothing about the car. Wanted to put the wrong oil filter on my car. When my son had a problems with his ZX3 ATX they couldn't find the problem. Took several times,but I think they finally did fix it.
2003 CD Silver SVT Focus
#21 of 2173
Rob,Nov 18 2004, 02:01 PM Wrote:I purchased my car at Summit Ford and only took it there once for a free oil change.  If I have to take my car to a dealorship I take it to Thorncrest Ford on the Queensway or Evans Lincon Mercury (I think they've changed there name to evans Ford) on Dundas.  I havent had any problems with either place.
[right][snapback]70459[/snapback][/right]

good stuff, I work at evans, I think for the most part, all the techs are pretty good there, and we dont give the hassels that alot of places give people for warranty related repairs.

I dont like thorncrest, they obviously dont have that good of techs over there, because they sublet some of there work to my dealer :rolleyes: I get all kinds of transmission work from them that there techs either dont want to fix under warranty, or they just dont know how to fix. Its funny getting a workorder and seeing the name of the customer is thorncrest, hahaha. ive also heard of driveability problems coming to my dealer from them. The transmission mechanic that used to work for thorncrest didnt like to do contour and mystique tranny's, so I got all of there contour and mystique transmission jobs, haha what a joke. They also dont have a spring compressor, and they sometimes have to send there springs out to get them done. and not too long ago, they came to my dealer to get brake discs machined, haha

SVT Motor Swap into 2000 zx3 with 5spd.
14.9 @ 93MPH
"I am going to run 5's .... I am planning on installing a rocket engine!"
Eastgate Ford in Hamilton is pretty good to me. I never have any problems with them, I always bring in my parents trucks to them and they fix them with no questions asked. They keep me up to date with all my maintances and other things like recalls and what not. You guys should try them out if you live in the area.
2004 Ford Focus ZX5 MTX75 - Liquid Grey -

15.7 @ 86mph

1994 Pontiac Trans AM 25th Anniversary 6 spd -

12.3 @ 110mph

2013 Ford Focus ST - Oxford White

1/4 TBD
[Image: image,Burnin1,black,blue.png]
Stockfish Ford in North Bay, ON. They had a sister dealership where I bought the little red SPI (Sunset Ford Lincoln) that they had to absorb this fall. I was in for a complete service earlier this month for 4 new Goodyear Infinities, oil change, transmission flush/fill and filter... everything came in under 650CDN, taxes in. Their shuttle service rocks, always available, and starts at 7AM!! Perfect when I need to be back at the office for 7:30.

I had one hubcap come off, right after the new tires install. Without question they replaced it free-of-charge, right out of the box. Not a complaint. Highly recommended.

I'm JUST over 72,000KMs as of last night, not one single problem that wasn't easily corrected (the only real problem was the fuel pump recall).
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Definitely a 5 for sure, have had nothing but excellent service, customer service, etc.

http://www.jubileeford.com
Well ..I just drop off my baby at Heritage ford..they gave me the rental for 3 days..a nice and shiny Ford TAURUS!!!!!(hate that car..but dont mind they pay for it..the only thing is they said its for 3 days only....and gave them a list with 11 inquiries.. :lol: warranty!!!!
I'll post whats up with her and the dealer.
00 DAKOTA R/T.......I just didnt like the torque of the Focus thats all...!!!
No problems here.

They're quck, polite and accurate.

Never had a problem.....

The car on the other hand....

That's another story. :rolleyes:
Ok...got the car back today...the guy called at 5. pm sharp..
they did 6 out of 9 inquiries..good...I'm geting a new clutch (under warranty..yes)..also the rotors are warped..so I hope they do them under warranty.
I just have to wait for the call, he said all the clutch parts are back ordered..so wait till they get them...
but for now..Im really pleased the way everything came out...so I think I went to the right place...Heritage Ford.
00 DAKOTA R/T.......I just didnt like the torque of the Focus thats all...!!!
Thanks for your posts guys. There is a reason for this post. It still has to build up though.
thabrat,Dec 2 2004, 12:55 AM Wrote:Thanks for your posts guys. There is a reason for this post. It still has to build up though.
[right][snapback]72438[/snapback][/right]

A reason? Care to explain.....
redsvtfocus,Dec 1 2004, 09:42 PM Wrote:Ok...got the car back today...the guy called at 5. pm sharp..
they did 6 out of 9 inquiries..good...I'm geting a new clutch (under warranty..yes)..also the rotors are warped..so I hope they do them under warranty.
I just have to wait for the call, he said all the clutch parts are back ordered..so wait till they get them...
but for now..Im really pleased the way everything came out...so I think I went to the right place...Heritage Ford.
[right][snapback]72415[/snapback][/right]

Good Luck having the clutch ordered in... Dixie ordered it for me. 51 days later. they brought in the wrong one :rolleyes:

But they do say they'll have it when my car comes out of storage. March 25, 2005
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold