Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Race Header
Hey, does anybody have a race header for a zetec motor for sale
You can usually find a used race header pretty cheap. Focus Fanatics is a good place to check but everything is from the US. Only thing is I find alot of them being all being 4-2-1 style (I wanted 4-1) and I rather have new parts.

The best advice I can give you is make sure you don't go with a cheap brand on this part like OBX or SSautochrome etc. I heard alot of issues with fitment with the bungs and the EGR.
I'm trying to avoid OBX all together, but it looks tempting. I guess its not worth the headaches
There was a dude on one site selling them for $75 but he never did get back to my email. Jarrod (focis8nt) got a race header off the net and its terrible. Nothing lines up and its not even machined.
Thats OBX for you.
Same with ssautochrome stay away from their stuff. The welds, coating, overall part quality is less then your paying for.
2010 Hyundai Genesis 2.0T GT
2008 Jetta Sedan
2007 Colorado
2006 Jetta Wagon TDI (Totalled) (Monkey in the middle on 400)
2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart (Totalled)
2000 ZX3 (Darknights 2nd place Focus)
Blackzx3,Nov 18 2004, 12:31 PM Wrote:Same with ssautochrome stay away from their stuff.  The welds, coating, overall part quality is less then your paying for.
[right][snapback]70453[/snapback][/right]

the quality of the OBX is amazing (full stainless steel), I have it, and I like it more than my old Focussport race header because the FS one cracked and I had to bent the EGR for the FS one as well.

Ya but stay away from SSautochrome because those have huge fitment problems.
2001 Yellow Focus ZX3
as for my header mine was made by some potheads who were stoned in a garage and decided to make a bong out of stainless steel it was a pos!!!!! it wasn't OBX though a guy i just talked to he had bought an obx of ebay and said the quallity was amazing "its better then the FS they are copying " thats what he said quote for quote so honestly OBX doesn't seem that bad of brand...I haven't heard any bad reviews just comment on fitment like Jay said, The EGR is a lil tight to they said undo the other end of the pipe do it up to the header and then do it back up to where it connects at the other end. One guy said he has had no problems with it.

of course this is just opinion and am I no way liable or at fault for any decision the reading party decides to purchase lol ;)
OFFICAL FC BABYSITTER

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wtb: Race Header hardk0re 0 889 05-01-2005, 10:57 PM
Last Post: hardk0re
  Wtb: Race Header, Cams And Cams Gear Devil majestic 1 1,040 04-30-2005, 05:56 AM
Last Post: Zoom
  Race Header ZX5focused 3 1,282 03-16-2005, 01:40 PM
Last Post: meford4u
  Wtb: Race Header FociS8nt 0 1,062 11-06-2004, 08:25 PM
Last Post: FociS8nt